“Great value and great friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Big Fish La Raja

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canacona
Big Fish La Raja
Ranked #20 of 139 Speciality Lodging in Canacona
London, United Kingdom
“Great value and great friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

we visited Palolem for the first time in January 2012 and were lucky enough to find the Big Fish restauant and bar. Plenty of loungers on the beach and the guys - Raj, Santos, Sanjeev will always find you one if the othes are full. The food there is excellent and they can cook anything from italian, indian, american and even chinese - the chefs do a great job. Service is great and it's very relaxed. All the staff are very friendly and the guy that owns the bar and the beech huts, Wilson Fernandez is lovely, always smiling and a genuine bloke. We made that our base for the fortnight and you won't go wrong if you do the same. It's at the quiet end of the beech so plenty of room. When you get there and you fancy a nice refreshing non alcoholic cocktail ask for a Santos Special - and they do the best cheesy nan bread we have ever tasted! People there are mainly regulars who keep going back and you are guarantee to meet someone there to talk to.

Room Tip: We didn't stay in the rooms so can't commentg
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jane T

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
st. peters, mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I didn't know where I was going when I headed to Palolem and the cabbie got lost driving aroung the back roads. I ended up at the Big Fish La Raja and found I couldn't have found a better place. I rented a cute little bamboo cabin a few feet from the beach and the restaurant, which was always putting out the best food. I arrived at the beginning of the season, so they were still putting everything in order, but the place was super clean and I always felt safe there, being a woman traveling alone. Wilson, the owner, Santos, the manager and the ever entertaining Ashok in the restaurant were the perfect hosts.
The view from that end of the beach is the best, in my opinion. The water was clean and crystal clear during my time there.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo