“want a cheap place to sleep? this is for you.”
Review of Time Hotel Melaka

Time Hotel Melaka
Ranked #143 of 217 Melaka B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

I spend 2 nights in this hotel. the rooms are not fantastic very basic. the only good thing about the place is its proximity to some good restaurants. and the main shopping mall is within my ability. the front desk staff is friendly. So this is the place if u are just looking for a place to rest.

• Stayed: June 2012
There are newer reviews for Time Hotel Melaka

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Was in Malacca during the weekend for a night and was looking for budget accomodation in Melaka Raya area. Walked in and a room with windows was available at RM108nett. Room rates are RM30 lower on weekdays.

The hotel is walking distance to the shopping malls. It has its own car park area. The room was clean and the facilities worked fine. The airconditioner was new and silent. The room is small. It fitted a queen bed, a table and a chair. The toilet has a rainshower mounted on the ceiling in the middle of the bathroom. Good pressure for the shower but no temperature control for the water.
Our room was on the 1st Floor with a car park view. You can hear people talking at the car park and the locking and unlocking of car doors.

Lots of places to eat breakfast within 10 minutes walk of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My friend and I were at Melaka for just one night and we're looking for some cheap accommodation good enough to for us to sleep for a night. For SGD$40/night for twin sharing, I find that this hotel is not too bad, but if you're someone that is anal about cleanliness or a light sleeper, I would not suggest this hotel.

We reached the hotel at 12pm but couldn't check in because check in is at 2pm, early check in would require you to pay MYR20 extra. So we left our bags at the reception. The hotel is very near the megamall Dataran Pahlawan, and other major tourist attractions are all within walking distances. So location wise, this is a good choice.

Room was not too bad for the price we paid as it was clean in general, TV has HBO channel, there is heater for the toilet as well. They do provide towels (which has a musky smell, but was still okay to use) and shampoo and soap. Drinking water is available along the corridor, no bottled water was provided (you can purchase them at the reception for MYR1.50).

However, the room is not very sound-proof, so you can hear your neighbours talking or opening of doors. I couldn't sleep really well because of this. And also, we found out that the bedsheet was stained just when we were about to sleep, again it's still fine for us since it was at the side (just have to ignore it!)

What I like about the hotel is its free wife at the lobby which is really great! Although wifi signal is not strong in the room at all, we just had to chill at the lobby while using it.

For SGD $40/night, this wasn't too shabby, good enough for a night's rest, but I don't think I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The only good thing to comment is the location. Very near Dataran Pahlawan for shopping and most of the visiting historical sites are within walking distance!!

Hotel is uncomfortable. Very run down, looks more like a motel than a hotel. Beds are not comfortable, pillows very low.

But at its price, one cannot expect too much.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AGirlNamedLiza
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Wise choice n very close to the historical site and within minutes of walking distace to cafe, restaurant and pubs.. Get the room with the open view of Straits of Malacca. Hotel does not include breakfast but breakfast place is just 5 minutes walk away

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Time Hotel Melaka, Malaysia
29 Jan 2012
Complaint: Hotel fails to hold room to be ready at check-in time

My complaint is that this hotel is did not have my room ready for check in at 10:00am on 29 Jan 2012, even though I already paid in full for two nights for 28 Jan to 29 Jan 2012.

I wanted to use the room on 29 Jan 2012 at 10:00 am to 4:00pm (6 hours to rest after driving), and that is the reason I paid the for two room nights.

On 28 Jan 2012, I called at 8:00pm and told the reception to hold the room for me, as I already paid for the room and I am checking-in the next the morning. She assured me there is no problem as the room is paid for.

On 29 Jan 2012, when I tried checking-in, I was informed the room was sold to someone else, even though I have paid for the room. They wanted me to wait until 2pm to check in for the next night. That only gives me 2 hours rest and defeats the purpose of paying for two nights!

After some loud and angry conversation, I was given a room that is half-ready. The bed was made and floor cleaned, but bathroom liquid soap was not replenished and the remote for air conditioning did not work.

This hotel is unethical in selling a room that is already paid for, and failed to present a room that is ready at the check-in time notified. I consider it greedy and stealing from me. Cannot be relied on to honor reservation that is paid for.

Room Tip: Never trust this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ProudDad831902
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I booked six rooms in August 2011 and the following month visited the hotel to confirm my booking and the rooms preferred (five rooms on the first floor and the sixth on the second floor). When I checked in, in December I was given the fifth floor. Adding insult to injury, the counter clerk, supervisor I understand, said I checked in late and shouldn't complain. Checking in at 2pm or 2.30pm is none of anybody's concern. She had actually given away the rooms to others who had decided to extend their stay, which I think was wrong. They should have been moved to another room and not put us into discomfort.
Moreover, this supervisor, who claimed to be the manager too, has no respect for guests. She kept moving around and doing other things while 'ATTENDING' to me, the guest. I doubt she has the qualities to be at the front desk. Despite bungling the booking, she had no word of apology.
A guest was supplied with a blanket with a huge stain of blood mark. When it was brought to her (the supervisor) attention, all she had to say was, we must pay RM15 as it was a blanket requested. She didn't bother about the stain in the blanket.
Before checking in, I requested for an extra mattress, via en Email, and was promised one, on arrival. On the actual day, they had run out of mattresses. So a guest had to spent a couple of uncomfortable nights.
If this is what promoting tourism is all about, it leaves much to be desired.
Thank you.