“Sound Sleep”

Casa De Goa Boutique Resort
Ranked #9 of 116 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good clean rooms... Absolutely no parking space in case you drive down... Buffet breakfast is average ... Walking distance from Calanguth beach, even though they warned us not to use the narrow access after night fall... Calanguth beach is below average

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sunitfenn

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I m using the hotels WiFi facility to write their own review...sounds interesting coz complimentary WiFi is the only good thing that I have come across in this hotel. I have stayed in this hotel in 2012 too with my friend and because of my earlier experience i decided to spend 3 nights in this hotel this year too with my family... proximity to Calangute and Baga being its only USP. To my surprise, the quality of the hotel has deteriorated so much in just 2 years that i am forced to write their review while in the hotel itself... though i have already planned to check out tomorrow and move to a better hotel tomorrow. This hotel used to be a 3-4 star property earlier.. and now its not even worth a single star. When i checked in, i was faced with a weird situation... while i was filling my forms and completing the formalities.. there was one guest who was fighting with the hotel managment over some issue so loud that most guests had gathered in the lobby. though i kept my kool... i a double thought whether i had made a right choice this time as my family was with me. we were to shift in a five star in south goa after 3 days stay at calangute...that was the ultimate solace... so i decided to go ahead. when entered in the room ...a strange stench welcomed us... when i reported the guy told me that since room was not in use it had this smell... n he sprayed room freshener all over... in the morning at the buffet breakfast we could feel that it was no longer a "boutique resort" that they claim.. the spread was minimal... taste was mediocre and many items were missing and they could not replenish them. icing on the cake was rotten pineapples in the fresh fruit basket.... we then left for sight seeing... and to our dismay when we returned in evening.. the rooms had not been cleaned... the trash bins were full ...and the worst part was that my imported chocolates and sweets had been attacked by very tiny red ants...!!!! not only sweets red ants were there in bathroom too...thats when i decided to write this review...the people manning the hotel are friendly but inefficient it seems... despite several calls they dont attend to guests ... overall very poor service. last time they welcomed us with a wine bottle... and this time it was some cokum cruh or something... deterioration is visible..!!! god save this hotel..!!! i have already struck it off my list of places worth visiting.

4  Thank puneet752
Candolim1212, General Manager at Casa De Goa Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Mr. Puneet,

At the outset, let me Thank you for your patronage as well as for having taken the time to rate us on tripadvisor and leave your comments.

It is disappointing to note that we failed to meet your expectation during the recent stay. On behalf of the team please accept my apology for failing to provide you and your family with a memorable experience at Casa de Goa. I have briefed my team on your feedback and we are addressing all your highlighted concerns very seriously to rectify the shortcomings.

We do hope you will allow us to serve you the next time you visit Goa and change your experience for the better.

Best regards,

Wilfred Fernandes

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This boutique hotel is located just 5 mins away from the busiest Calangute beach. The hotel deluxe rooms and the villas and suits are separated by a narrow public road which is good. They both have their private swimming pool except that the suite area has a Jacuzzi as well. If you have the budget dont even think twice to book the suite. Its more personal and the hospitality is to some other level.
The staff is very welcoming and the food cant just go wrong in Goa.

Room Tip: Go for the suite.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ranishah
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

What a wonderfully refreshing place! Casa de Goa is like an oasis of comfort, beauty and peace. Located right in the heart of Calangute, with the beach merely 5 min walk away, this boutique resort shines brightly for impeccable service, excellent food and friendly staff.

In the past, I have stayed at 5 star properties earlier such as Ramada, Taj and Cidade de Goa. While the other places were also very good, I found Casa de Goa better for the following reasons... proximity to the beach, price, warmth of the staff, cosy rooms with modern amenities. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the rooms looked newly refurbished. All this for a steal...

And let me tell you one interesting fact that is special about Casa de Goa. Usually, in other hotels, the items in the fridge are marked up steeply so that the hotel can earn from the consumption of food and beverage. But very surprisingly, the prices of the food and drinks stocked in the room were close to the retail price with a very small margin. Which means you don't feel guilty for having consumed the stuff in the room. Hooray! I think this tipped the scales in favor of Casa de Goa.

We were so happy here that we actually extended our holiday for two more days. Now that's a first even for us. Casa de Goa is more than just a 4 star property. It's a home away from home.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SimranTrip
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Most luxurious nd very pleasant hotel....all amenities available. ...we had a deluxe room....include of bath tab...food was good....the pplz over der were very helpful...cheerful. ...especially mr. Prashant ....he was very hospitable friendly. ...just love to be that hotel....nd surely I will visit again

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sonali k
Reviewed 21 May 2014

As I said, everything was great,right in the center of calangut market,5 min. walk from the beach,all happenning place near by and a great place to stay with always helping staff and excellent food .my son never wanted to go out from the hotel.good swimming pool .I checked in through online booking after checking reviews from trip advisor. very reasonably priced hotel. and good part is they provide pickup and drop in a/c innova cab from thivam station @800/- only.if you book through prepaid taxi they will charge 600/- for non a/c and poor condition taxi.

Room Tip: first floor rooms
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Casa De Goa is one of the best boutique hotel in Goa, right in the middle of the bustling calangute market, walking distance from the lovely beach. Rooms are nicely maintained, clean and really beautiful property.
What needs to be mentioned is the service which was provided by the hotel staff, lovely people ready to help always... Not to forget the food quality. Breakfast had lots of options and the food was excellent. They even arranged for the pick up and drop to thivim and Madgaon station at a very reasonable rate. Also, rentals for bike and car is available right outside the hotel.
Overall a very good experience, would definitely recommend it to everyone who is wanting to stay in North Goa, and would visit again.

Room Tip: If you are travelling as a couple or kids more than 12 years, try the suits and vilas, really luxuri...
1  Thank megh_9