“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #6 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

Me & my gf stay for only one night in one of the deluxe room. I did not expect much with such low price I paid for. Upon entering the room, it was far beyond our expectation. hotel amenities are in fine quality. and not to mention the huge LCD tv just in front of your bed. we decide to cancel our midnight cinema show and to stay in and watch movie. they also provide parking for hotel guest and it's very helpful as getting a parking in Jonker street is very difficult. overall, value for money, great location, staff are friendly. only negative part it they do not provide breakfast. but you may get variety of food along the Jonker street.

1 Thank HoongYee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

First of all, let me say that Tripadvisor should have a "GOOD" rating option. Since it hasn't, I had to choose between average and very good... so I chose average, which seemed to me more appropriate, even though I would rate it as GOOD.
About the hotel, I've stayed there for 1 night (on Tuesday, November 20).
The first room we were given had a strong mold scent, which the staff attributed to the black color of the furniture (!!), and they immediately moved us to another room at the same floor (2nd floor).
Room was spacious enough, with a nice, clean bathroom. Since the neghboring rooms were vacant and I stayed there on a Tuesday, I can't comment about any noises, either from neighbors or from outside.
Internet connection was very slow and inconstant.
Hotel has no lift, so I wouldn't reccomend it for anyone not willing to climb stairs.
Location is quite central, at walking distance from any place you may want to visit.
Although we had booked a room with breakfast incuded, the hotel had no breakfast and sent us to a neighboring café, where we had (and paid...again.. ) à la carte breakfast, consisting only of toast and coffee, since there were not many other possible choices.
Staff is nice and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank luisito
Kuantan, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

Had difficulty finding way to the hotel so thought of calling the hotel for directions. However, the staff did not give clear directions and i end up going round and round. Reached jonker walk area but could not find the entrance to the hotel as there was night market which closed the road and access to the hotel. I would need to park far away and walk to the hotel.
Room is nicely decorated. However, the narrow staircase caused my mother almost fell down the stairs and lucky my husband was at the back to hold her.
My parents stayed in the room in front of the building and they could hardly sleep until midnight due to noise from the karaoke in front of the hotel. On the other side, me and my husband got the room at the back which is quite quiet. So would recommend not to take the room in front.
Service was moderate. The reception always with smiling face but some of the staff has no expression to the guest.
Had more bad experience than good staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Melanie T
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

Booked a room via agoda for the best room available and came in at only £64 (although it turned out to be £10 cheaper to do it direct on the hotel website, nice one agoda!).

Extremely friendly staff on arrival gave us a drink and settled us in with a local map, recommendations etc. Room was big, clean and had all the mod cons.

We were extremely pleased with the service and the room, the only gripe would be that the walls are thin, and there appeared to be a storage cupboard for cleaning staff right next to the room where all sorts of noises and clans were coming g out very early in the morning. There were some really noisy other guests who made it somewhat difficult to get to sleep.

When we left, the staff at the front desk even called our coach company to check where we had to go, and ordered us a taxi. First class service!

Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
Coventry UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

The hotel is situated at the end of Jonker street and the night market is set up in the streets outside the hotel. It is only a short walk to the river and rerstaurants of the old city. The hotel is beautifully clean with dark wood panelling with modern facilities. We received a warm welcome and the excellent staff arranged our travel on to Singapore - obtaining bus tickets and arranging a taxi to pick us up. Our room was on the second floor and was well equipped and immaculately clean. There is a small restaurant attached to the hotel which serves a value for money breakfast. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough !

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and with no lift this might be a problem for those with mobility is...
Kirton in Lindsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

Location of hotel on Jonker Walk so excellent for seeing the night market, sight seeing and close to restaurants and bars.

Room on the front of the hotel was large, good sized bathroom and large walk in shower. The room was clean and well equipped, apart from hanging space not wardrobe with only 4 hangers. Choice of TV channels was very limited.

The staff are welcoming. Check in and out was efficient and our bags were carried up to the room, which was good as stairs are very narrow and we were on 2nd floor.

As other people who have stayed have commented, there is a stage set up right outside the hotel and it is very noisy from later afternoon until about 10.30pm. We loved watching the entertainment though - it was a team of line dancers and we were not bothered by the noise as it finishes at a reasonable time. Bed was reasonably comfortable, although could have done with another pillow. Sure we would have got one if we'd asked though.

We had breakfast in the cafe attached - not a huge choice but it's nice to sit at the open air tables and watch the world go by.

For Malaysia I actually think the hotel is bit overpriced, particularly as there is no breakfast.

Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

An unprepossessing exterior hides very well-appointed if somewhat small rooms with lovely decor. The hotel is located at the far end of Jonker Walk which houses the night market. When I was there, a stage in the street right outside the hotel hosted loud amplified music. Ask for a room at the back where you will hardly hear the music. There is no lift, but only two storeys.

The one thing that let the hotel down was the breakfast arrangements. Breakfast was not included in my price, but I understood that you could pay for breakfast. When I came down in the morning I was told that all they had was toast. This really is not acceptable in a hotel of this quality. I would have given 4 stars if not for the breakfast.

It is an easy 10 minute walk to the centre of the old town and the river

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you want to get to sleep early
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo