“Great place to sit down and relax”
Review of Calanthe Art Cafe

Calanthe Art Cafe
Ranked #1 of 36 Coffee & Tea in Melaka
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Malaysian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Get to try all different taste of authentic coffee from Malaysia 13 States'. Local cuisine, home-made desserts, varieties of drinks and many others. A place to not only to enjoy the coffee but also to relax, appreciate the building and many others.
Reviewed 27 November 2013

With tasty dishes and cozy ambiance, Calanthe is a great cafe to rest your tired feet, quench your thirst and fill your empty stomach. Even though the cafe is known for its coffee selections (they have coffee from different states in Malaysia), I opted for the soda drink, of which there are many varieties to choose from. It was so good that I had to try another and save the coffee tasting for future visits.

Foodwise, I had the weekend special of stingray asam pedas and I have to say it was one of the best I've had in this town. Highly recommended. The staff were very friendly too, just like what the menu says. One waitress stood out - Anne - she gave us useful tips to explore the city and other good places to go for cendol. Later, while walking around exploring the heritage area, we bumped into one of the owners in front of his homestay house. He was quite pleasant as well.

The cafe is very popular with the media apparently, as many have visited and did a feature. While we were there, TV9 came to shoot a scene for one of their programs.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Will always patronise this cafe when visiting Melaka to satisfy my coffee cravings! They serve many types of coffee from different 13 states in Malaysia. Additionally, they serve food too! A great place to hang out and relax after all the walking!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The best of this place is, it is being well decorated and everything seems to be familiar.

Been there for twice being a local from malacca, once simply for coffee and once for breakfast. Both visits giving me fresh experience of this place.

it is recommended to all the locals and travellers, a place to try and experience for the environment.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

If you like your coffee to taste like coffee ask for a double shot. Our first offering was like dirty dish water. Milk lacked texture and wasn't much better than Nescafé. My fruit frappe was tasty and fresh. Interior is colourful and entertaining with their collection of art and collectables, and it offers many different corners to sit depending on the outlook you want. We didn't eat here, but saw that the breakfasts were popular with western travellers.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I like the cafe very much, especially the decoration and the painting on the wall. The furniture there is in retro style, make me feel like back to my home during childhood! I love the coffe there, they provide various type of coffee in different character, there are many choices for the customer. I love the sandwich! I will visit again and bring other friends there!