“nice resort in budget”
Review of Sharanam Green

Sharanam Green
Ranked #80 of 122 Hotels in Calangute
Reviewed 20 June 2014

hi dr pratik from valsad ,gujarat. its a very nice resort.we went to goa for honeymoon,and they made it memorable.its on main road easy for transport.major beaches are on walking distance.you can hire two wheelers at affordable price in front of the hotel.security(with natthurm's mustache!!) is very helpful to find a vehicle,guide the places,in all the ways.resort have small but clean swimming pool,dnt forget to dive in..they have in house pure veg restaurant.we had taken a breafast for five days and they have very good menu.lunch and dinner i suggest to take anywhere else(sai sagar restaurant 5 min walk frm resort).staff is helpful on last day they help me to get in bus in condtions of taxi strike.definately visit it once again when come to goa..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank drpratik

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had been there with me wife and the hetel stay was amazing the hotel staff is very good and helpful. The rooms are quite decent and designed with nice green nature theme. We had been there for two night and during our stay we enjoyed the quality time food was amazing and the hotel is very hygenic. The hotel staff even helped us with arranging the transportation. Overall a good and peaceful place to stay. Its near to Calangute beach.

Thanks for the amazing service.

Room Tip: Rooms which are garden facing have better location.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Hi; Madhu (Mumbai).
Its nice hotel highway touch nearby beaches. we spend 3 days happily.the staff is very helpful .they provide welcome drink on arrival. Zaika restaurant inside the hotel provide nice food

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Madhu M
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I went to this hotel seeing photos published in online portals. In reality these photos were taken about 7 years back and they have no shame to tell the same. All balconies are fenced using Iron and due to corrosive nature, most of them are rusted.

Pool is not child friendly and attached restaurant cannot be termed as "Value for Money".

Room Tip: Does not have anything for kids and hence not meant for family stay. Very near to Calangute beach. C...
1  Thank Sripal B
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is the second time we have stayed. Overall standards have slipped a bit. We had a safe in the room last year and could not get one this year as we were told they don't have them. Each day they would forget either to leave new towels or toliet roll. The location of the hotel is really good and the fact that it has Wifi. Overall the place needs a lick of paint and the pool can be in need of a clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Let me start by saying never ever ever stay at this hotel. Its d crappiest hotel we have ever stayed at. Me, my husband, our daughter (21 months), brother and friend planned goa trip. My husband is from London and my daughter is a British citizen too. We was looking at booking rooms/hotel that would be clean, hygienic, friendly and helpful. After doing a lot of searching we found Sharanam hotel as we wanted to be close to the beach. When searching Sharanam said they are only 500/800m away from the beach which is a pure lie, I really dont know how they measured that. We had to walk miles to get to the beach and then ended up hiring a bike coz it gets difficult to walk with a baby. Also while booking we thought we got a good deal. For me, my husband and baby we paid 20 pounds per night from 23.03.14 to 30.03.14 and for my brother we paid 18 pounds per night from 27.03.14 to 30.03.14 all incl breakfast. The morning we got there we were shocked. Only the Sharanam board outside the hotel looks clean and new. Inside is dirty, stinking and so unhygenic. We were early the morning we was suppose to check in and they said we could eat at their restaurant as we was going to check out early on 30.03.14, the breakfast was not what I thought of and too oily. I can understand its a veg resto but veg food too has different things that can be eaten during breakfast. Wasnt happy at all. Hence I ended up eating breakfast twice at the place, my husband once and our baby ate nothing at all. N we had paid for 8 days. We went out to get some decent food. Also the common toilet was filth thank god I was carrying my own toilet roll. Then they decided to give us a room to freshen up coz we was early and there were no rooms empty to accomodate us. Hence we went in this room that was dirty and not cleaned. We was told when getting in that room that once people have checked out and rooms are cleaned and ready we'll be moved to a different room. I was promised the same by the reception guy. after waiting till afternoon I called them to ask whats happening bout moving us to a clean room and the guy said ma'am we dont have any rooms empty and wont have any today.That room is good and stay there and its facing the pool. I was so upset coz it was a promise broken. We stayed in the dirty room until the cleaning guys decided to turn up and clean the room. I had to keep phoning to ask for something or the other that was not there or needed. The sheets are absolute filth so are the covers. The towels have got stains imagine u gotta use a towel that has been used and washed and yet dirty. I said to the cleaning boys I wanted everything clean however the guys said the stains wont come off and all the sheets,covers n towels are the same. The cleaning guys look like they are in a rush to clean and run. Hence even after they cleaned the rooms still smelled and looked dirty. The bathroom door was rotten and broken everytime someone went to have shower they water came out. Plug sockets are loose and dangerous. Lights kept going off. Pool is dirty and smelly. Staff is unfriendly. You'd be lucky if any of the staff smiled and served u. The owner is the same means money and rest everyone can go to hell. Our last day we went to pay room service charge and it was Rs.1970 so we gave the guy Rs.2000 and he turned back saying he has not got Rs.30 change. We was so upset with our overall exp that we din want to leave that Rs.30 so we said we want it back and all of a sudden he produced Rs.30. The clearance box never got cleaned while we was there. I would like to finish by saying you'd get better hotels and service the price they ask for. Its a complete rip off and please please dont stay at this hotel. And the good reviews you see are being put by the staff themselves. Sorry for this essay but we are so disappointed had to write this.

3  Thank Sucheta B
SharanamGreenResort, Manager at Sharanam Green, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

We regret to read a review by a Guest and are incumbent to clarify this inadvertently who has enjoyed our hospitality for 7 days from 23 march 2014 till 30 march 2014 with no complaints whatsoever as alleged in the review .
Further , the complaints posted were not being brought to the notice of any managers neither front office nor General manager .We would also like to mention that its the policy of the management to display the cell phone no of the manager in the room for complaints and/or emergency services required by the guests.
We were pleased to receive the brother of the same guest who checked in on 27 march 2014 and stayed thru 30 march 2014 without any complaints.
A photograph of neatly accumulated garbage (empty wafer packets and bottled drinking water) being swept out of the adjacent room during the clearing process by the housekeeping personal , pursuant to which it does not quantify to state the Hotel being dirty or unhygienic.
It is also brought to our notice that the front office manager was in interaction with the guest throughout these days and not once did the guest address any of the concerns as alleged in the review .

Reviewed 27 March 2014

we got booked one room thru yatra.com and we stayed there for 5 night 22March to 27 march 2014,Room service is very poor,Rooms are not clean,red ants are every where.Food is very costly..It is better to stay away from this so called veg resort...

4  Thank Arvind531