“A home away from home”
Review of Bhakti Kutir

Bhakti Kutir
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Canacona
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Just got back from my trip to India and an 8-day stay at Bhakti and must say I really do not understand the bad reviews given before. They must be of an older timeframe because me and my boyfriend absolutely loved our stay at one of the huts in Bhakti!

The staff is very friendly and willing to help, the hut (with clean sheets and musquitonet) a unique place to sleep and the food is great. The garden is mesmerizing and very beautiful. A short path leads you straight to the beach next to a restaurant where it is movie-night every night (Hollywoodfilms). The massages are a perfect way to relax. Next to that, we unfortunately became sick on our last day there (because of a meal eaten at the beach) but the staff was very flexibel and nice enough to let us stay for free until 16:00 (instead of check-out at 12) so we could rest until our traintrip later that day.

Sure, there are musquitos (you have a hut in the jungle) and the shower is cold (but hey at 10 it is already 28 degrees so what do you care). Would definitely, without a doubt, recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IngeHolland

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I felt very taken care of at Bhakti Kutir. Delicious food, sometimes portions too large, (not usually something to complain about!), very kind, hospitable staff. Excellent onsite massage therapies and ayurvedic doctor. So close to the beaches and yet a world away in the jungle. Beautiful. My only problem was that the mossies seemed to find me rather tasty (well protected by net in bed) this time although I have not been bothered in the past - must like more mature women! Loved my tree in my bathroom of 10 down.

Room Tip: 10 down suited me well - nice and spacious.
1  Thank 71RachelC
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed at Bhakti Kutir for 10 days for an Astrology conference in January 2013. It was totally lovely...from the food, to the caring and helpful staff, to the 5 minute walk to the beautiful Palolem beach, to the quaintness of the surroundings. I LOVED it! The natural surroundings were a wonderful way to "earth" all that was happening in our conference! Thanks to Ute and ALL the great staff at Bhakti, for you made my stay with you soooo especially memorable!
A lovely soft piece of paradise just far enough away from the action to allow peace, but not far enough away to make getting anywhere difficult! THANK to all the beautiful staff...for their caring...the hot water...the food...the smiles and the sharing!

Room Tip: If a western toilet is important to you, you will need to make sure to ask for a room with one as th...
1  Thank Fiona F
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is a must visit place around Palolem. Even if you are not staying here, you should eat here. The place is beautifully made up with trees and paved walkways. Food is just too good. Try their fresh juices - the one with ginger and watermelon is too good. We had a spaghetti bolognese with mushrooms - really good. Tried goan veg curry - nothing exceptional. Finished it off with a Chikoo lassi - still remember the taste. Your holiday in Goa is likely to be filled with lot of toxins and tamsic food. Bhakti Kutir will detoxify you. Apart from food and service which was top class, visit the place for its positive vibes.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mystictourist
Reviewed 17 February 2013

A charming, clean and beautiful health resort just a few short walk to two of south Goa's most outstanding beaches - Palolem and Patnem. Great ayruvedic doctor on site daily with a variety of well priced ayurvedic treatments available. Three yoga classes offered daily for all levels. Cottage #1 is our favourite, but all the huts and cottages have unique charm and ambience. Welcome back to the original owner, Utta, who has been away for four years. Her vision for this beautiful resort is creative and spiritually artistic. Her partner Graeme is dedicated to upkeep and maintaining & enhancing the vision.

Room Tip: Cottage #1 is in the upper range in terms of price but its really beautiful and quiet with hammocks...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We stayed at Bhakti Kutir for around 10 days and we felt so much at home. It is a beautiful green garden and everything is made very lovingly. The atmosphere is very nice. The food is very clean and tasted good.

For me it is the whole atmosphere of a place which counts. And certainly Bhakti Kutir has a very special and somehow nourishing atmosphere. It is eco friendly and it feels in tune with natue- this is something which I miss in india a lot- that touristic places are more in tune with nature.

The staff was very friendly from the heart and solved small issues directly, which is special for indian business.

We will certainly come back. Wish you a good stay there, too.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2013

If you want peace and quiet and a dollop of enchantment, this is the place to go. I was there for about 10 days in January 2013 and I feel in love with Bhakti, its staff and the special ambience created by the lady who runs it.

It’s green, a 5-minute walk from the beach and eco-friendly. I loved my hut with its mosquito net (there aren’t that many bugs because the owners use eco-friendly ways to deal with them), table to work on, wifi and my hammock on my “patio.”

Nothing appears hurried but everything gets done. The staff are truly lovely: they made customized meals for me when requested.

This place attracts special people: you’ll run into people who’re into yoga or psychotherapy or like my group into psychological astrology. My favorite part of my stay was hanging out in the dining area. There is a cat that suns itself there and will let you pet it if you are so inclined. No one bothers you; you can read a book, drink an organic energy drink and feel the peace that is uniquely Goa. Or if you’re social, you can hang near the reception area and always find someone to talk to.

Since I do care about my creature comforts, I was happy to see that my laundry was taken care of, my hut cleaned when I wanted and my few special requests accommodated easily.

I needed help setting up equipment for the workshop and the family that runs the place helped me with their personal extension cords and helped me do tests before the workshop started.

Bhakti is not a place where you go just because you want somewhere to sleep, it’s really a small community that enfolds you quietly in its gentle warmth if you wish that or lets you be and soak in the yoga, the massages and the sun if you wish that.

I dream of returning and playing board games again in the sunny courtyard with the Bhakti children.

Room Tip: You can have a room with Air con or not. With Indian style or western style loos as per your wish. Y...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canacona
The Tubki Resort
Palolem Inn
Palolem Inn
#5 of 9 in Palolem
Anantra Sea View Resort

Been to Bhakti Kutir? Share your experiences!