River View Guest House
US$48
US$45
US$105
Travelocity
All reviewsthe riverperfect locationmajor attractionsfew minutes walkguesthouseguests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2009

There are only good things that can be said about River View Guest house. I spent five wonderful days there and could have stayed longer if I didn't have to catch a flight back to Europe! Owners Mani and Raymond are the most natural hosts - warm, hospitable and welcoming - and it was that, along with the lovely, spotless rooms, that made my stay in Melaka so memorable. That, and sleeping in the biggest, comfiest bed with fabulous feather pillows and duvets. The location is perfect - just steps from Jonkers street, the best feature is River View's back porch actually opens onto the river and its lovely sitting out there in the evenings.
As a solo backpacker, it was the best money I spent on accommodation in Malaysia and the nicest guesthouse I have stayed in in Asia!!
I actually have no criticisms or faults that I could raise. I would love to go back someday. It really is a little gem in a wonderful town.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2009

My partner and I stayed at riverview for 4 nights. When we left I was actually sad to go! Mani and Raymond, the owners were lovely! They really looked after us and made sure our stay was as comfortable as possible. The rooms were big, clean and full of character and to be able to use the kitchen to make cheese on toast was amazing!!! There are plenty of bathrooms and these are also very clean! Mani makes great cookies and she could definateley make a buisness out of this alone!! The building itself is a gorgeous renovated listed building and just to look at it from the outside is a treat! a great renovation guys! easy access to all the cool places in Melaka! and the jonker street market on the weekend is great fun (just around the corner!) Stay here! its brill!!!!!!!

Reviewed 29 June 2009

Great location by the river, lovely clean airy rooms and wonderful owners Mani & Raymond! We had the best stay ever and had a great time eating out together at Captain Satay (a must!) and enjoying the great hospitality and company! We would definately stay there again and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Melaka! ;0)

Reviewed 29 June 2009

When my girlfriend and I arrived there and saw the restored shop fronts, we knew we were in for a treat. The hostel is simple yet has anything and traveller needs. The thing we loved the most was it had the 'homey' feelings that we had missed since we set off for our travels. The owners, Mani and Raymond were the nicest hosts and went out of their way to help us plan our time in Melaka and ensure that we enjoyed ourselves there; suggestions on what to see, places to eat, how to get where, they were only to happy to help.

Being on the renovated River's Edge was an added bonus, making it easy to reach the Red Square without having to dodge the traffic. The bathrooms are shared but i never found myself waiting for them since the ratio of these to people staying is just right.

Next time my girl friend and i are in Melaka, we will definitely search for this hostel first; our Home away from Home :)

Reviewed 24 June 2009

Really nice guest house and the owners Raymond and Mani are so helpful. They put in that extra effort to ensure your stay is great and relaxing. The house is very central and close to all the major areas of interest. Rooms are clean and although they are not airconditioned the ceiling fans are efficient. Common areas are really good and guests have the use of the kitchen, dinning room and balcony overlooking the river. We will stay there if we can any time we are in Melaka.