“Do not stay here”
Review of Sharanam Green

Sharanam Green
Ranked #81 of 124 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

Needed a hotel for one night in Goa as the hotel we were staying at didn't have immediate availability. Figured 3.5 star rating on TripAdvisor would be fine, but I was wrong.

- Ants everywhere on the walls and in the bathroom.
- Sheets and towels were well worn with questionable levels cleanliness.
- No pillows in the room, 3 attempts with the front desk and housekeeping to get them.

There are MUCH better places to stay in Goa for a similar price, avoid Sharanam Green.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank rtwsarah

Reviewed 17 March 2013

This was the most horrific place I have ever stayed - and I have done my fair share of backpacking around the world, in some pretty dingy and unsafe places. Admittedly, my friends and I were looking for cheap accommodation (due to two of us being students and the other two planning to travel for 3 months) - but what we paid at these rooms did not justify what we received. Nothing could.

The rooms were extremely dirty - as in, there were BLOOD stains on the walls and the sheets! I could not believe it! Nothing had been cleaned before we got there, and nothing was cleaned whilst we were there. I rang and reported the dirty sheets, and when we returned to our room, the dark marks had simply been sponged.

There were hazards all over the place - from the loose-wired powerpoints, to the broken toilet seat, to the un-fenced, extremely dirty "pool". The balcony doors did not shut properly, meaning we couldn't shut out any noise, heat or mosquito's.

When we first arrived, we took one look at the rooms and immediately tried to find something else. We were informed that we would not get our money back, even though we pleaded. We rang the booking agent in Mumbai and he would not help us either. Everyone was extremely rude, and would not even pretend to be accommodating. We tried to find other accommodation (that's how desperate we were to find something else - we were willing to lose our money on this, and pay for something else), however everything was booked out due to the Goa festival (we stayed for four days from February 17th until February 20th, 2012 - I am only writing this review a year later, as I had wanted to block the memory of the stay. However, I feel that I need to do all I can to let others know how terrible a place this hotel really is).

In the end we had to grin and bear it, miserably. One of our members ended up being extremely sick, a condition which I am sure was exasperated by the conditions she was staying in.

The experience was so bad, that in the end two of our party ended up cutting the trip short and heading home just shortly after we left Calangute (one of whom had planned to stay in India for a good 3 months, the other who was ill).

We went to India expecting an adventure, and whilst we knew that travelling in India could be hard and eye-opening, it was the experience with this hotel that left us with a very bad taste in our mouths. Two of the party were able to shut the memories of this hotel out, and experience the beauty of India, but two did not, and I believe that the terrible conditions at Sharanam Green contributed to this. I have read the other reviews that praise the hotel here in shock - I would strongly suggest TripAdvisor check these reviewers, as they most definitely could not have stayed at the same hotel as we did. Blood on the sheets and walls for crying out loud! How is that allowed?!

A shocking, shocking hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I booked some other hotel thru Expedia but they canceled it and then offered me this Hotel. So I was little concerened if this property was right. This property is located on main Calangute-Candolim Road, very near to Beach and Market.

I must say I was impressed with 1st look at Hotel site and liked the way they have it a Green theme - Pure Veg Hotel with Restra.

With good Balcony and view to Pool, made it almost perfect stay.

I like this hotel, maybe actual price are little over, but I got this Hotel in exchange so didn't find it costly as Expedia beared the difference amount :).

Room Tip: Prefer only Pool side, 1st or 2nd Floor rooms...:)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SumitTraveller
Reviewed 14 February 2013

--------
1. Good VEG Food
2. Location - 10 min walk to beach. On main road you can get all necessary things.
3. Staff is co-operative & polite
4. Quick sevice 5. Room was quite big with king size bed and balcony.

DISLIKE
--------------
1. Room was not very clean. There were so many Ant in the room which spoiled our food.
2. Very small swimming pool & no baby pool
3. If you get Garden view (actually there is no garden there) lots of Generator noice coming from outside.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank KENILDOSHI
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at Sharanam Green Resort in mid Jan 2013. We occupied a AC deluxe room for tariff Rs. 3000/day(inclusive of all taxes). Deluxe rooms are spacious and comfortable. Resort is of medium size, but neat and clean. Staff is courteous and helpful.

Restaurant - its offers variety of veg food. Its little pricey, but its very good. Service is decent. Other alternatives are - Eat Street@Calungute Towers, Tropica 24*7 etc.

Overall, its very good and value for money. It may not be the best resort at this tariff(3000 inclusive of all taxes) in Calungute/Baga area. Other options you can explore are - Kingstork etc.
But, you won't be disappointed after staying here.

Room Tip: Opt for pool facings rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RahulParmar
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Like another reviewer said, looks good from the outside. Inside it is filthy, blood stained sheets and walls, with the floors sink and toilet seat given a quick wipe, nothing else in the room has ever been cleaned. Sheets full of brown stains, sun tan oil stains, and blood stains, balcony floor and chairs were filthy, and walls were beyond disgusting...made it difficult to relax at all. A/C broke every 5 minutes which would not have been a problem except it was the only way to keep the mosquitos from coming in through the open windows and broken balcony door. Breakfast is served to you in the pool storage room, no tables, just a few plastic stools, and disgusting food, disgusting tea (really how do you mess up tea?) TOTAL rip off.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2012

We haven't stay in Sharanam Green Resort, during our Goa Visit, but we really enjoyed our lunch over there, which was really good. Their service was really good. We got all the South as well as North Vegetarian food ( we were 50 people) within short time. The restaurant is small and it was the only difficult for our team as some people could wait for next batch to have lunch due to lack of space. But it is not their fault.

we didn't stay there. So no commends for rooms and other facilities.

I will recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Food is really good.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends