“...unforgettable days..”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canacona
Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat
Prague, Czech Republic
“...unforgettable days..”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was here in January and still I have this wonderful place in my heart and in my mind .. It was the best yoga and relax experience in my life. The beach is amazing and tha staff arem very friendly, nice and cook was excellent!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Olga S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My friend had booked this leg of the trip for our last week in India and it was the best idea after 2 weeks backpacking, taking trains and staying at questionable places.

Recently been renamed Yoga School Goa, this is actually on Little Cola beach, in
Canacona which is in South Goa. This detail is important because when you arrive at Goa airport with no actual address and you need to get to a taxi, there is a bit of haggling involved if it is Big Cola or Little Cola Beach and of course the drivers always want more. What we didn't know was that Pardeshi (the owner) had organized us a pick up at the airport but we missed our flight (that's another story).

We arrived late at night and as you can imagine had no idea if the taxi was taking us to the right place or not and then we had to get out of the taxi and walk down some section in the dark was a little scary but then we heard the waves and saw silhouettes of the huts. The accommodation was pretty basic and it was really nice that they had something for us to eat because we were starving.

The next day we woke up to the amazing hidden gem this yoga school did sunrise and sunset yoga, ate amazingly fresh and tasty food and spent our days reading, sun tanning and long walks on the beach.

One day we went out to see wild dolphins, which I was kind of reluctant to do because it sounded really corny but we actually saw some which was cool.

There is no internet there but a 20min walk up the road to this lady's house who may or may not be there some days but it's definitely a vacation to kick start that digital detox.

The other visitors were fun to get to know, mostly female travelers when we were there.

Other tourist tend to rent scooters to get around and see the main part of Goa. There is a driver there but he got us really lost on our way to find this popular restaurant (which was really not worth the time or money) - think it was called Lloyd's. The food was much better at little cola beach!

We also learned to cook which was great, I learned that all recipes contain lard oil and well some combination but different quantities of the same spices haha.

It was really sad to leave, I probably could had stayed there for other month just to do nothing and enjoy the little things in life.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank SayNoToSharkfinSoup
Yorkshire
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I've been here three times now and it just doesn't lose its magic. Something happens to me when I get to the place; the peace and beauty are unique, every dish of the food is delightful, the staff are constantly looking for ways to help you and the yoga is just great. I have learned a huge amount and my yoga has improved impressively. I learned to meditate for the first time (sitting on the rocks above the sea at sunset - how could I fail?) and I even got my husband to start yoga.
Pardeshi, the owner and teacher, has a flair that makes this place very special. I can't wait to go back...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We had an amazing time at Little Cove Yoga Retreat for my wife's birthday. The beach is amazing, the staff are amazing, food was excellent, yoga and meditation were excellent and I can hardly imagine a more peaceful setting. Pardeshi, the manager and yoga instructor was VERY accommodating and helped plan a wonderful birthday celebration for my wife. I would highly recommend this location and experience for anyone wanting to truly relax!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Having booked this for 5 days then extending to 7 I can honestly say its been an amazing experience...
Accom - it's a beach hut with the usual mozzie nets, shower western toilet but most importantly its very safe which was my main concern as a single female traveller.
Food - not being a vegatarian there was some trepidation however the food was fabulous, take them up on the offer of cookery lessons, I did and I loved them and have some amazing recipes to enjoy when I get back. You have brunch and and evening meal after sunset which is just wonderful, they also offer fresh fruit salad through the day and lots of mint tea, water or tea or coffee
Yoga - as a novice I was able to discover muscles I was previously unaware of... The evening meditation as the sun set was great...
Team- what can I say parseshi is an amazing teacher and great company, deepak is so sweet and attentive, Govind will drive up what seem like impossible hills to get you to your destination and il wanted to take both the ladies with me because they were so warm despite the language barrier..
Great experience, great people and I always felt safe and secure what more can a girl ask.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Felicty123
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 9 April 2013

It takes an hour and a half to get there from the airport. The road is narrow and winding, some times crossing populated areas. Very different from North India, a tropical feeling, vestiges of Portuguese presence, churches, colonial houses, portuguese names, like if time had stopped 60 years ago, everything washed by the time, a decadent feeling.
Finally you get to a dirt road, a bumpy ride, the rest is to be walked on foot, down a narrow pass. The place is very cozy, all around protected by a ravine, very shaded, the ground fully covered by old coconut trees. Five huts, all facing the ocean, one of them right on top of the beach, the nicest view of all, but too close to the sound of the waves for some with a lighter sleep. In the middle and also facing the ocean an open covered area is used for morning Yoga and brunch. Everything very natural, simple and practical, open to the wind and the feeling of the ocean. The beach is 15 minutes walk long, smooth sand. The water is not clearer then on other Goan beaches, and so warm that when there's a breeze you feel warmer in the water than out. The beach is rocky on areas, but there is plenty of room away from rocks for a good swim.
What really makes the place different is the people.
Not only the local people attending the guests: they are so genuine, so friendly, so much attentive to guests needs, that you forget any non five stars facilities details. Also the kind of guests you meet, and you get to such a close contact that you easily become friends, typically special people in the delight of having found a gem place.
Days flow like in a desert island, a very simple life, getting up and going to bed as with the sun. You don't notice the neighbour resort, it's so quiet, very few guests too. At the end of the beach there are a few fisher men and their boats and nests, catching quite some good amount of small fish, also an ocasional bigger fish, one day an old man caught a fish over one meter long. There's not much to do, you can go with them to see dolphins, at 6:30 in the morning, by sunrise, more then 50% chances of meeting dolphins, in very acrobatic manners if in a youth mood.
The cook is from Nepal, full vegetarian, not very spicy, quite tasty food, lunch quite early, one hour after early morning yoga class, dinner also one hour after pranayama at the rocks facing sunset at the extreme end of the beach. What really makes a difference about it is the warm temperature, the feeling of the ocean, the breeze, the smell, a very good setting for yoga.
My three days where not enough, but I brought back with me, deep inside, an extremely relaxed feeling that stayed for days and come back every time my memory brings back those days.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Thanks you so much to the Internet which allowed us to discover this little gem. If you are looking for peace, tranquility with yoga and meditation thrown in, this is the perfect place. We spent five nights here and would have liked to extend our trip but we were on a time constraint. The yoga and meditation were great, as was the setting. Paradeshi has a great business here, he looked after us very well, as the resort is small you all become a very close group. Food is all home cooked local vegetarian food, which again was great. Would highly recommend going.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
The Leela Goa
Bamboo Yoga Retreat Goa
Om Sai Beach Huts
Om Sai Beach Huts
#1 of 62 in Agonda

Been to Little Cove Yoga Holiday Retreat? Share your experiences!