We stayed at Neelams the Grand from 6-20 January 2009 and would not go back to the hotel again. As my sister in law put it, it was "all fur and no knickers". The front of the hotel looks wonderful but that's where it stops. The rooms could be cleaner, I had to wipe out the shelves before putting clothes on them. There was thick dust under the bed. The bed was hard and had the mattress was only about about four inches deep. The shower was a mixer tap type over othe bath which was pretty much useless. It also had a hand held shower which we tended to use because more water came out of it. The tiling round the bath was crumbling and consequently when having a shower water leaked on to the floor. The bath was also grubby and stained. The pool area needs completely refurbishing, The pool bar was non existent. The waiter took your order for drinks and then had to go to the Sportz bar at the front of the hotel resulting in a 20-30 minute wait. The hotel caters more for Indians than the package holiday and indian companies had "team building sessions" there resulting in less sunbeds for guests to use. There was a shower near the pool to use before you went into the pool and we saw an Indian male go to the shower and pee in it whilst showering. The indian males also spat in the pool. We have had two items go missing from the room. One room boy asked my husband for money for cleaning the room and my husband hadn't even seen him before. The only good thing I can say is that some of the staff were excellent and the food was good. However drinks are nearly double what you would pay in other places in Calangute. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand in its true opulent style and grandeur architecture is the blend of perfect hospitality and old world charm. Comprising of 143 contemporarily appointed rooms and suites with large swimming pool, health club, multi cuisine restaurant, coffee shop and largest Sports Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Neelams The Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neelams The Grand Calangute
- Neelams The Grand Hotel Calangute
- Neelams Grand
- Neelams The Grand Goa/Calangute