“Better than the last 2 visits :-)”
Review of So My Resort

So My Resort
“Better than the last 2 visits :-)”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It's on the up! This was our 3rd time staying here and it was getting better than the previous time we stayed. The place is far cleaner and seems to be a bit more organised than the last time we stayed. It's complete value for money and the pool is it's best feature :-) you won't find a better pool in any of the other hotels round about :-) we've booked to go back in jan 2015 ! Highly recommend.......go book it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chimene M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Pune, India
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I had stayed there as my second hotel during my recent goa trip in April 2014. This was second stayed as I have already stayed here in my last trip…I booked a deluxe room online which was mentioned as pool facing…However I was given a room in the beginning block of the resort so the view wasn’t directly pool facing but the view was still good…I reached to the hotel around 10:00 am, the hotel has a check-in time of 14:00PM but they gave me a room at the same time…the room was prettily spacious and had a big living area with standard facilities like sofa chairs, 21” TV, a small fridge and mirror and table, bedroom was good too and had a big bed (two single beds were joined together actually), cabinet and AC. Both living and bedroom had a balcony.

I had complimentary breakfast added to my stay which I found very good and filling (They have 2 Indian options and various egg preparations). The resort is well managed however service was Little sluggish and slow… One night I thought of having dinner at the pool side, we were given the menus but after that no one was there for the orders…we waited for 30 min and finally left for some other place…another example is room service where you need to do several follow-ups for getting the things done like fresh towels…room cleaning …garbage collection…

However overall it has been a nice experience, the suites are pretty big and resort location is excellent and had option of all kinds nearby. Service is lil disappointing however does not matter a lot for shorter stays (2-4 days).

Room Tip: Go for deluxe room which are on the later blocks as you will have direct pool view from there.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank subodh_jai
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Resort is very good with nice swimming pool.Provide good food and service.Rooms are spacious and clean.One should definately visit SoMy resort when u r in Goa.My experience at so my resort was very nice. the place is neat and clean and the service is also great. The location of the resort is also is good. We had booked a villa for 12 people. the villa was very nice. and the price was very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
East Boldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at the Resort with Family and Friends..The Rooms were spacious and Clean.
The best part was .A Pure Vegetarian Restaurant in the Hotel,also the Multi Cuisine Pool side Restaurant Is good with Vast Menu Options.
The staff are friendly .
I will be Back again.
Thank you for make our Stay so Pleasent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank margaret1943120
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My experience at so my resort was very nice. the place is neat and clean and the service is also great. The location of the resort is also is good. We had booked a villa for 22 people. the villa was very nice. and the price was very nice.

Room Tip: the villa is good
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank darsh712
Leigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just returned from 14 night stay at the Somy.After a 27 hour delay we were just glad to finally get there.We stayed from 16th march till 31st.The hotel was ok room was ok we got one that had been newly decorated not much of a view though just a wall but we didnt sit out so this didnt matter.All the staff are really friendly will do anything for you nothing is to much trouble,room boys are really good if you give them your key they,ll clean everyday and change your beds and towels but we found every couple of days to be enough.The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to beach or just a few mins in a taxi and is in easy reach of plenty of bars restaurants and shops.We were on b&b basis but didnt go for breakfast much as only things on offer were toast and eggs .We went to candolim a few times to eat as there is live music in most of the restaurants most nights and if you just want to people watch go to titos lane in baga you can just sit and watch there crazy driving we loved it.

Room Tip: we stayed in room I-6 which was fine if you want a pool view which they call there premier rooms you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kazngaz09
Porthleven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed at the So my in late February and was pleasantly surprised on how nice it was for the money,
STAFF- they were all friendly and could not do enough for you, the room cleaners were polite and well mannered, the reception staff would bend over backwards to help, shame the breakfast team were blunt and more interested in watching telly than helping with breakfast.

HOTEL- The hotel was clean and tidy and has a great pool, the room had a fridge and telly and was very spacious, the pool facing rooms are the best as the rear facing rooms look over what can only be described as a rubbish tip. The rooms are cleaned daily if required and i can honestly say that the staff are trustworthy and never touched my belongings or money.

LOCATION- 10 minutes walk to the beach but there is a taxi rank outside the hotel and for a pound they will take you down to the beach. Loads of bars and restaurants within spitting distance, special mention to the Why Not bar, friendly staff and good food, Fire and Ice was great food and service and Lazy Days did a great breakfast and is spotlessly clean.

PLACES NOT TO MISS- Public bar, located about 500 meters up the road on the left from the main beach steps, get a drink on the way back to the hotel after a day on the beach, its very basic but good for people watching and you can flag down one of the many sellers and try the snacks and cakes, VERY CHEAP DRINKS!

Tito's lane for entertainment, try dunking your feet in the fish tanks, for £2 the fish swim up and nibble on your feet weird feeling but your feet fell great afterwards.

East meets West- what can i say apart from superb food, great service, clean and the staff and owner are extremely friendly. Go there for a special treat, the best restaurant in the whole of the region. I had the seafood platter (Lobster, various fishes and massive prawns) a starter, desert a bottle of wine, beer and 2 cocktail all for £20, it was fantastic.

The Night market on Saturdays is worth a visit, wonder around the stalls or stop and watch a act whilst trying one of the many varieties of food that is on offer.

Go to Apora market on Wednesday walk along to Baga and take the boat round for a pound, when you are bored of shopping you can relax in one of the beach bars.

Goa is a great holiday, good value for money and fantastic people, if you want 5 star you wont enjoy it but if you want to get a new experience every day and can see past the poverty there is nowhere better.

Room Tip: Ask for a Pool facing room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nick P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Lambana Resort
#23 of 113 in Calangute
Ancora Beach Resort
Ancora Beach Resort
#102 of 113 in Calangute

Been to So My Resort? Share your experiences!