Kings Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
d'Village Resort(Ayer Keroh)
  • Pool
World Youth Hotel(Ayer Keroh)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Bayou Lagoon Park Resort(Kampung Bukit Katil)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2011

My one night stay here can only be described as UNSATISFIED. The room looks old and shabby. The air condition is old and ancient looking. The bed is okay but it makes my skin itchy after sleeping on it. The breakfast provided is not good, not good.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. Chose this hotel because we only wanted to stay in Ayer Keroh, and not go to the City (Pusat Bandaraya) and also because there were 6 families. We took 2 apartments (each apartment has 3 rooms and a small living room)

Check-in was quite a nightmare, because the hotel has 2 towers - hotel and apartment. We went to the hotel tower to check-in, but they told us to go to the apartment tower. Over at the apartment tower, we were told to go back to the hotel tower. Bear in mind it's about 5 to 10 minutes walk, and it was quite late when we reached... it was quite annoying.

Our apartment was fine, the door handle was broken, so we sortof had to kick the door to open it. The floor was sticky. The rooms were huge though, but the living room was small, and the sofas were really miserable. We couldn't feel the cushion at all. There was only ONE TV set in the whole apartment of 3 rooms!

We were only given ONE key. Imagine, a hotel room would usually 2 keys, and this - an apartment with 3 rooms - we were only given ONE key! So everyone had to plan properly to go out together etc. On Saturday night when my family brought their key along with them, we asked the reception for another key, and they said they only had a master key, and even if they unlocked the roomdoor for us, we won't have electricity at all. It felt like I was in the 70's or something.

However, bed was very comfortable. Read somewhere that mattresses were all new. Breakfast was also ok, although they close very early (stopped topping up food arround 9.45am, when bfast ends at 10) and Chef refuses to cook more than 1 type of egg for us, even though he will say yes to whatever you order. On our 2nd day of breakfast, they told us we cannot have boiled eggs because "stove is broken" ??!! What nonsense is that???

Swimming pool was a joke - a small square (maybe 4m x 4m) and it only reaches up to the ankles.

On the whole, if you have to stay only in Ayer Keroh with a big family, I guess it's ok if you aren't too fussy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Noshi
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I'm a Malaccan who live and work in KL, we go back to my hometown Malacca quite regular to visit my parent at Bukit Beruang however mormally we will stay in hotel as the house was small when my other brothers and sisters came back at the same time.

In year 2006 we notice a new hotel was open near Pantai Hospital and we give it a try. Everything was ok because it is new, and from that day onward me and my brothers and sisters have become their regular customer.

The hotel impress us the most was alomost each time when we check in to the hotel there are someting new added. At first we notice there was a new Thai Restaurant offer ver good and authentic Thai food just right on top of their coffee house and later we saw new paint on the external and internal building. We also notice the upgrading work on ID at the lobby, corridor, rooms and also the coffee house and lately when we check in during this Hari Raya period they have upgraded their bed to Slamberland (we saw a small card with a note telling the customer on the new bed and my wife comfirm it by pulling out the bedsheet). Even though this hotel still got a lot of things to improve but we appreciate the efford and money the hotel put in to maintain the quality compare to many hotel in Malaysia that don't care about this.

We hope the management can continue put in more value added facilities and services and hope it will do well as my children are already familiar with the surrounding plus it was so near to my parent's house.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank okkMalacca
Reviewed 19 January 2010

> rented a superior room, a 3 bedded (1 double and 1 single) room which cost around MYR 160
> though is facing main road but not very noisy, maybe some siren during midnight hours as the opposite is a hospital
> near to shopping malls and travel spot like zoo, parks, etc..
> though is 3 bedded room but we were only offer with 2 free seats for breakfast
> the hotel seems new when we visited there, clean as well
> the open parking space is free, at the back of hotel / at their apartment area, and was quite safe, considering we only returned to hotel at around midnight
> must have vehicle if you are planning to stay here
> would recommend if you wish to spend more time in ayer keroh rather than melaka town

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank fwshiou
Reviewed 2 January 2010

I called prior to staying here to make a reservation for Deluxe Room, as I've been informed that Superior was full. So, when the day arrived, we reached the hotel at 2.50pm. When we went straight to the reception, the receptionist told us to wait, without stating any reason. By 3pm I was already getting annoyed so I went back to the reception what is taking so long. The receptionist told me that the room isn't ready! And it was already 3pm! I insisted on my reservation, and she said there's no reservation under my name. She offered me Superior room as it's cheaper and just the same as Deluxe room (what??). I took the offer.

The room was clean and spacious. However, our toilet pump wasn't working. We called operator and was told that someone would come up to fix it. But nope, until the day we checked out, no one came to fix it.

This would be my first and last stay at this hotel. Never again!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple