“Sooo dirty!!!”

casa lago holiday apartment
Ranked #89 of 126 Speciality Lodging in Melaka
“Sooo dirty!!!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

All so dirty. Dont have swimming pool like wat they put in their website.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank naznizam

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We booked for a two-bedroom apartment. The master bedroom had two single beds but had a bathroom attached. The other room had a double bed but the bathroom was outside the room. Only two towels were provided for an apartment meant for four. An old electric kettle was provided on loan for which a deposit of MYR 50 had to be made. No cups or mugs were provided. How does the management expect guests to drink the boiled water? No cooking was allowed in a holiday apartment. Now that's ironic! The kitchen cabinets had seen better days. The kitchen was about to fall on to the floor. The refrigerator made such a din, it was the nosiest refrigerator I have ever encountered. An old 20-inch CRT-type was provided but the remote control was missing. We booked through an agent (no name will be mentioned) claiming that the apartment was heavily discounted. Upon arrival, we picked a brochure while awaiting check-in process and discovered what we were paying was what was shown on the brochure! No discount as advertised!

Room Tip: There are lots of new hotels nearby offering better value for money. Do give them a try. Avoid Casa...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank siowchuan

Travellers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Casa Lago Serviced Apartment
Don't even be cheated to book although u might feel it's convenience in town or it is better stay together in one house if you have more people.

I too have the same mindset, Service apartment near town, i got 5 people that is better for me to take a 2 rooms apartment, and I believe since the hotel named themselves as service apartment, in terms of service might be acceptable. But.. My mindset totally change when I reach the apartment

1) the lobby is in first floor. In order for u to enter the lift, u need the access card. This is stupid! No card how to go to the lobby? So u need to make a call up. What if u don't have roaming or phone to call the hotel? And don't forget they did not publish their contact no at the lift though.

2) when I step into the reception. The officer is not friendly at all. She even showed u her black face an talk super rough! Omg, as a frontline and should u treat ur customer this way?

3) when we book the hotel or view te hotel website, it state check in time 2.00pm. But this officer said, they do not have hotel key an we need to wait. What's more their actual check in time in 3pm. Can u imagine? All standard hotel check in at 2pm or earlier. But I only can check in after 3pm.

4) ok, so we came back after 3pm. And we went into the rooms, the door is so easily be open. And any key could be easily open. So, for sure I need to carry all my important things with me everywhere I go.

5) the rooms smell from living hall to the room.. Omg, it's yuckss! Super smelly. Open all the windows and curtains for fresher air. The aircon sound is so noisy, it's just like the airplane on your roof.

6) went into the rooms, the bedsheet colors is yellow.. Some of the pillows is also yellow. The original colour isn't yellow k. Cause on two single bed, u see the two pillows is one white an one yellow. When I lie on it, omgg!! The smell is like never wash though

7) the walls omg, u can see some big dark dirt. Nightmare man..!

8) the security guard. We have 2 cars but only 1 access card. So 1 person is without card. So when I came back at nite, I asked the security help to open the barrier.. He scolded us. What kind of attitude it is? That is ur job! Nvm, I shd say what kind of hotel, bring out what kind of staffs..!

9) i totally felt I have been dump my money in the drain during my stay in this hotel. The service crap! Never recommend people or ur fren there!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Tabithaping87
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We made a last min reservation via asiarooms for 31st Dec 2011 and 1st Jan 2011 for this apartment as all the good hotels were fully booked. We arrived at this place at 6am, hoping to get some sleep as we have been driving all night. The guard said there is no office there and we have to call the number given to us. So we called and no one picked up till 8 am! The lady on the phone asked us to come up to level 1 for checking in and They said they open from 8 am to 7pm. They should have stated somewhere in their website that their so called office opening hours.

When we entered our studio apartment, we were greeted by a lizard. The furniture looked very old. The fridge provided is not clean. There are black spots all over.

As for the bed, the white duvet is yellowish. I wonder how many years have they been using the same duvet for. It also have a 10cm diameter stain in the center of the duvet. The mattress is as hard as wood. Very uncomfortable to sleep in. Since we are so tired, we just try to sleep. Before i could those off, i could hear the next door apartment dragging the table and chairs and sounds of loud foot steps. And also i was awoken by sound of motorbikes.

At the corner of the bathroom, there was a spider on his web and on the other corner on the wall there was a squashed bug. There were no toiletries and we were only provided 1 towel ( the apartment is good for 3 adults)

i was so disgusted with the filth that we went out to look for another hotel. We were lucky. we have gotten a room at holiday inn. We have wasted our money for this useless disgusting hotel. Dont even bother to think about coming here.For amenities like gym and pool , we have to pay RM7.00 per person. However we didnt even bother. Paying S$185 for 2 days is worth at all.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SitiRahim
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I booked this place for a quick long weekend trip with my family. The only review of this place made it seemed like this place is not bad but I think they can improve a lot on their cleanliness. I only had problems with how dusty some furnitures were. We had a car, so traveling around was not a problem.
The good thing about this place is the staffs are very helpful and air-conditions work well and are very cooling. The place is very cheap too.

If you are not a clean freak like me, you'll find this place acceptable.

• Stayed July 2010
melaka
Reviewed 22 February 2010

i was in melaka last weeks and as usual the hotels are always fully booked during weekend as we did not make any booking we tried our luck to look for homestay at this place called Casalago apartment. It cost us only RM250/nite for a fully furnished 3 rooms air con condo by the seaside with excellent location. It jus 3 min to Jonker walk, the famous cultural walk in melaka and also historical spots like, A famosa, red house etc are jus walking distance. Shophouses are jus opposite the condo so u can get all kinda food by jus across the road. It is indeed a comfortable stay with affordable price in an exccellent location!!strongly recommend but RM250/nite is offered by the owner of the house can try browsing mudah.my website for the offer.

5 Thank melakagal85