Casa del Rio Melaka
US$186
US$154
Priceline
1,617 results
All reviewssorbetthe riverrooftop poolonde ondecinnamon soapjonker streetriver view roomturn down servicelittle touchessemi buffetcold towelsala cartebig bathtubbeautiful hotelceiling fanhard rock cafestone's throw
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Not often I witness out-of-the-world kind of service from hotel staff in Malaysia or from any other countries. This one more than exceeds my expectations. Here's why I say so:
(1) Moment I, my wife and my parents arrived at the check in counter, we were led to a nearby pavilion to wait while they process our check-in. We were served with tea and hot towels on a tray, and there's even a pandan leaf on the tray which they wrote on it "Welcome home Mr Justin Tan". Such thoughts and personalization!!
(2) Reception staff and porter have their smiles at all times, and the latter volunteered and carried our check-in sling bags immediately without hesitation to our rooms with us.
(3) Welcome snacks in the room with a welcome letter from their General Manager to me bearing my name.
(4) Upon returning to my room at night after shopping, to my surprise on the desk, there's 2 cupcakes (complimentary), their way to celebrate my birthday!! I was simply amazed and touched by such simple yet kind gestures.
(5) The two rooms we stayed are facing the river. Found them to be new, clean, tidy and spacious. Aircon works great, bed is comfortable. Bathroom comes with a big rain shower head. Also, bath salt is supplied for use in the big bathtub. Our rooms are the river view with balconies, great view!! Usual standard amenities are supplied, though I would prefer if they have included toothbrush/toothpaste and shaver as well.
(6) Breakfast is semi buffet, food is not fantastic (of course if you compare with the famous joints at Jonker Street e.g. Jonker 88, Nancy's Kitchen etc.) but good enough for our tastebuds.
(7) Hotel location is very good, a 5 min+ walk to Jonkers Street, 10 mins+ walk to Mahkota Shopping mall.
(8) Check out is fuss free and smooth. However, one minor hiccup occurred. When I first checked in, I was issued a ticket for parking my car in their underground carpark (foc parking for hotel guests). Upon check out, I asked the reception do they need to endorse or update the ticket so that I can leave the barrier carpark at the gantry. The reception staff said no need, just slot in the ticket at the gantry slot. When I slot in the ticket, display shows me my ticket is unpaid and to proceed to their carpark office beside the gantry. So, I have to reverse back and inform the officer there I am a hotel guest whom have just checked out. After few minutes of verifying, then the officer waved me on and opened the barrier. Slight hiccup, but not a matter of life and death I suppose.

Room Tip: If you're in your rooms most of the time, take their rooms with river view (slightly more expensive). If you're out most of the time shopping, I suppose their rooms with lago view (normal view facing other buildings) is good enough.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We stayed in the Casa Del Rio with my 2 year old. I have also previously stayed in the Majestic, so it was interesting to compare.
The location for the Casa was excellent, you couldn't have a better location, all shopping and historic centre was in walking distance.
The rooms were very large and overlooked the pool area, really beautiful to sit out at night and watch the beautiful fountain.
The rooftop pool was great, very spacious, with a small kiddies pool as well. The pool was much better than the pool at the Majestic, which is squeezed in and lacks a lot of sun and privacy.
The food was great, breakfast was beautiful and it was great sitting by the water.
The service was great, and really accommodating to my young son.

Definitely recommend, and I didn't think I would but we actually enjoyed the Casa a bit better than the Majestic!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2011

- walking distance to jonker street, save the time for getting a parking.
- lovely river bank view from room.
- awesome & creative room interiors.
- friendly & helpful staffs.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kumo_ayako
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We stayed there for 3 days and enjoyed every moments of it. When the manager, Aaron personally showed us to our room, we can feel that the hotel place great effort in making their guests their no 1 priority.Kudos also to Arul, whom made our breakfast a delight !
Thanks again !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This is a nice newly renovated hotel. When we stayed there in May 2011, it was still in the last phase of renovation completion. The room is spacious with great bath room and small balcony. Nicely decorated with traditional accent. Service is great and the staff tried so hard to make our stay comfortable. The location is also nice, walking distance to the night market, which is the center of attraction once evening comes. The swimming pool is not bad, although if you don't like tropical sun, it may be too much under the sun as it is located on the roof. Overall we have a nice stay in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family