Sharanam Green
US$48
US$46
Citrus Goa(Calangute)
US$75
Estrela Do Mar Beach Resort(Calangute)
US$58
Priceline
US$26
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsgreen resortpure veg restaurantbeaches areaac workingcalangute beachexcellent hotelbudget hotelrecommend this hotelmain roadvalue for moneycourteous staffprime locationfront officepleasant staystayed for nightsambienceofcourse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is the second time we have stayed. Overall standards have slipped a bit. We had a safe in the room last year and could not get one this year as we were told they don't have them. Each day they would forget either to leave new towels or toliet roll. The location of the hotel is really good and the fact that it has Wifi. Overall the place needs a lick of paint and the pool can be in need of a clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Let me start by saying never ever ever stay at this hotel. Its d crappiest hotel we have ever stayed at. Me, my husband, our daughter (21 months), brother and friend planned goa trip. My husband is from London and my daughter is a British citizen too. We was looking at booking rooms/hotel that would be clean, hygienic, friendly and helpful. After doing a lot of searching we found Sharanam hotel as we wanted to be close to the beach. When searching Sharanam said they are only 500/800m away from the beach which is a pure lie, I really dont know how they measured that. We had to walk miles to get to the beach and then ended up hiring a bike coz it gets difficult to walk with a baby. Also while booking we thought we got a good deal. For me, my husband and baby we paid 20 pounds per night from 23.03.14 to 30.03.14 and for my brother we paid 18 pounds per night from 27.03.14 to 30.03.14 all incl breakfast. The morning we got there we were shocked. Only the Sharanam board outside the hotel looks clean and new. Inside is dirty, stinking and so unhygenic. We were early the morning we was suppose to check in and they said we could eat at their restaurant as we was going to check out early on 30.03.14, the breakfast was not what I thought of and too oily. I can understand its a veg resto but veg food too has different things that can be eaten during breakfast. Wasnt happy at all. Hence I ended up eating breakfast twice at the place, my husband once and our baby ate nothing at all. N we had paid for 8 days. We went out to get some decent food. Also the common toilet was filth thank god I was carrying my own toilet roll. Then they decided to give us a room to freshen up coz we was early and there were no rooms empty to accomodate us. Hence we went in this room that was dirty and not cleaned. We was told when getting in that room that once people have checked out and rooms are cleaned and ready we'll be moved to a different room. I was promised the same by the reception guy. after waiting till afternoon I called them to ask whats happening bout moving us to a clean room and the guy said ma'am we dont have any rooms empty and wont have any today.That room is good and stay there and its facing the pool. I was so upset coz it was a promise broken. We stayed in the dirty room until the cleaning guys decided to turn up and clean the room. I had to keep phoning to ask for something or the other that was not there or needed. The sheets are absolute filth so are the covers. The towels have got stains imagine u gotta use a towel that has been used and washed and yet dirty. I said to the cleaning boys I wanted everything clean however the guys said the stains wont come off and all the sheets,covers n towels are the same. The cleaning guys look like they are in a rush to clean and run. Hence even after they cleaned the rooms still smelled and looked dirty. The bathroom door was rotten and broken everytime someone went to have shower they water came out. Plug sockets are loose and dangerous. Lights kept going off. Pool is dirty and smelly. Staff is unfriendly. You'd be lucky if any of the staff smiled and served u. The owner is the same means money and rest everyone can go to hell. Our last day we went to pay room service charge and it was Rs.1970 so we gave the guy Rs.2000 and he turned back saying he has not got Rs.30 change. We was so upset with our overall exp that we din want to leave that Rs.30 so we said we want it back and all of a sudden he produced Rs.30. The clearance box never got cleaned while we was there. I would like to finish by saying you'd get better hotels and service the price they ask for. Its a complete rip off and please please dont stay at this hotel. And the good reviews you see are being put by the staff themselves. Sorry for this essay but we are so disappointed had to write this.

3  Thank Sucheta B
SharanamGreenResort, Manager at Sharanam Green, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

We regret to read a review by a Guest and are incumbent to clarify this inadvertently who has enjoyed our hospitality for 7 days from 23 march 2014 till 30 march 2014 with no complaints whatsoever as alleged in the review .
Further , the complaints posted were not being brought to the notice of any managers neither front office nor General manager .We would also like to mention that its the policy of the management to display the cell phone no of the manager in the room for complaints and/or emergency services required by the guests.
We were pleased to receive the brother of the same guest who checked in on 27 march 2014 and stayed thru 30 march 2014 without any complaints.
A photograph of neatly accumulated garbage (empty wafer packets and bottled drinking water) being swept out of the adjacent room during the clearing process by the housekeeping personal , pursuant to which it does not quantify to state the Hotel being dirty or unhygienic.
It is also brought to our notice that the front office manager was in interaction with the guest throughout these days and not once did the guest address any of the concerns as alleged in the review .

Reviewed 27 March 2014

we got booked one room thru yatra.com and we stayed there for 5 night 22March to 27 march 2014,Room service is very poor,Rooms are not clean,red ants are every where.Food is very costly..It is better to stay away from this so called veg resort...

4  Thank Arvind531
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Considering the price they charged for the room, it wasnt worth staying here. Rooms were average. We didnt get our room at the check in time and had to wait for 2 hours. Complimentary breakfast is average. Nothing great about it. Pool was also not clean. I will not stay in this hotel. One can get better hotels in the same price. Travelled in first week of February, 2014.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rahul_S_157
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Unprofessional Poorly Managed Hotel. certainly not for overseas/ even Indian visitors.
I got a room where the AC , bathroom lights and the Geyser was all controlled by one switch only.
What a combination you get in Winter .... take a hot water bath and get into a AC chilled room.
Or in the night want to visit the bath room, put the AC and the geyser on along with the bathroom lights The hotel management is fully aware of this , but donot have the attitude to correct this .
YOU ARE MOST LIKELY TO GET SUCH A ROOM N THE PRETEXT THAT " HOTEL IS FULL "

Rooms are not clean, toilets are stinking, paints peeling at many places, room Furniture missing.
It is misleading reviews that you read from people that " it has a pure veg restaurant , the only one in Goa " Vegetarian food is available at most of the restaurants and there are three restaurants on that road which are " pure vegetarian restaurants "

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are noisy avoid taking room 202 which is next to the AC /Kitchen exhaust
3  Thank Pranaballav