“Cola Beach through Johns Boat Tours March 2012”
Review of Cola Beach

Cola Beach
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in Canacona
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We had wanted to visit Agonda during our holiday to Goa this year but the taxi prices we were getting quoted were just too high. We decided to look for an organised trip that combined travel and accommodation and chose to look at Johns as we had already done the house boat trip with the company and been impressed. We had two options beach huts at Paloem or tents at Cola. We went for Cola because it looked pretty and the tents looked interesting. We paid 2750rps each (including travel, tent and 3 meals).

We were picked up from our hotel in Arpora and travelled by jeep to Candolim and then transferred onto a minibus with one other couple. The minibus was boiling and we sat right at the back as I do not travel well; the journey did not seem too bad as there was plenty to see.

On arrival at Cola beach we saw some monkeys. We were told to make our own way down to the beach the driver did not come, which we did. The beach and the waves were breathtaking. I was very hungry it was 12pm and I had not dared to eat anything before we set off due to my travel sickness. We were told that out tents were just being cleaned but not given any other information we just got some beers in. We were not given any information so although we knew lunch was included we were not sure if it was a set lunch or not. We found out that we could order whatever we wanted so I had a Greek salad and the OH had chicken noodles; I fancied something light as knew it would be a spicy tea.

After lunch we went walking on the beach and playing in the sand; it’s a lovely beach and there seems to be three separate camps spread out along it. Our camp was the middle one and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the tent had its own bathroom I thought I would have been trailing miles in the middle of the night. There was man there with a lovely dog de Bordeux that was having life playing in the water. There was a lake bit that formed when the sea comes in and there were fish swimming around out feet. There was a big black and yellow spider in the tent, which had to vacate.

In the evening we sat to watch the sunset but unfortunately it was cloudy but still enjoyable as I find the sound of waves crashing very relaxing. We were kept amused watching two young couples on the beach taking photographs of each other; it was like a proper photo shoot with poses, props and everything. I tried some similar poses later in the evening after a few vodkas but alas just looked like a deranged animal. The drinks were good measures and good prices to say that the place had a captive audience. I’ve got to say maybe I wouldn’t want to do it everyday but I quite enjoyed my cold shower washing my hair with a jug and my hair felt the softest it had all holiday.

We found out that for the evening meal they sometimes do a BBQ but there were not enough people for this so we were allowed to choose whatever we wanted off the menu instead. We decided to eat in the undercover bar overlooking the sea but you can eat outside your own tent if you want. We ordered some vegetable pakoras to share and passed on the waited trying to persuade us to order spring rolls as well; it was a good job as it was a huge portion and they were really tasty. We then had chicken handi, this was quite creamy, which I do not usually like but it was lovely, half a tandoori chicken, aloo gobi, boiled rice, garlic naan and a spicy paratha; all the food was lovely and what a feast but we battled through and did a good job of demolishing it. We took a couple of drinks and sat outside our tent with them. There is a fan in the room but it is still very hot during the night. OH sleeps through but I wake up a couple of times during the night thankful not to be reliving a scene from I’m a celebrity.

I got up to watch the sunrise but it was still a bit cloudy so I went back to bed. We went for an early morning walk on the beach. For breakfast again we were allowed to choose whatever we wanted off the menu; I only had a bit as I do not travel well. After breakfast we went for another walk on the beach collect some lovely shells and see some butterflies.

I am quite fit and do a lot of exercise at home but the walk back up to where the taxi picks you up is a killer in that heat. The journey back was horrid but for once the OH was greener than me.

I really enjoyed stopping overnight at Cola beach and found it very relaxing.

3  Thank YorkshireKing1
There are newer reviews for Cola Beach

Reviewed 6 April 2012

My 3rd day at Kolla beach & i can say truly serene. Highly recommended to couples & solo travelers. You would need directions though

2  Thank Trent S
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed for one night. The staff, food and tents we perfect. so romantic and secluded. The beach was great too, spotless. Would recommend!!!

2  Thank katiemuka33
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Beautiful place the laggon is amazing and the beach is stuuning.Quite a climb back up the hill though so you would'nt want to be doing it alot.Would love to go back again.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Hard to get to but well worth the trip.

Nice and quiet and a lovely lagoon to swim in