I spent a 3 week holiday over Christmas and New year 2011/2012 in Alor Resort, 3 adults 3 children. Overall the hotel was excellent.
The hotel is basic but you get what you pay for... if you want 5* luxury go find it and pay the 5* price, but for a comfortable, friendly and well located hotel the Alor is brilliant.
Its situated 10 mins walk from the nicer end of Calangute beach and is close enough to local bars and restaurants but not to close you can hear the noise and rowdy tourists.
Like any traveller we were skeptical about the condition of the hotel and had read some bad reviews however now I have experienced Alor myself I couldn't disagree with them more.
The food was basic however who goes to India and eats in the hotel the whole time? There are numerous places nearby to eat, its just a matter of finding the good from the bad.
Overall there was only two faults with the hotel in the 3weeks we were there,
1) Upon our arrival there were ants in one of our 3 rooms. We told the staff and they immediately came and sprayed them and then returned numerous times the next day to make sure they were gone. Within a day they were gone and cleared up and didnt return.
2) The pool is situated in a place in which the sun only gets there for a few hours of the day,however there is a grass area out the front where you can use the sun loungers and if not the beach is 10 mins away.
Whilst there was went on "The Jungle Book Experience" which was absolutely brilliant 10 out of 10. If you want a real basic and cultural trip, do this. All the reps will know what it is. Its an overnight trip including a spice plantation, elephant rides, jungle walk, temple, yoga, washing and swimming with elephants then getting washed by it, photo ops with the elephants, campfire fun, a lot of indian cuisine and a lot more. Excellent value for money.
Overall a brilliant trip to Goa. When booking a trip to Goa you already know it wont be luxury so dont expect it. The hotel is basic but very clean fresh sheets and towels everyday, clean shower, air conditioning and comfortable bed - which is all you need as who wants to spend all holiday in the hotel? The staff are very friendly and helpful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your Alor Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alor Holiday Hotel Calangute
- Hotel Alor Holiday
- Alor Holiday Resort Goa/Calangute