We as a couple stayed here during the last week of June. Booked the room through Yatra.com and got a good deal because of off season. The resort is right in between the Calangute and Baga beach. Easy to locate, the resort has its beach shack from the beach, then the swiss cottages and the normal rooms 5 minutes walk from the beach. We got a pool view room on the first floor, and i believe its the best standard room there. The pool is a very small one, forget swimming in it, its just for leisure. Then again why would you need a pool if you are in Goa and staying in a beach resort. The food here is quite good including the breakfast, compliments to the chef in this regard. Swimming in the sea was bit of an issue as the lifeguards shoo you away to the more crowded places either towards Calangute main or Baga main. That was because they could then monitor you easily. The beach is a bit dirty with plastics and broken beer bottles, but then its all of us to take the blame for it. Outside the resort you could find bikes and cars for hire easily with reasonable rates. Overall a very good experience, maybe would try the beach shacks next time as they were closed during the monsoon season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the beach, at Estrela, your presence is celebrated, your individuality recognized and your tastes remembered. Our staff pampers you with impeccable service and showers you with undivided attention. The spotlight is always on you and your needs. This unconventional approach is the reason why your experience at our hotels and resorts is always full of champagne moments and sweet memories. Come, get used to stardom! The bright, cozy rooms, Swiss cottages & luxurious sea view cottages feature satellite TVs, minibar, hair dryer, electronic safe, tea-coffee maker, etc as well as DVD sets in some rooms. Free Wi-Fi in all our restaurants. Most of the rooms feature private balconies. Swiss chalet-style cottages offer garden views and some include sunloungers and bars. Room service is available 24/7. There's an ornate restaurant, as well as a beach eatery featuring live entertainment. Other amenities include a playground, a rooftop terrace and an outdoor pool with dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estrela Do Mar Beach Hotel Calangute
- Hotel Estrela Do Mar Beach
- Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort Calangute
- Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort Goa/Calangute