“The perfect hostel ”

Ranked #12 of 208 Melaka B&B and Inns
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“The perfect hostel ”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing! We stayed in a fan room with lots of Windows that we didn't even need the fan. The place has charm and the quirky little details makes it feel like home. The vibe is upbeat, the kind of place where you meet new people and make new friends. They have bikes available which makes exploring Melaka infinitely better. Will definitely come back!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kareeza C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Great location in China town, fabulous light airy room with sunny outlook. Not fancy but everything you need. Nice staff and friendly guests. Very clean for our first time Asia. I would definitely stay here again. Perfect for our 4 nights stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sheila m
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great place. We just loved it from the minute we walked in.
Sam who runs it is amazing! So helpful and chilled.
Great chilled atmosphere for travelers and a good communal area to meet people.
Bikes are available, which is really the only way to see Melaka.
Stayed in a private fan room.
Sam even provided us with a padlock for our door.
Showers and bathroom outside. Washing machine available for a small charge and lots of space to hang your washing.

Close to the night market.
Really can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cquinn2013
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I been staying here on and off since Oct 2013. The place is really value for money, clean and tidy. The caretaker (Sam) is always give an extra miles to make sure the guest feel like home. The room are so comfortable and the dorm space are big enough to put all your stuff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jim_Solomon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We paid around $23 (AUD) for the new room, which had air con and hot water. The room was basic but clean, and the ensuite was small but functional. The location is great, right in the centre but not in the noise. The staff was nice enough and the wifi worked in the communal area.

I would give this place a 4 rating if it was not for the bed itself which I found uncomfortable. We also had a medium sized towel as a cover blanket/sheet, and it barely covered one person so between my husband and I we struggled.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wordtraveller13
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed at Jalan jalan besi for 4 nights. Very comfortable stay. We stayed in a private room with a private bathroom, for a very reasonable price. Owners very friendly and helpful, and they have excellent security by means of a front gate. Very clean room and bathroom. Really nice location in melacca, would stay again and also highly recommend to anyone staying in melacca.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jklaic
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I had a great stay in this hostel. I booked two rooms with built-in bathrooms. Each room was spacious but one room (the one overlook the stairway) was lacking of privacy due to the presence of a huge window. However, there's a curtain that covers the window from inside but unfortunately, from my observation wasn't adequate. I would suggest a bigger curtain to ensure the privacy of the occupants.

The bathroom was rather small which was expected so no big deal. It was very clean (as a matter of fact the whole place was very tidy and clean!) and there was hot water which was all that mattered. No complementary toiletries or towels are provided so pack your stuffs well because I didn't... I made a mistake thinking there will be towels provided.

Location wise... it was perfect! After all the hostel is located (very) near to the famous Jonker Street. You can easily walk to many tourist attractions in Malacca like The A'Famosa, The Taming Sari tower and etc.

The owner/caretaker Sam was a really nice person too. I left my watch in my room after I checked out and only realised that I have lost it after I arrived home. And Sam was kind enough to ship the watch to me. I feel a little bad though that he wouldn't let me cover the shipment cost.

Definitely I would come back and stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends