“Just back again”

Ranked #23 of 113 Hotels in Calangute
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“Just back again”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just back from another fabulous holiday at Santiago, what more can I say had an absolutely wonderful time, in fact booked for November this year and March next year, already counting the weeks to when we go back, my Daughter is going with me in November she has never been before, can't wait for her to meet all the brilliant staff at hotel from the Manager to the room boys, their are all great and really look after you, if you want a really good holiday then try the Santiago, everyone I have met there always go back time and again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

“Value for money”
Reviewed yesterday NEW
Just returned from two weeks staying at this hotel and we certainly thought it was value for money.

Room. We were in room 115 ground floor and it faced the pool. Basic accommodation. Clean.Small fridge, kettle and sink. Bed comfy. Air conditioning very noisy but effective. Ceiling fan in both rooms worked well. Electric cut out quite often and we reckoned it woke us at night as the generator kicked in and the air con started up again. Bathroom adequate......sometimes there was no hot water which we weren't impressed with.

House keeping. Room cleaned every day. Towels and sheets changed every other day. Staff very cheerful and often left us a towel sculpture.

Pool. Small pool with room for about twelve sun beds. Need to be on the ball to get a sun bed so get there for 9am...also some areas are in the shade by 2pm.
For others who like the shade all day there are no parasols.

Eating at Santiago. We were all inclusive and enjoyed all our meals.....We found the staff at breakfast helpful and would cook most things you asked for. Lunch was sometimes a buffet and other times a menu put out on a board. Always plenty of choice. In the afternoon you could have sandwiches, other savouries and cake. Drinks were available from 11am to 11pm. Dinner was always good again with plenty of choice.

The Staff......nothing was too much trouble...they made a point of remembering your names from the very first day......sadly we cannot remember all their names but suffice to say that all of them were wonderful.

The beach.......lots of shacks to choose from where you get sun beds and again very pleasant and cheerful staff. It took us fifteen minutes to walk to the beach and the main road can be very busy. There were areas that were quite dirty and lots of rubbish but once on the beach was worth it. The sea was warm but has a strong current...certainly not suitable for young children. I am a strong swimmer and I got pulled under by huge waves. The beach sellers can be a bit of a pain but you soon get used to pretending to be asleep or just saying "no thanks". There are some amazing bargains to be had though. Fruit sellers are well worth buying off.....delicious freshly cut up pineapple for equivalent 70p well worth it.

Goa.....this was an amazing experience for us and are glad we went but if we ever went again would perhaps go to South Goa where it is less touristy.

BIG TIP......steer clear of the ice cream....apparently our delicate British stomachs don't cope with it very well...as I found to my cost. However whilst I was ill all the staff were so concerned and happy to make me whatever I wanted to eat.

Cost......everything in Goa is very cheap.....

Room Tip: Go for a pool facing room if you can.
Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janeywaneyk
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

this hotel is good for 1st time in goa over priced but good. the staff are good but you have to watch the room boys as they ask you for money before you finish your stay I didn't pay them & they didn't clean our room the next day I had to complain then they kept it clean for the rest of our stay.the food is good apart from buffy night the drinks are not watered down like a lot off all inclusive we have stayed in in goa you don't need all inclusive as there are many bars & restaurants every where and about £12-£20 including drinks per couple I would not stay here again I stay for 4 week I entertained there guest with magic trick all the time and when it came to the last day they needed you out of the room at 10 then the manager said we could have it till 2 but we had all ready book in the guest house across the lane for £15 the rooms were 3 times better. if I went all inclusive again I would stay at the whispering palms canderlim

Room Tip: all the room are basic but over looking the pool would be a good option
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Lovely pool, great balcony. Perfect location and not far from Tito's Lane. Very close to the beach. Room was spacious, but could be nicer furnished.

Food wasn't great, small in portion size.

Our concierge was useless as he told us it was certain we could stay an extra night, but when it came to it, he said we weren't allowed to stay about 3 hours before check out.

Overall not bad, apart from the 'help' at the desk.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SEnglish2014
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Cheap and tacky! The area is lit brightly which shines into bedrooms at night! Air con and fans in rooms are loud when trying to sleep! Says it has a storage locker which I wanted to use as I left the hotel at 8am, they said they couldn't do anything until 9am. If you pay for something they never have the right change! Wifi is very overpriced considering everywhere else in North Goa has free wifi! People are allowed to hang out by pool making lots of noise until early hours if the morning and when I requested the reception to ask them to be quiet as I had a flight in 4 hours the noise continued when i called the second time they said they didn't say anything the first time! Food is overpriced! The welcome information in bedrooms is very out dated, saying they offer room service when they didn't, plus many other errors! No chance to get a sunbed if you get to the pool after 9, as people just leave towels on them all day! I've had better experiences staying in hostels! I would only think this hotel is acceptable if they were charging half the price they were!

• Stayed April 2014
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 April 2014

i had stayed at santiago resort with my family. The breakfast in the morning was very delicious & upto mark. The hotel staff was very cooperative and helpfull. The swimmjng pool and its area was also very lively and facscinting. We with my whole family enjoyed every moment of the stay at the hotel. Worth visiting.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sanjay s
midlands uk
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here between 14 & 29 March 2014, we arrived at 4am and was shown our room which was very basic but fit for purpose.
The staff could not have been more helpful and they really know how to look after you, a big thank you to Pritesh and David who made our stay memorable. The beach is only a 5 minute walk and the fool shacks are really good value for money, soft drinks 60 pence a bottle as is beer. Food is very reasonable in price a three course meal with drinks for 2 cost less than £15, fire and ice have some great food, the steak and lobster are excellent.
Tamoshi restobar also provides excellent food, curry and drinks for 2 less than £10. The food is really fresh and the taste beats any Indian food we have had in the UK. We will be going back. For those who feel all inclusive is the best way to go you may need to think again, it would be almost impossible to spend the money you pay for all inclusive on food.
The only draw back to the hotel is the generator, at times the electric power goes very briefly and the generator kicks in, if this happens during the night it is noisy.

• Stayed March 2014