“Eerie encounter and the worst place i visited”

A'Famosa Cowboy Town
Ranked #113 of 147 things to do in Melaka
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Don't even bother to come or even think about this place ever existed.
The so called cowboy town is an actual ghost town..the stench from animal waste.unclean unfriendly and the worse part is served uncooked rotten food!expensive ? Oh yes...but i dont mind the price..but to serve my family with rotten and uncook food,that is too overwhelmingly disgusting!
And when asked who did the cooking?
A bangladeshi underpaid guy..whose job was to cook for the restaurant and ran off to cook for another event or functions..
Say Whatttt??
Next the eerie part..after the worse experience for cowboy town..the kids began to fall ill and cried throughout the night..they even saw something or someone..very disturbed we as a family just ignored.the following day we had to bring him to hospital due to unusual high fever.
The Water theme park is also un clean and rip off..don't bother to let your children swim at the kiddy pool..the water playground and slides is beyond repair that it was repaint and repaint not replace.
And to make things worse sand and fungus algae everywhere..my feet was literally cut due to walking barefooted around the vicinity..
The snack corner even dont sell ice..Say Whatt?
To travel from one place to another you have to take a yellow lorry ..it depends on the driver for the type of payment..well you know what i mean,and if it rains..when you closed the curtains..the smoked carbon will suffocate the passengers.
Not to mention,my other kid was stung on the neck by a bee..luck was on our side..the park doctor was able to send us to a nearby hospital for treatment.
We were so hungry and dissapointed on the last day..that we called a cab to drive us out to eat..and fortunately for the feverish scared kid,the taxi driver was able to somehow identify the problem,said some prayers and gave him a drink from a mineral water..and almost immediately..his fever went down and he was back to his normal self..so thats is my side of the story..I let you be the judge.

1  Thank Junaedy H
AFRM, Manager at A'Famosa Cowboy Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Junaedy H,
Warmest Greetings from A'Famosa Resort!
Thank you for your review alerting us to the problem you faced during your visit to A'Famosa Resort Old West.
With all due respect, A'Famosa Resort Old West restaurants chefs are either Malay or Chinese and we do not have any foreign staffs in the kitchen, especially Bangladeshi cook as mentioned.
As for the Water Theme Park, during fasting month i.e July, we closed the entire theme park for renovation and restoration purposes hence upon re-opening, we assure all the slides and rides are in good conditions.
Please be informed that our Yellow Truck Service/Shuttle Truck is charged at RM1 per person as stated in the truck and none of the drivers are authorized to collect a different amount of payment.
We offer our sympathy and concern over your children medical condition and wish them a speedy recovery.
Last but not the least, we would appreciate more detailed information such as date of your visit and restaurant dined for further resolution and action if any.
Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I normally do not write reviews, however this is definitely a special case.

I went to Afamosa's Cowboy Town with a friend recently and it was just extremely disappointing.

Most of the outlets in the park were closed for renovations or upgrades and whatever that was there did not look like it was well kept. The park took us 5 minutes to go around and obviously we weren't happy. When we spoke to the 'management' and I use this term very lightly as the person who spoke to us was extremely unprofessional, he turned around and actually blamed us for coming to the park too early (show only starts at 8.30pm, we arrived at 6.40pm). We were told the reason why there was nothing to do is because we were suppose to have dinner at the park first and then proceed to the show and because we weren't having dinner, it was our fault - therefore no refund.

As mentioned earlier, we completed our 'tour' of the park in 5 minutes, was charged RM45 for Malaysian and RM65 for foreigner. Now, the money is not an issue, if there was actually things to do. However, this was just a complete rip-off and having seen most of the reviews on here, I think that I am not the only one who feels that way.

When so-called person in charge/ 'management' talks to me condescendingly and tells me that I will not be getting a refund because I have already entered the park, and then compares that to me going to the cinema and watching a movie, I then have to think that upper management does not really care who they have on their team. Firstly, a movie costs RM20 tops and I choose the movie I want. Here, I'm paying RM110 for 2 persons for a 5 minute walk around a dumpsite with animals that looked half dead and attractions that were closed down. How is that the same?

I am in the hospitality/ service industry and in all my years, I have never seen a person in the same industry treat a guest/ customer that way. On top of that, he actually told other customers that my friend and I were just being difficult, and that too in front of us. That to me is completely unprofessional and uncalled for.

In short, it is not a place to visit, people are unprofessional and well, don't even bother asking for any assistance because none will be given. They are more interested in how much money they make rather than customer satisfaction.

Thank you very much for the unpleasant experience, I will not recommend this park to any friends, family members or even hotel guests.

Finally, if this is how lower management speaks to guests, then I can only imagine how upper management would behave. As the sayin goes, the fish stinks from the head!

I can positively say that I will definitely not receive a reply for my complaint as this company believes in sweeping complaints under the rug.

Extremely disappointing!

5  Thank LynnPereira

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from A'Famosa Resort!
We certainly understand your frustration given the experience you described during your visit to A'Famosa Resort Old West.
Old West begin operation at 6PM and only the 4D Theatre and its surrounding area was closed for renovation then, otherwise the whole park is accessible for public with valid admission tickets.
We acknowledge your review and would like to gain further insight to further investigate this matter. Would you be able to recall if the person you spoke to was a staff from the Ticketing Counter or from the Old West Street. Providing us with the date of your visit and names of staff/management personnel whom attended to your query would also be appreciated.
Meanwhile, please accept our sincere apologies and we will make every effort to see that this never happens again.
Thank you.

Regards,
A'Famosa Resort Melaka

Reviewed 17 May 2014

For senior citizens, you have to pay MYR20 without meal, for OKU, MYR21.
It is open at 6pm.
There are a lot of renovations going on. e.g: 4D theatre.
The souvenirs are expensive and so are the foods.

3  Thank HRS_6
Reviewed 19 April 2014

It took 4 hours to reach afamosa in melaka, we took TBS ( station could be reached by kl senteral metro) we reached Melaka senteral then taxi with 45 MYR to reach afamosa ticket with 142 MYR to watch shows for birds, elephant and cowboys and feed tiger. It took the whole day and we reached KL at midnight and spent lot of money and enjoined but it not worth it

1  Thank taghreed_ali
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Hi,

Last weekend I have been A'Famosa Safari Wonderland, Cowboy Town and place nearby there. Unfortunately, the attraction is very poor. Some of the things there is not manageable. Supposedly it manage well for tourist. Please do some housekeeping on A'Famosa attraction as it might be can attract more people after. The shop is selling expensive, the place is not very good as a review. Also, I can suggest that doing some renovation is a must.

Thanks.