MITC Ancasa Hotel Melaka
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$192
US$153
Sunflower Hotel Malacca(Melaka)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$51
Priceline
US$68
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Last minute decision travel to Melaka, sees this renamed Permaisuri MITC Hotel as among the few available hotel for the public plus school holiday weekend. Reading all the reviews, makes me wonder whether it is the right choice. Location wise, the hotel is in Ayer Keroh area, which means its close to nearby popular attraction (ie Zoo, Mini Asean, Planetarium, parks etc) and shopping malls. If you're planning to go to Melaka town a lot, you are better off finding accommodation in town itself as Ayer Keroh is easily 20 minutes away

Check-in was hassle free, even if its was a bit crowded at the reception when we arrived. Seems that the hotel is popular for functions as well. The rooms we got, a Triple Room, do not have a fridge and limited TV channel on offer. The bathroom does not have a curtain at the shower area, which makes the bathroom wet. and in general, the place are showing its age. Oh, just before I forget, as with some other reviewers, quite surprised that there are no towel in the room on arrival, but a reminder to the reception when we went out at 5.30pm settles it (when we came back after dinner, its there already)

The buffet breakfast spread has enough variety, and was OK. If its not to your tastebuds, McD is just behind the hotel as well as a few restaurant and food courts are nearby. If one is driving, ample outdoor parking space is around. This hotel could be a base for your excursion around Melaka. The hotel staffs are friendly, but I have the feeling they are a bit understaffed at this outlet :)

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors, it should be a bit quieter and better equipped
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

This hotel has been renamed Permaisuri MITC Hotel is strategically located in the growing township of Malacca International Trade Centre which is also the administrative and commercial centre of the state. Suitable for guests traveling in own vehicles. Conveniently used as a base for tour busses since it is located next to Ayer Keroh which has several popular attractions and ample parking spaces for vehicles. Shopping malls are just a few minutes away and food courts offering local dishes and fast foods are available within the vicinity. The hotel facilities cater for official, business and social functions. The rooms are not as one expects ~ just better than student hostels. Refurbishments are urgently needed to attract guests to return. Services need improvement.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 6 December 2012

We had a very unpleasant stay in this hotel, first we checked in by 7:30pm and the room was not yet ready, requested King bed ahead of time but given twin bed instead, there was a linking in the bathroom as well, curtains and bed sheets were dirty, the whole hotel room was smelling, hotel staffs are not so friendly, and the foods were suck, please do not believe in the photos shown in this hotel, all are lies, if you are foreigner, u definitely cannot take this hotel, says there was western food but nothing there, only malay foods, which was all suck, grrrrr... I wont forget my horrible experience in this hotel, this hotel talked so big but in reality cannot give good service to the guests, PLEASE, PLEASE DONT BELIEVE IN THE PHOTOS SHOWN IN THE WEBSITE ALL ARE LIES..overall rating for me is negative 0.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2012

we booked through internet.. me arrived around 5.30pm.. sadly they told us our room still not ready!.. its 5.30 pm!! we have to wait almots 30 min.. same as Mr Hasmadii.. there only one towel istead there are three of us.. so I call resecptionist and wait another one hour, still no towels.. I make another phone call.. and wait another 30 mins.. and I have to make 3rd phone call and ask the receptionist to bring the towels by herself.. I think the managemnt should reshuffle .. sadly to say.. this hotel charging quite expensive.. but there are only 3 local tv channels.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Arrived around 1.30pm request for early chreck in denied due to hotel policy check in time at 2pm... Ok fair enough.. 2.00pm informed that the room still not ready due to heavy check in.... I requested to talk to the manager.. Informed that manager in PD office nobody knows the phone no... Hahaha... So stupid answer and really dumb receptionist and supervisor... I had no choice since been driving for 8 hours... After 20 mins my room ready... As i enter the room theres no towel and very smelly... Went down ask for towel.... I went out for 30 mins. Back to hotel' still no towel... Called reception 3 times only towels arrive and took more than 30 minutes... Then how should i rate this hotel??? I cannot check out since my credit card already charge.... Should be ZERO rating....

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business