I write this review sitting at their poolside on my last day. They have a wonderful setup and cottage built, so what if you have been misled by the photographs of the winter green cottages on the website. That's not what my gripe is. The trouble starts with
1. Breakfast, cold and repeated every second day. They don't even have basic fruits to serve. If you ask then for something that isn't laid out, the best they will do it omelettes. If they do have a chef (for a property with this brand name, they should) then he is highly incompetent or totally unconcerned. The milk was found stale today and checked by their staff too. Moving on...
2. Other than the chairs and one table, most of the stuff around their swimming pool is unusable and never been cleaned. So it can take a maximum of 6 people compared to hosting abilities at their property for 30 people plus, I presume
3. The bar, there is one next to the restaurant which doesn't have anything of the cocktails from the menu. The wines, feni, beers wee not available. (Re with bartender, Friday 16th August). When they finally found a wine bottle, the poor fellows couldn't open it so we had to do it on our own
4. Whilst the housekeeping staff are courteous and helpful, what messes it up is the stay and the way the structure is. We stayed at cottage 115 and there is no lighting provision at night outside. Feel free to slip and hurt yourself. There is also a good solid mini step where you are found to have one mishap.
How much they care about customer experience can be a simply judged by the torn sofa at their reception. I say this having stayed at other fern properties before and knowing people who have utilised their top end ones too, including
girnar in Gujarat. This one though is a mess. They do not deviate from structure to help out.
5. I am certain they have their positives and people might love this place but this is a representation of our stay alone. The end of a 10 day holiday with 4 days in palolem couldn't be ruined by fern gardenia but they insisted on not being up to the mark, especially when one has paid almost 3500 a day a room in off season
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fern Gardenia Resort is a unique Eco - Sensitive Resort at Palolem beach in South Goa. Apart from being the only hotel in Palolem with a Swimming Pool & Pool Bar, the hotel aims at providing Luxury accommodations to the budget sensitive travelers, which is a first for Palolem beach. Located 1KM from Palolem Beach in South Goa’s Canacona district. About 60kms from the Airport, 2kms from the Canacona Railway Station and 30kms from Margao.The Palolem beach, also known as Paradise beach is one of the most picturesque beaches in Goa with crystal clear waters and white sand. This beach has fast become the best alternative to the crowded beaches of North Goa.As of now, accommodations in Palolem were restricted only to the shanty coco huts or guest houses along the beach belt or to the only expensive Star hotel in Canacona which is way beyond the reach of many. The Fern Gardenia is the only hotel in its category which sports all the comforts and amenities of a Luxury hotel but fits in the budget of the average traveler visiting Palolem and Agonda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Fern Gardenia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fern Gardenia Hotel Canacona
- The Fern Gardenia Resort Goa, India