“Family Trip”

Jonker Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
“Family Trip”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I went for a short trip to Melaka with my family of 5 adults and 3 children. Book 2 grand deluxe rooms that come with 2 queen size beds rooms through the hotel website. The hotel reply was very prompt. I booked the 2 room that are on the first floor thinking that my elderly mother doesn’t need to walk up any stair but I was wrong. The room is actually 1 floor above the ground floor and we still need to walk up the stairs. But the staircase is actually not too difficult to climb.
I was expecting some difficulty in finding the carpark and true enough I can’t find the carpark when I first reach the hotel. So for those that are driving there, there are 2 ways to reach the carpark.
1)Drive along Jalan Kubu and turn right to Jalan Tokong. The hotel is on the left. Just after the hotel, there is a small lane on the left which will lead you to the carpark.
2)Drive along Jalan Portugis. Before reaching Jalan Tukang Emas, there is a big public carpark on the right. Turn inside the carpark. Take note of a sign board namely “Jonker Walk” and drive towards it and the carpark is on the right.
The receptionists are very friendly and the rooms are huge. I have rooms facing the back of the hotel overlooking at the carpark and another one overlooking Jonker street. I stayed in the room overlooking Jonker street and love it. My children were enjoying themselves as we can have a bird’s eye view of the stage at Jonker street. The singers are entertaining my children throughout the night. You can see the photo I have taken from my room down towards the stage on Jonker Street. The location of the hotel was fantastic as I can just walk out of the hotel and enjoy what is on offer on Jonker street. I have stayed in few hotels in Melaka before and consider Jonker Boutique Hotel as one of the best hotel if you don’t mind not having gym, swimming pools etc.

Room Tip: If you want quite room ask the hotel for a room at the back of the hotel. If you want to be entertai...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank twengche

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 14 December 2011

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying 2 nights and was indeed a wonderful experience with lovely staff and excellent service. I thank the staff and management of Jonker Boutique Hotel for a fantastic time and their attentiveness in my request for the floral, birthday cake and card arrangement. Looking forward to be back soon and will recommend friends booking J.B Hotel. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Room 206, facing carpark and away from main stream crowd noise
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank AvisLim
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I stayed there with my families for one night.The best ever hotel I have experienced, specially the friendly staff,!!!Rooms are clean, nice everything till the best. We had a bit trouble during check in, but the way that is solved by Stephinie, makes you want to have a problem here all the time! That is what I call service.She patiently explaining to us.They even help us to carry our luggage.We found a lot of foods bevarage-chicken rice,chendol,peranakan cuisine etc.Our stay was wonderful!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank constance l
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I stayed at Jonker Boutique Hotel for five nights. Overall I had a good stay - the service was good and the location fantastic. The rooms are a little tired around the edges - but they have all the necessary amenities and are quite spacious. There was no elevator, so a little difficult to get bags upstairs - but that was only a minor issue.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed there on 25.11.2011. First of all, the hotel is located just in front of the Jonker Street, where the night market starts. N it takes only 10-15 mins walk from hotel to reach Stadthuys. N there are shoplots or stalls along the road, you will never felt bored or tired walking. just the weather is slightly too hot, it's advisable to bring along an umbrella....

Okay, now about the hotel. I was greeted warmly by the receptionist when i first walked into the hotel. Compliment to the girl! She is very friend, in less than a minute, i'm done with all the check in n on my way to my room. I had a grand deluxe room as there are 6 of us. we had an extra bed added into our room.

So, this is really a WOW.. when i walked into my room.. All of us were so excited to see the room in this so clean, bright and comfortable... it is equipped with huge samsung TV, fridge, bathtub with separate shower. nothing to complaint at all. I just love it.. I even had myself soak into the bathtub.. hehe.. it was a great choice!! I will go there again next year, hopefully the room will maintain its cleanliness...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Erene_loh
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Parking location is kinda bad if the main entrance block by other car. I need to make many turns.
Staff is friendly.
Overall is not bad.

• Stayed November 2011
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed 1 night at Deluxe Room. Lovely bedroom with huge TV, King size bed (Japanese style), good air-conditioner and clean bathroom. Friendly staff and great location. We made a right choice to stayed at Jonker Boutique Hotel. Definitely will stay again !! =)

Room Tip: Due to the hotel located at Jonker Street, do request room facing the back to avoid noisiness.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends