“An evening Meal”

Ranked #52 of 113 Hotels in Calangute
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“An evening Meal”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We didn't stay here but just called in with some friends for a meal on a recommendation, we weren't disappointed. We had a lovely meal, treated like special guests! It was so clean, the food was good and service excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sue M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
manchester
Reviewed 28 January 2014

been to goa 7 times now, this was are first time in the mira hotel, i do not know how it gets higher rating than the osborne hotel, location of the mira good, pool area very small, rooms clean but again small, but we don't spend that much time in room so not a problem, what i didnt like was not having a frigde in the rooms, you could hire one for £1.50 a day, not a lot of money i no.but why not just put a frigde in all rooms, breakfast was the norm tea, coffee and toast, you could get full breakfast for a few rupees. staff looked scared stiff, couldnt get much conversation out of any off them. we was on the first floor facing the pool, the front door was facing some waste ground where i think must of the dogs in calangute lived, or thast what it seemed like, howling and barking must nights till early hours. i dont think i will be staying there again sorry mira,

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank judith_8
Dukinfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

It was my first time in Goa, so en route to the hotel Mira, I was terrified. Mosquitos, rats and other horrifyingly debauched insects lingered in my imagination. But when I arrived, I needn't have worried. There was nothing untoward, insect wise, in the Hotel Mira and I don't think there were any rats. The bathroom and beds were perfectly clean and they change the bedding every other day. All the staff were friendly and polite. Some of the staff there doubled up as taxi drivers and gave low prices to wherever we wanted to go, nobody tried to overcharge us, the worst person there was my boyfriend who was trying to barter everything down to 50 rupees (the equivalent of English 50p).

The air conditioning system was excellent. We stayed in room 404, the only disadvantage to this was that we had to walk up 4 flights of stairs. I didn’t actually mind this as I was eating about 4000 calories a day in Calangute and the surrounding areas (loads of great restaurants near the Mira) so I liked to kid myself that a walk up a few stairs might balance this out, but if you are elderly or disabled then you may struggle as there is no lift, althought they do have ground floor rooms.

The only breakfast I ate whilst at the Mira was toast. This was fine, not too dissimilar to English toast. I also drank the juice, tea and milk provided by the Mira for breakfast. I have been fine, not ill, I haven’t developed any terrible syndromes and I have been back in England for 4 days now.
On the last day we were meant to check out at 11 a.m but our flight wasn’t til midnight so I asked at the desk the day before if we could keep our room. This was no problem and we were charged the obligatory 2500 rupees (£25.00).

Goa is the best place I have ever been, we ate everywhere and all the food was fantastic. The curries are divine. I am scared of everything but there was absolutely no need to be and I would recommend it to anyone who is a bit wary or just plain terrified. The people are lovely and will do anything for you. Fantastic atmos all round really. P.S. Go to Daytripper in Calangute and book the trip to Dudhsagar waterfalls on a Sunday. You will see elephants and monkeys who steal your lunch.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chivonne H
Lajes do Pico, Portugal
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Bedrooms regularly cleaned, the bar is great, love the fishes in their tank! Staff there are helpful and friendly. The swimming pool is nice and private, if you wanted to go to the beach instead, its not far!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank L422
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Thanks for a great stay hotel mira, just what you need it's basic...but very clean, tidy and great shower. Would advise to take a plug in to ward the mosi's off...as it worked great for us. Smashing location and go to Davids place down the road - best restaurant in the area : ) xx Would definately stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank 632Julie
Surat, Gujarat, India
Reviewed 18 November 2013

walking distance from beach. superb hotel and nice staff.
all basic things you need is available.
clean room and pool.
it was a great experience to stay here.
i am defiantly gonna stay here on my next visit to Goa.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank DharmeshKukadiya
Bangalore, India
Reviewed 11 September 2013

just 200 mt from calangute beach.... awesome room , awesome service , nice and coordinating staff....only concern was limited options in food...but that was manageable many restro are nearby.....Bike are available in front of hotel.... i m just loving it...:)

Room Tip: room are just awesome
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple