“Average....”

Arenaa De Luxe Hotel
Ranked #77 of 167 Hotels in Melaka
“Average....”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

When I checked on the web, it shows 5 star boutique with 1 star price. Well, I had booked a twin-deluxe and once arrived, they have very little parking space. Those who cannot find one, need to park an empty space opposite the hotel beside a restaurant. The hotel lobby has some boutique style decoration, comfortable and welcome. The reception was quick and prompt.
For the room, it was small. However, the decoration was not interesting. Just added with some artistic picture, chair and bathroom wall tile, it did not make it a boutique.

Most of the accessories are using non-branded product which I never heard before, especially the Osuki LCD TV. TV reception was not clear. The bed was rather soft but still alright. For room cleanliness, it was fine. Bathroom was not that clean but the water pressure was good.

It is located at Ujong Pasir, which about 2 -3km away from Mahkota Parade. For those who are driving, it is not far from tourist attraction like Jonker Street. For this trip, we went to Cheng Ho Cultural Muzeum, Cheng Hoong Teng Temple and tasted the famous satay celup. Quite interesting places and food.

For the breakfast, this hotel has provided a 2 star food. It has very limited choices and the taste was not up to mark. The orange juice was too diluted and overall, it was very disappointed.
The rate for twin-deluxe is RM198 with additional RM2 for heritage tax. So, for RM200 for 5 star boutique and 1 star price room, it is simply misleading statement.

However, if you don't expect too much for "5 star boutique", well it is still acceptable. just ignore the "1 star" price.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Milky99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I'm having a rough time to choose place to stay in Malacca. Most hotel currently Full that time because of school holiday. After a little bit of research, I decided to stay at Arenaa De Luxe Hotel. Finding this hotel is little bit confusing and its a bit far from jonker and mall. They gave me twin bed deluxe room, I ask for double bed but said its full. The moment I step to this hotel, it so quite. Wonder where is the people when the staff said its "Full"? The hotel decoration is very nice and artistic. Room is a bit small for the price that being paid. They have LCD Tv but the things that I hate is no movie TV. Only local channel and star world, Espn & Wah lai toi. AT LEAST, Star movie is okay than star world. I feel so bored, nothing to watch. The towel given is torn (forget to take a picture of it) & there's a stain on it. *urgh. Same goes to the toilet. Not well clean. Furthermore, Its a bit noisy. I got room with facing the street. can hear the car pass by, honking and people walk by shouting. Can't really sleep! Plus the car park is limited. Things that I like is the breakfast is good and the hotel deco. Thats it! I don't know why this hotel rank at number 16 in tripadvisor. Very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dydhee

Travellers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have tried Arenaa Hotel's Family room last weekend and in general we got good service for the promotional price.

The Hotel itself is quite far away from everything for "pedestrian" travellers - main bus station would be 45-60 mins on foot, while the city center is like 15-20 mins, better to take a taxi (but do not forget to bargain the fare in advance).

The Family room is a spacious room with 2 queen size beds and a couch. Packing out for four adults is challenging due to the only one available hanging wardrobe, but it is not a real issue for 2 night stay. There are two air-con units which is very useful - no need to operated the one over the beds during your sleep. The room has a small fridge, a safe and a big LCD tv. The attached bathroom has a shower and a quite modern douch panel. The room has two small balconies as well, enough for step-out to have a smoke :)

Pro:
- good price
- spacious room
- air-con

Con:
- bedclothes and towels weren't unstained
- room cleaness could be improved
- shower curtain was missing which caused "flood" in the bathroom
- part of the furniture was still covered with the protection foil

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank vlaky
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Been to Malacca for my birthday celebration.

The rooms has been describe as in tripadvisor. Very different style of room decoration.

Pros:
- The whole room is clean, just a few hiccups. The spare pillow has some stain on it.
- Aircond work perfectly good.
- TV channel very suitable for all categories of ppl.
- The bed is very very soft
- lobby is nice and comfortable
- room size is smaller but still enuf to put luggage
- shower is something new i need sometimes to learn how to use it.
- room are connected with a door in the room
- Opposite hotel there will have a restaurant but only open at nite. Next to the hotel there is a malay restaurant.
- Opposite hotel also a yoga centre. u can go enrol for an hr of yoga.
- Hotel staff very helpful, a nite we forget out password for safe deposit box. We do go down to the reception to tell them the situation. Just less than 10min the staff come to help us.

Cons
- Tap on the sink unable to tightly close to stop water dripping
- Toilet unable to drain water immediately.
- Toilet is not very clean i still can see ear bud behind the toilet bowl.
- Room not enuf light but i feel its romantic.
- sound isolation is not tat good, able to listen to ppl talking quite loudly in the corridor.
- Next door neighbor drop something heavy we can listen clearly
- Breakfast very very dull. Just some bread, fried noodle, coffee, tea and fruits. No eggs no cereal.
- Parking is quite dangerous of losing our car. Car park is limited in front of the hotel. Ppl will park at the hydrant. I afraid if fire happen in the hotel. How fireman going to stop the fire.
- They have another parking opposite the hotel. But no guards to guard our cars. Anyone can park in there.

Room Tip: Choose room at the back of the hotel. So tat you wont hear the vehicle noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We travelled to Melaka at a last minute and it was a peak period to travel so most of the hotels in Melaka were fully booked. We found this hotel and upon walking in to enquire, they still have rooms therefore we took it up. They have a carpark for us which is great as some hotels in Melaka do not have carpark or lthey have imited parking place. It is a really elegant hotel.

It is a really nice room. However, the bathroom was clogged as the water took forever to flow out. We have highlighted it to the receptioniest upon checking out and she had taken note of it.

Functional breakfast but it is good enough. The hotel is not close to the historical places but with car it is still acceptable.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We chose the hotel for its fanciful pictures of the rooms it portrayed. They have many carparks for those driving in malaysia or from singapore. Location wise, guests mostly drive, if not it will be pretty inconvenient if you prefer to live in a shopping centred area. The room is really sweet as expected. One of the best boutique hotels i have stayed. Everything is practically beautiful. The room doesn't face any nice scenery with forests around it an empty field towards its left. All's good except the service. The reception actually gave another guest our room even before we checked out! But yeah we were past our check out time. We were shocked though when we were packing a stranger opened our door.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I loved this hotel the moment I stepped foot into it!

In a nutshell, here's why

The service was excellent, the broken light bulb was repaired within 15 mins just before Xmas eve, I forgot to turn off my car lights and someone did it for me, because I was too tired to walk back in the rain to the car park. The breakfast was simple and nice, the decor was extravagant and avant gardeish, have you been in a hotel in Asia with black as the theme? NO!!

I paid RM480 for this room, what happened was that my uncle decided on the last minute that he wanted to tour Malacca, on his 2 week from from UK. So I was frantically calling all hotels in Jonker Walk and they were so fully booked that I had to call the bigger ones but they were booked too so I started my search for hotels further away from Melaka town and found this one that had just the room I needed for 4 pax but at the price of RM 480 excluding RM 50 room deposit you pay upon check in.

The room I stayed in with my family had rotateable wall mounted 42 inch LCD TV, two air conditioned unit, a petite balcony facing the town and the sea far below, a chaise-lounge, 2 double beds, a minibar tucked under the dressing table, a huge stand lamp, a weighing scale, a full length mirror, cupboard with 2 extra pillows and built in light fixtures as well as safe deposit box in it.

There was three layers of curtains hanging and the array of colors was trully warming. Now, the shower!! By.Far.Hands.Down.The.Best.Hotel.Shower.Ever Aside the usual toiletries you find in all hotels, they had body shower jets, hand held shower and overhead rain shower mounted in the bathroom. The water pressure was amazing and it took me a while to learn how to user the shower jets!

We watched Xmas fireworks from the comfort of our hotel and in the middle of the night, we woke up when the guests upstairs got drunk and threw water glass which hit our balcony and smashed unto the balcony floor. Luckily we had the balcony doors closed otherwise there would be glasses all over the room! We stayed on the 6th floor, I think the room number was 618 or 612, its the first room on your left after you exit the elevator. Stays 4 adults.

The area of improvement for this hotel? I wished we had more ceiling lights/brighter lights instead of tiny yellow lamps because with the curtains pulled down, the room did get dark. I loved this hotel, and I would definitely come back!

Note that during peak period, parking would be a problem and you'd have park across the street but this is totally safe because there's 2 guards on shifts that watch the carpark.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family