“Loved it”

Ranked #47 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Taipei, Taiwan
“Loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed two nights here again this year. Service staff were friendly and very helpful,it is worth mentioning ms may.She made our stay comfortable and recommended few places of interest which is worth visiting.Hotel location is near a row of old shophouse that is a heritage area, within walking distance of the Stadhuys, the A Famosa and the point for river cruise.Good thing is that there are also lots of good eatries and shoppings nearby.
I really like melaka environment(feel peace) and traditional food (Nyonya Laksa).And i will stay in again at this Hotel.
Enjoy your trip in Malacca & have a blessed trip.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Damsom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

This hotel has a good walking distance around the town.You can get a lot foods just around the hotel.It's just 5mins walking distance to Chinatown.But the main highlight is that the treat from staff May to us is damn unsatisfied.Me and my wife used to stay there for 4 days.The last day came and I already told her that we will check-out extra 30mins late as by 12pm we need to check-out.I don't mind paying it but she told me that if I never check-out by 12pm,she will break into my rooms.Is this a polite way to treat a customer.My wife feel so sad about this.Overall hotel facilities is fine.Is just that the treat given by staff May to us is not good at all.Thanks .

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony is good for smoking
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nesh36

Travellers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Kl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Hotel Kota Lodge will always be my first choice whenever i visit Melaka. Not only because of its reasonable pricing, the excellent service provided by the staff especially owner, Ms May, is just overwhelming. This hotel just never fails me. Less than 5 mins walk to the famous Jonker Street and ample of parking spaces available. Been reading feedbacks such as ants and dirty rooms but am surprised that i never experienced that throughout my stays here. However, im sure the management of the hotel will do great job in tackling the problem as i've seen Ms May herself, running around fulfilling every customer's needs. In short, Ms May has never failed to add sparks to every of my Melaka visit.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JaeEmp
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

Excellent value for money but book aircon room. V hot. Polite and knowlegable staff, nothing too much trouble.. Quiet location but near centre. Centre lively until well after midnight especially at weekends.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

We were given a leaflet at the bus station, the rooms looked sparkly and clean. Quite obviously they were taken some time ago. We had walked around the town for a while and places were either full, out of budget or had a shared bathroom and tonight my husbands stomach needed ensuite !
So because of the lateness of the hour we decided to head for Kota Lodge. Quite frankly I wish we'd headed back to one with a shared bathroom. The hotel is in the backend of town, the room looked dirty, the walls around switches were filthy, paper peeling from walls. But we took it for the ensuite!
They don't give a top sheet, just a non fresh smelling blanket complete with hairs and I should have inspected the base sheet better. No joy from reception.
The bed was comfortable and the A.C. was quiet, so that's a bonus
It was definitely one night only!!
Just as a footnote: we are used to budget accommodation and this is below the mark.

• Stayed February 2013
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

We noticed the room was full of ants after we checked in. We politely notified the lady at reception and her solution was to give us a bottle of bug killer spray to spray the room. After spraying, the chemical smell was soooo strong we felt sick. We went out the whole day and only returned at around 2am but the chemical smell was still pretty strong. Smelling in these fumes is really damaging to a person's health.

After we sprayed and noticed how strong the smell was, we had asked if we can switch rooms. We were not asking for an upgrade, simply a change in similar room. She replied that we want cheap room so that's what we get and that all similar rooms were booked. She told us to pay more to get a better room because the more expensive rooms had no ants. What kind of answer is that? We checked out the more expensive room and there were ants as well. She made it seem like it was our problem by saying " Why you afraid of ants?" We should've known something was wrong right when we arrived. She started to sell us an upgrade right when we walked in. I don't even think there was anyone else staying at the hotel that night. I didn't see or hear a single person. In the end, we didn't get a room change nor did we get a refund.

I have travelled many places and have paid for cheap and expensive rooms. I did not expect much for what I paid for the room. All I expected was a clean room with a bed and attached toilet/shower. I had read a few reviews on TripAdvisor and most were positive. This hotel is ranked in the top 1/4 of the hotels in Melaka. Oh please! Don't be fooled.

We stayed outside the hotel and didn't even sleep that night. We treated it as if we paid for a room to store our luggage. As if it couldn't get worse... we asked the hotel owner ( I think it was the owner) to call us a cab early in the morning to get out of there...I'm pretty sure we got ripped off but we just wanted to get out of there...he even tookk a cut from the cab driver right in front of us when the driver arrived!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

I stayed in Melakka for one night...and I tried my luck without a reservation @ Kota Lodge. There was a nice single room with a bathroom inside and a balcony available, which I took for 86 ringit. The room is simple, but clean. the aircon is new - it is not noisy, but I preferred to use the ceilling fan. The bathroom is clean as well, the shower works with hot and cold water. The water pressure was good. The room was worth the money.

The location is great - quite close to jonker street and the city center, maybe five minutes by feet. The staff is exraordinary friendly. As irish2012121 I also met the owner and he gave me a little tour through the town and we had a very pleasant conversation.

Room Tip: You probably should prefer a room with its own bathroom
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo