“Our honeymoon”

Courtyard @ Heeren Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
“Our honeymoon”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Wonderful room with jacuzzi and romantic ambience. Location of hotel was close to great food joints. Parking space was provided. Many interesting photo worthy and quaint decoration in the hotel. Had a great time!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Maculate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I have always wanted to try out this hotel, and am glad I finally did!

Service - Amazing! They have very friendly and polite staff.

Room - I booked myself a superior double room (G2) just last weekend. Certain parts of the room needed some maintainence (some rust/peeling) but the overall experience was great. The bathroom was huge, shower was awesome. The bed was super comfy too! Bad TV reception though.

Location - Right beside Jonker Walk! What more can I ask for? It is also walking distance away from other shopping centres like Makhota Parade etc.

Price - A lil expensive compared to the other hotels located around Jonker Walk. But, you get what you pay for!

Highly recommend! I shall try the Deluxe Room on my next visit to Malacca.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2011

A few days break in Melaka to take advantage of sampling lots of lovely local food, and wanted to try a local hotel rather than one of the bigger chains.

Booked this as the location looked good, and wasn't disappointed. It's in a street that runs parallel to Jonkers St so very close to the food market at weekends.

Hotel is quite easy to find, a few minutes walk from the Casa del Rio hotel on the river where the coach dropped us off. Check-in very quick and helpful staff made sure we had everything we needed. Booked a deluxe room, which was a very good size with a sizeable bathroom. Due to the way these converted hotels are built, there isn't much chance of an external window. However here they make good use of internal courtyards allowing in natural light so it doesn't feel at all dark or gloomy.

Breakfast was fine for a hotel of this size, enough of a selection to find something to snack on before heading out for a day's eating.

Located in the old town of Melaka it's very central to most of the sights and easy to keep nipping back during the day to cool down and taste the latest food that you've just bought at one of the local stalls.

No problem coming back here in future, good value and a nice choice if you're in Melaka for a foodie visit.

1 Thank Blackheathbloke
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This place truly made my Malacca stay a very memorable quick getaway trip from the city. The hotel is quite easy to find thanks to all the reviews here. I kept my eyes wide open to be sure that I do not miss out on this place. The hospitality starts from the moment you enter the place. You'll be greeted with a nice smell of lemon grass and serenity of the mini 'pond' inside the lobby. The check-in was a breeze and the staff was good enough to guide my partner to the car park located at the back of the hotel.

We stayed in the deluxe room (F5), a bamboo themed room. First impression on the room, very cosy and though the lighting might be a bit dimmed but it's actually quite alright for me as I am the kinda person that is very used to a dimmer room. The bathroom itself is of a more open concept. So if you're travelling with friends or someone that is not your other half, it can be a bit awkward (and of course the smell as well). The open bath is something that is very much needed after a long day walk around Malacca (taking advantage of the free parking at the back of hotel) as I would usually prefer walking around to sightsee around. The water pressure was good the whole time I was here.

Not much of a noise disruption throughout the stay as I specifically requested for a upper floor room. The whole place itself is very airy as there are many fans around (which are kept on for most of the time) and plenty of wooden chairs for you to rest on should you want to be at the little yards along the hotel.

The breakfast was acceptable and could be improved further. Would really appreciate if they could provide a bigger tube of body bath gel (unsure if I could request more as I did not ask for it) as for some travellers that would prefer to have twice daily bath, the gel could be very insufficient. The bed can be a bit small if you're slightly on the taller side. Pricing also can be a bit steep but I would say it's worth the price. I would definitely stay here again when I visit Malacca for an overnight stay in the future.

Great job for the staffs of Courtyard at Heeren as I felt very much at home and pretty relaxed..exactly what I wanted before I started on this trip.

7 Thank AnnieLiew
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Our family of four (including an infant and 4-year-old) stayed in the Superior Family Room for two nights.

The service is the best I've encountered anywhere. Email enquiries were answered quickly (even at odd hours) and clearly. The owner and staff really went the extra mile to help, from the second we turned up looking for parking, to the end of our stay. Have any particular dietary requirements? Not a problem for the chef.

The room was clean and spacious, and we loved the "rainforest shower".

Not only would it be our first choice for future trips to Melaka, this hotel is one of the reasons we want to visit again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rocketsox
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We (2 children 1 teenager,3 adults) arrived in Melaka without a booking anywhere and it was pouring. We hauled our luggage around in the rain for a good hour before coming across the beautiful boutique hotel. My dad had found a room in a nearby hotel but the staff at the Heeren were so accomodating and great with my kids they also tried to get us into the room as quickly as possible as they could see were were all soaked and irritable. The rooms were spotless, comfortable and while not huge in size had everything we needed.9The managed to give us one of the last rooms available The breakfast was delicious and all the staff were fantastic.
Must say having stayed in numerous hotels in Australia, Asia and USA this is one of the best.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Monica R
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Courtyard is a boutique hotel, in a good location. It's has all baba & nonya design. the breakfast is delicous. Melaka is a beautiful, calm & antique little town, courtyard kinda complete your traveling. It's a little bit pricey compare to others boutique hotel (the standard room RM 200, others around RM 150), but if you're planning to enjoy your room, it's worthy.

The location just behind Jonker street, and 10 minutes walking distance to baba & nonya museum, Christ church, river cruise & maritime museum (actually, all of this places is in 1 area). FYI, Jonker street only open at Friday to Sunday, a lot of museums & stores closed between monday to wednesday. If you prefer a lively city comes on weekend, if you prefer a quiet honeymoon, come on weekdays.

Room Tip: The standard room is already beautiful enough if you're on tight budget, if the double room alre...