“Excellent Budget Hotel..... I Suggest This Hotel to Everyone!”
Review of Dona Julia

Dona Julia
Ranked #12 of 224 Calangute B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I suggest everyone to visit hotel when you go along with families/couple. I always felt very safe in this location. and this is the budget hotel to stay in Goa, when i go with Family. This is one of the best hotel around calangute area with reasonable price.

1. Best Location with colorful rooms, Swimming pool
2. Nice Maintenance
3. Nice and Friendly Staff

I would like to come back here again and again when i visit GOA.....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Durga Vara Pras... N

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I wanted a budget hotel for Goa and going by the reviews, I went for Dona Julia and I wasn't disappointed. The hotel is in-expensive and great place to live in. The Calangute beach is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The swimming pool is clean and nice. The staff is really friendly and helpful and you can ask them anything about Goa and they will be happy to help.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank montylee83
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was the 1st visit to the said hotel.. the stay was for 4 nights, i had booked it online.. with no known visitor to this resort. and i had been there with my wife n daughter.

The management staff were co-operative , the lady at the reception, Dona ( madam wht they call in portugese language) Clitta was very helpful.

never let us felt, that we were visitors.. treated as a family member..

The rooms are the same which are seen in the pics online.. hence they were neat , clean n the best in budget hotels.

best part very close to the beach.. few changes have been suggested to the owner. hope thats taken due care b4 my nxt visit

my second visit with my parents is due to the resort..

Clitta n Dr.( owner) sorry forgot ur name.. ......... we are coming..

All d best guys n keep up the goood work..

Room Tip: if need silence around whn u wake up in the morning.. select deluxe rooms which are back side of the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

it was our first visit to Goa and we were a little apprehensive about the place we were going to stay. spent a week in Calangute (north Goa) and presently in the south. we chose Dona Julia after going through all their reviews. we did not regret this for a moment. its lush green with clean rooms. the staff is ever ready to help us.when my son was ill they were all there to help. the pool is on the smaller side but very clean. they have security round the clock and that is very comforting.
we plan to return to calangute for a few more days before we leave India and head back home. cheers Dona Julia team.

Room Tip: we stayed in the deluxe room which was very spacious over looking the garden. not sure about the oth...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

The room service is horrible I will suggest all coming to stay here Plz Plz don't make this mistake to stay here. Only Gud point is the location. There is no room service after 6. Pm. The standard rooms are very much better than the deluxe room coz standard rooms have a Gud swimming pool view and the deluxe room view has a garden view. I had booked the deluxe rooms which are costlier than the standard room, but after staying here for the 1st nite I shifted to standard room which are very much better than the deluxe room

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Sanjay L
Lloydsouza, Owner at Dona Julia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

This review has left me suspicious and puzzled. At Dona Julia we take these reviews very seriously and do our best to improve based on guest suggestions. You have mentioned your stay was horrible and the reason you have mentioned is that your room was garden view and not pool view. You do not have any complaints about the room by itself and infact even praised our location . so just because it has garden view is it fair to call it horrible? My deluxe rooms are the best rooms in the entire hotel and the actual pictures are put up on our website. Even 5 star properties cannot ensure all the rooms to be pool view. How is it even possible? I feel this comment is very irresponsible. our deluxe room are overlooking our lush green lawns and our childrens park.
Secondly you mentioned about room service. Let me clarify a few things. First of all even though we are a budget property we do our very best in providing service to our valuable guest. Ours is one of the very few budget hotels in calangute that offers 24 hour receptionist , restaurant with room service from 8.30 am to 10.30 pm and house keeping from 9 am to 6.pm. besides that we have room assistance round the clock for any other assistance needed.
Hence this comment has left me puzzled. The intention is doubtful and made will ill intent. It would be really helpful if you had mentioned details. Kindly do so on my email lloyd@donajulia.in as we would do our best to improve as at Dona Julia we are always learning and improving. Regards , Lloyd

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Been here with my family from 11th - 17th Oct, 2013. Its a very good resort that makes you feel at home. The staff are very co-operative and friendly. The greatest part of this resort is its swimming pool, which though not very big but is well mantained. Being very close to Calangute beach, yet nestled in an serene environment, far from the hustling and bustling crowd, it is an ideal resort for a perfect family vacation. Will definitely like to come here over and over again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Abhro1967
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Dona Julia is a very good Resort for pleasant stay and it is very near to calangute beach (5 mints walking distance). Resort is centrally located so every necessary thing is easily available like eateries, shops, public transport etc. Resort staff is very kind and cooperative. swimming pool facility in resort adds more fun....Enjoyed my stay when i visited goa in Oct'13....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family