“Below Average and under renovation - Avoid!!!”
Review of The Ronil Royale

The Ronil Royale
Ranked #36 of 110 Hotels in Calangute
Bangalore
“Below Average and under renovation - Avoid!!!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is one of the oldest hotels and was good at some point of time. However now it is under renovation. As a honest hotel management, they are supposed stop taking guests, when renovation is in progress.
but they did not, so the effects are, Staffs are busy with renovation people. Water stops at time. Swimming pool not working. mosquito mats are missing. so it was a total mess. the receptionist was a angry guy to ask anything for!

the only relief was the room service manager who helped us on few things.

If you are single , it may not be a big deal, but if you are family with kids, carefully avoid this hotel. we all were sick once back from this hotel and had to spend much more than the tariff to doctors.

Location is one plus - 1 km from baga

Avoid during this season if you have another choice.

Room Tip: never choose ground floor or you will suffocate.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rajivrajan1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Gaya, India
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

It didn't took me a minute to realize that a graveyard would be a better place than this hotel. We got confused with keys resort ronils and made a booking. Staff doesn't know anything about hotel management. I stayed dere for 5N but no one bothered to change the water jug and pair of glass in my room, wen asked dey showed a "yeah-yeah" attitude. Not going to stay again even if its free. Pathetic nother duckers.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LovingsAm
delhi
Reviewed 5 September 2013

i stayed at this hotel for two days in august 2013 with my two friends.hotel is just ok type with small swimming pool. baga beach is just five minute walking distance from hotel.morning breakfat was included in room rent was limited to two butter toast and tea/coffe.bathroom was not clean tv was not working and construction work was going on.it seems this hotel was used to be a big resort few years back and now it has divided in two parts keys ronil and royal ronil.location is good.

Room Tip: choose pool facing rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I came here with my 13 year old granddaughter for 3 weeks and we both had an amazing time. I had already of been to Goa 6 times before but unlike my granddaughter it was her very first time visiting Goa but within the first week she fell in love and didn't want to go home.

Hotel was very clean, staff where all very nice and made us feel welcome and like family, food was great although we only ate from there once or twice and our room was great too, I picked a perfect place to go can't think of anywhere better.

The beach was not too far and me and my granddaughter walked their everyday and walked home again when it was time to go and get ready for tea time. It took us about 15 to 20 minutes walking but we didn't mind one bit as we where not just keeping fit we where getting a tan at the same time.

The hotel was amazing and the location is too, this is a great place to go on Holiday and I hope this review has helped you. If you're looking to go here or looking to go on holiday, come here because it is truly amazing trust me.

Thank you so much for reading, have a nice day.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank JMcJones
Delhi
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Location : Ummm....er.... this is Goa we're talking about. Throw a pebble into the air and it will land on a hotel or a home stay. So I would much rather go to a place that has a beach within walking distance. And a place that has access to many other food joints - especially seafood! This resort is located a little away from the beach, and is also a tad difficult to locate if your driver is not a local guy. Also, if you do not have a car, going to any other food joint is impossible, and you are pretty much at the mercy of the hotel chefs (more on that later).

Rooms : Well, lets just say that the first room that was given to me, I was aghast, and after a few threats, I was shown another room, in a similarly sad state, but cleaner. The place looked like the owner was just milking the resort without actually investing anything back. Once upon a time the resort would have been a pretty place, with rooms and balconies that overlooked the pool. But today, it needs renovation, and prayers.

Service : After 11 pm and before 7.30 am, don't expect your phone calls to the reception to be picked up. And God forbid if you need an early breakfast - in the words of the service staff, "The breakfast starts at 7.30 am. And 7.30 means 7.30." (complete with crossed arms and grumpy face). A sucker for trouble, I decide to see if "7.30 means 7.30..." And guess what - 7.45 am and the chef walks in whistling a tune, hands in his pocket, unaware of the smoke coming out of my ears!

At the reception, I thought I'd pour my woes out to the grandfatherly Front Office Executive, and he simply said, "Whatever you want to say, you can write in this remarks book." Yeah right! As if the report would reach the right person! In fact, as if the 'right person' cared!!

Facilities : The pool was clean. The washroom was clean. (in need for maintenance, but clean). Don't expect fluffy towels and feather soft beds - these are worn out too. Clean, yes. No toiletries to boast of. Luckily I carry my own.... the ones kept in the washroom were not in any sense of the word, appealing.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank msnDelhi
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed here over Xmas and New Year 2012. It was the ideal base for our holiday. A small well staffed hotel, rooms cleaned and sheets/towels changed every day. Food fine, staff all very nice but best of all is the location and price. Ideally placed for walking to the beach with direct access to the busy road outside for evening restaurants and entertainment. However, being in one of the rear blocks (overlooking the pool) we were never troubled by street noise. Although basic, this hotel had everything we could want (other than wifi access) for a very cheap price. Although rarely watched, we even had a TV with about a hundred channels, many of which were English.
We had a fantastic three weeks and can recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a small, basic, but well located hotel at a fraction of the price for others in the same area.
many, Many thanks.

Room Tip: Don't be frightened to voice concerns. Our first night was spent on an awful mattress. The follo...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Bangalore
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Beautiful resort in one word. .. very close the the famous Baga beach. this was my 2nd stay in this resort and i must say it has only improved in all the way.However one need to book this resort in advance in you are planning to travel in the peak season. we all just loved the buffet breakfast that comes complimentary with the stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calangute
Tangerine Resort
#7 of 110 in Calangute
Ondas do Mar Beach Resort
Ondas do Mar Beach Resort
#38 of 110 in Calangute

Been to The Ronil Royale? Share your experiences!