I just came back from a 3 night stay at this resort. The resort is almost 90-120 minutes from the airport. Good if you intend to stay in the resort the entire time otherwise look for something closer. Were greeted on arrival, help was availble for our luggage and we were checked in and sent up to our rooms quite fast. The resort is spread out horizontally so there is a fair bit of walking in store for the reluctant lot. Rooms are massive and have all the trappings expected from a resort at this price point.
What was disappointing however was the very patchy service, while all the staff made an effort to greet you and smile the same did not translate into effort at meeting your needs. We ordered a car at the concierge desk and had the concierge disappear for almost half an hour while the hotel staff tried to track him down and check on the status of our car. Staff ignored do not disturb signs. Faced with the prospect of getting caught in a downpour we requested the doorman for an umbrella only to be told after 10 mins that umbrellas were available in rooms and we should go and fetch one ourselves. What was most surprising however was the staff coming in before check out time and locking up the mini bar right in front of you.
While the rooms did not have any issues, corridors were leaking everywhere. Off season cannot be given as an excuse for bad maintenance.
My food experience at this resort was limited to the buffet served for the conference and it was uninspiring average food. mostly north Indian food with the odd badly executed local dish. Breakfast however was decent.
One tip, do not book cars through the hotel, walk out the main gate and negotiate a deal with the taxi operators outside for almost 50% of Hotel rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa is an all suite resort nestled on 85 acres along the pristine Goan coastline. The resort, cradled by the majestic Sahyadari range along the confluence of the Talpone River, offers breathtaking view of the Arabian Sea. With a kilometre-long exclusive beachfront, it is truly one of the most exquisite beach resorts in Goa. Amidst grand Baroque-Portuguese style architecture, meticulously landscaped gardens, international standard Double 'T' 9-hole Links golf course and Rejuve - the signature spa, enjoy the luxury of oceanfront privacy and seclusion in true Lalit style. Upon arrival, the resort welcomes you into the grand lobby with rustic chandeliers, antique long-handled ceiling fans and a grand staircase overlooking a hand-painted tile mosaic of Sao Rafael, the very first Portuguese ship to land in Goa under the helm of Vasco Da Gama. The resort offers 202 Garden View suites, 36 Sea View Suites, 14 Luxury Suites, 3 Presidential Suites and 10 luxurious villas. Other facilities include unique fine dining restaurants, water sports, Swimming Pool, Kids Pool, Sports complex - Tennis, Squash, Table Tennis, Archery, Volleyball, Beach Football, Beach Cricket, ATV, Beach Cricket, supervised kid's area with a variety of activities for children. The resort is also equipped with seven banquet halls/meeting rooms, ideal for all types of corporate events, conference facility, meeting facility, weddings ceremonies and wedding receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lalit Golf And Spa Resort Goa
- The Lalit Golf & Spa Resort Goa Hotel Canacona
- Intercontinental The Lalit Goa Hotel
- Canacona Inter-Continental
- Intercontinental Canacona
- The LaLiT Golf & Spa Resort Goa India