“GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY. HELPFUL STAFF”
Review of Hotel Linda Goa

Hotel Linda Goa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calangute
Hotel Linda Goa
Ranked #63 of 119 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 24 February 2012

If you are looking for a BUDGET hotel close to both Baga and Calagute beach, then Linda is a good choice to pick.

I booked 4 rooms for a group of about 8 people. Our stay was very comfortable, the hotel staff was very helpful when called upon. The ACs worked in all the rooms, on the second last night one of the ACs stopped working very late at night, the attendant at the front desk came immediately to try and fix it, even though he was unable to, the hotel offered us another room to stay in at no extra cost.

I plan to take another trip to Goa with the same set of friends and we have no intention of going elsewhere. The location is amazing.

Remember it is a budget hotel, dont go looking around for 5 star Taj treatment, look for having a good time with close friends and not spending too much money.

Room Tip: First floor, all rooms facing the village are fully functional and clean.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank RN17

Reviewed 27 October 2011

My wife, our 3 yr. old son and I were in Goa few days back where we spent a couple of days in Calangute.

We wanted to extend our stay for another day and we wanted to stay close to the Baga beach. The hotel we were staying at had no rooms for another night so we went hunting for a hotel and came across Hotel Linda Goa located on the main road which connects Baga and Calangute.

The reception area looked very clean and had a professional yet friendly look but this was not to be !!!

We asked for the tariff and we were asked to see the rooms first. We did so and settled for the deluxe AC village view room which cost INR 2300/- per night. Paid the full amount upfront and checked in the next morning.

We found the AC very noisy so we informed the hotel manager/receptionist (including the Brit woman at the reception who i think is the owner) that the AC needs to be repaired or we need to shift to another room. We handed over the keys to the room and left to the beach.

We returned late at around 10pm and the receptionist was not available. The housekeeping informed me that the AC had a bearing issue and hence the noise. I asked to be shifted into another room which was promptly done. The second room also had an issue with the AC (compressor not turning on) and the room was hot as ever.

Third time we were shifted to another room and the AC here was tripping every other minute as it had some earthing issues. Finally i lost my cool and had to ask the hotel staff to get the manager but in vain. A bouncer from the hotel bar was kind enough to shift us to another room (fourth time) and the ac was working here... luckily. The room was however small, one bed sheet had a huge gaping hole, the ac was not silent but want as noisy as the one we first had earlier in the day. There was no phone in the room and the TV wasnt working as well.

The next morning i confronted the hotel manager to refund a part of the tariff for the inconvenience caused. I had to shift four rooms at 10pm for over an hour while my son was asleep. The management was unapologetic and were in fact defending themselves that it was a mechanical failure on the ac's and this was not their fault.

I was shocked. Three A/C's having mechanical failure in a single night is quite a coincidence... a miracle even. The manager did not even apologize for the inconvenience and when i asked for the owner for me to speak to he flatly refused. The Brit lady who i presume is the owner walked in but avoided us. The manager knew our plight the previous day itself (the fact that we had to change four rooms and he was kept in loop of this) but made no effort to call us and pacify us or even apologize.

Since we were not given a partial refund on the full tariff we has paid upfront (in advance) we asked the manager to compensate by providing complimentary breakfast and he was so cheap to give us a 200 rupee waiver on our breakfast at the adjacent restaurant. Please note this was for 2 adults and one child. 200 rupees for 3 people not per head. The adjacent restaurant charges INR 220 for breakfast.

If you need a place to stay in Goa, AVOID this hotel. They take the full tariff upfront and do no care about how bad your stay is. They just want the money. Totally unprofessional and highly dreadful service.

Room Tip: check for reviews online before paying any advance.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Aditya N
Reviewed 25 November 2010

I visited Goa third time with my wife to have a break from stressful life and celebrate my anniversary. I booked a deluxe pool facing room for 3 nights at total package cost of 2800 X 3 = Rs. 8400/-. We both were very excited as it was out first holiday break in 2010 and what could have been better than our anniversary.
Now I will explain what a bad place hotel Linda is. They will make sure that they will ruin your holidays. We reached in hotel at 12.00 PM after 15 hours long journey from Bangalore. To my surprise there was on one at reception. 5 minute later one room service guy came. We showed him our booking confirmation. Immediately he called one another guy. Then they called someone over phone and after 15 minutes they could offer us the room.
The room was very disappointing. Bad sheets and blanket were dirty and torned. AC was not working. It was giving a wierd sound. No mini bar. Fridge was there (very very dirty) but again it was not working, Furniture in the room was a century old. Bath room was stinking. When I complain it, they told me to wait for 2-3 hours and ensured that they will repair/replace everything. Somehow we settled there.
After 2 hours there manager Ms. Sarita came. I showed her everything. She ensured me again that she will take necessary actions immediately. In the evening when we went to beach, they repaired the AC and fridge and replace the bad sheets as well but did not change the torn blankets. To our surprise AC again started making that weird noise. Somehow again we settle there.
After spending an uncomfortable night, next day morning we ordered the breakfast at 8.15 AM. While ordering I asked for the serving time. I was told it will take 30 minutes. As we had to go at 9.00 am, I was okay with it. No one brought it till 8.45 am. I again called at 8.45, they told it will take another 15 minute. I again called at 9.05 am, they told it will take another 30 minute. I was told cook in new and he is taking more time than expected. Finally after chasing them for more than one hour I got my breakfast at 9.35 am. At that moment I decided that I will not ruin my holidays in this pathetic place.
As I paid Rs. 4000/- at the time of booking the hotel, I requested their manager (Ms. Sarita) to refund my balance Rs, 1200/- (As I stayed there only for one night). She refused to refund. Although she agreed that their services are not up to the standard, still she did not refund. Rather she told me as per policy they collect entire package cost in advance, and if someone checks out, even because of their bad facilities and services, they never refund anyone.
This is cheating. I strongly recommend never stay in this hotel unless you want to ruin your holidays. Even If you had to stay never pay for more than one day rent because the moment you pay them more, they will make sure that you check out immediately with their poor services

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vipinjain
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I came from Pune and stayed here for 3 days. The hotel staff was very much helpful in guiding me about Goa as I was new here. The hotel was very much clean and safe. I really appreciate the hospitality of the hotel staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Hotel Linda Goa, is a reflection of pure Goan hospitality. Located right on the famed Calangute-Baga-Anjuna beach belt, it is surrounded by lush greenery and luxuriant palm trees.Hotel Linda is a bare minute walk from the picturesque Baga beach, where the magnificent expanse of the azure Arabian Sea beckons

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Its lovely

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 March 2007

On arrival staff were unhelpful, and the swimming pool was unhygienic. There were only four sunbeds for the whole hotel. The room i stayed in was above a disco that went on untill 3 o'clock in the morning. The was no hot water and no towels, the room was only cleaned on request, and we were not told about continental breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank Hobokid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
The Ronil Royale
Villa Fatima Beach Resort
Villa Fatima Beach Resort
#93 of 119 in Calangute
ibis Styles Goa Calangute Resort- An AccorHotels Brand

Been to Hotel Linda Goa? Share your experiences!