“Definitely a must stay if you visit Melaka!”

Jonker Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
“Definitely a must stay if you visit Melaka!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Was visiting Melaka over the weekend and decided to stay in this hotel after reading reviews.
Was concerned as I'm bring my little 'monster' with me, but after my stay I must say that I'm over concerned! This hotel is situated at prime location - beginning of Jonker street where the night market and good food are! Rooms were clean and spacious (btw I stayed in the Premier Deluxe Room), and a private parking area for peace of mind if you are driving there.
Importantly, I was there for my wife's birthday and the hotel guys even decor the room and prepared a cake for me to surprise her! Very personal touch!
Overall, a must stay if you visit Melaka!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jamonbutter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel on a brief getaway from Singapore. We were instantly charmed by its historic feel and modern-decor. The rooms were chic yet felt authentic. The location was great, right in the heart of Melaka's Chinatown. There were fantatstic cafes close by such as the Babboon House and Geographer Cafe as well as active Chinese temples.
Furthermore the staff were extremely kind and friendly. They held onto our bags for us after checkout and even have a shower/bathroom avaiable to checking out guests to refresh themselves in beofre they depart from the city.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Felicity S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

The Good
-location, in the center of the town, within walking distance to all attractions
-friendly and helpful staff
-room is decent and clean

The not so good
-The narrow staircase, probably due to the original design of the building
-price is a little steep

Overall its a pretty decent hotel and stay

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank hsplily
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

What we love about the hotel :

1) Parking space available which is a real plus point
2) Located at Jonker street, we went on Friday so we got to walk the night bazaar which is really nice !
3) Hotel staff is really helpful - they will guide you on what is nice, where to go, etc
4) Room - clean and confortable with wifi and safe

I read some previous comments on the noise as it's just next to the stage. We did not face the same problem eventhough some performance was ongoing that night.

In short we just love it ! Will we come back again ? OF COURSE !!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rachel_ose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

This hotel is just @ the end of Jonker Street, the bazaar on every Friday to Sunday are right in front of the hotel, where you can shop, eat, or rest anytime as you want. My brother is happy with it's private parking, which are secure & convenience whenever you want to go out, it's hassle free even on the bazaar night! The rooms keep clean always, the most important is the people working there, they are very nice, helpful & friendly, we feel like back to home while staying there.
I'll be there again for my next visit to melaka.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main door direction are quieter, & rooms' long bath with separate shower...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank LaiMei630
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I cannot help but give the maximum star-rating for this delightful hotel. I have stayed in hotels the world over as well as run hotels myself in Australia under the Vista and Corus Group for a number of years. This is the first time I have stayed in Jonker Boutique Hotel and I will be there again on my next visit.

My 2 friends and I stayed only 1 night and it was an experience that will remain etched in our memory for a long long time to come. The check-in was quick and efficient. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Parking was a breeze with plenty of available space at the rear. The rooms were very clean and extremely cosy as was the toilet/shower. We had visitors who came to meet us in the Hotel and they were very impressed with what they saw. In fact some of them made themselves at home in my Room 202 and enjoyed 400 winks after lunch and actually refused to be roused from their slumber! They said that this was Home Away from Home par Excellence!

We had breakfast before we checked out and discovered the vast array of choices for our palates at very affordable prices. We lamented and regretted that we did not have time for lunch or dinner at the Hotel. Next time though. The prices are competitive and reasonable. Cannot complain at all.

The proximity to all that's happening in Jonker Street gives it an edge over many other hotels.

My friends and I will definitely be booking with Jonker Boutique Hotel the next time we are there. We will definitely recommend the Hotel to our friends and relatives.

My friends and I discovered a gem of an art masterpiece (unsigned) at the ground floor dining area close to the toilet. It is a painting that we discovered was done by the proprietor's young daughter. In my view, the work of art in bright Tuscany colours is an excellent Malaysian and modern equivalent of Vincent van Gogh's Sunflower series blended with Picasso's style of cubism (the eye, the lips) - a very profound and mature depiction of individualism and optimism which makes it all the more impressive given the artist's young years. My friends and I were unanimously of the view that this magnificent work of art should be placed in a more prominent place than where it is so that more art afficianados will be able to see and appreciate it. Incidentally the "Sunflower" work of art blends in well with the mirror decor of my Room 202. Perhaps the artist should be commissioned to paint more similar masterpieces to be placed in every room. (see the photos of the arat work and the mirror in Room 202).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Steven218
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

LOvely hotel, great location. Staff very helpful and friendly. Only small negative was the room wasn't very big, but we were paying for cheapest room so can't say too much. OVerall I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel or indeed staying here again

• Stayed September 2012