“Business @ Casa”

Ranked #1 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Cypress, Texas
“Business @ Casa”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I routinely stay there as it is 1 of my companies preferred properties. The staff and my treatment is outstanding. Food in all venues is great. I have visited enough that many of the staff know me by name and I always recieve a warm welcome back. I notice they greet everyone warmly. They will do anything, within reason, to accommodate guests and their needs.

Room Tip: Rooms on the main entrance side can be bothered by barking dogs. Most room doors allow outside nois...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
ACT
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Gorgeous hotel - we had a river front room which I would highly suggest. Sitting on the private balcony watching the river is fantastic. Room was extremely comfortable.
Service staff are lovely - just not quite five star.
Pool is amazing but needs shade for the day time.
Restaurant and bar food is quite good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I first dealt with Wendy Wee, Senior Reservation Executive when I made the booking at Casa del Rio. Wendy was very accommodating, helpful and understanding with handling my booking. I explained to her that my mum is partly handicap and not in the best of health at all times. The particular room package that I wanted to book doesn’t allow for any changes. I advised Wendy that I may have to change the date of the booking in case my mum wasn’t well. Wendy was kind enough to allow me to change the date of the booking if needed due to my circumstances. Wendy was kind, polite and a delight to deal with for my accommodation booking at Casa del Rio.

Most of my family including myself are born in Malacca. Most of them have moved away but do visit Malacca periodically. I haven’t visited Malacca for many years now and thought it would be fun to do so. I selected to stay at Casa del Rio due to the location and recommendation by a relative.

We stayed at Casa del Rio for 2 nights. We booked 3 rooms (2 Deluxe Lago room, one which is a handicap room and 1 Deluxe River room) altogether. We were pleasantly surprised and very happy with our choice of accommodation in Malacca.

Casa del Rio is centrally located and easy walking access to most of the attractions in Malacca Town. We love coming back to Casa del Rio after a long hot and humid day exploring the streets and shops in Malacca Town. When you enter the reception/lobby area, is like entering “another world”. The place is cool and tranquil (most of the time).

The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated and designed with Peranakan elements in mind to honor and capture the Nyonya Baba Heritage. All the “little special touches and thoughts” make the rooms feel more comfortable and homely. We only dine at Casa del Rio during breakfast which was pleasant enough.

Senior staff members at the hotel are attentive and capable when dealing with my enquiries/guests. I feel that the junior staff members (trainees) should have more training with dealing with guests enquiries or when having to interact with them before actually dealing with “live” hotel guests. I find that they are timid and don’t communicate well. The front office Manager, Susan Lim is very lovely. She is knowledgeable, friendly and professional. She has a very welcoming and down to earth personality.

Our overall experience staying at Casa del Rio exceeded our expectations (especially for a small town like Malacca) and we have no hesitation in returning to stay there again when we return to Malacca for another visit. We have recommended Casa del Rio to friends and relatives who have already made bookings to stay end of this year and next year.

I suggest reading Sue Lynn T’s comments on Trip Advisor (November 2013). She has described and commented on Casa Del Rio Hotel superbly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Visited the hotel for a weekend getaway... It is not a cheap hotel and the staff service does not reflect the price they charge the guests. :)

We are happy with the hotel room and the restaurant where the breakfast is served - so those were a consolation. The completed river works help and played a big part in making the breakfast area a pleasing experience. Sunrise can be seen from the breakfast area.

The breakfast itself was poor...the food did not taste good (too fatty, tasteless and overnight taste) and the staff was bordering on being rude... :) eat fast and go back to the room to chill with your partner.... (or order room service....) :D

The room we stayed was super spacious and was tastefully furbished.

The location of the hotel is spot on - a short stroll from Jonker street and other interesting spots in Malacca....

Stay here if you want a nice room to get to know your partner better.. :D

Room Tip: Book early - two weeks in advance because you get a better price.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twinpiped
singapore
Reviewed 17 November 2013

If you're looking to base yourself close to Jonker Walk, Casa Del Rio is the place to stay. Just steps from Jonker, it's a great base to explore Jonker and Heeren, whether the sights in the day or the weekend street market at night.

The rooms are well-appointed with some balconies overlooking the river. We love the little touches, from the book with staff and guests' comments about Melaka, the 555 notebook, book on Melaka, rubber ducky by the tub, snacks in the room. Only downside is the bar further down is a little noisy but closing the balcony doors cuts most of it out. Breakfast is quite a feast, with a decent buffet with a balance of Western and Asian dishes. There is also the option of ala carte items such as eggs benedict.

It's an almost half an hour leisurely walk to Mahkota and Pahlawan. Taxis tend to get caught in traffic; the hotel can call for one.

A night here is more costly than the other hotels in town, but for the convenience to check out Jonker and the quality of the place, I would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank juzatourist
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Having watched CDR under construction over several trips to Melaka, we have long wanted to stay here. The reality has exceeded expectation. It is the perfect place to stay, comfortable, nice European feel and has attentive and courteous staff. We will definitely be coming back. Thank you to all the staff who made our visit such a memorable one.

• Stayed November 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Combine old world charms with modern facilities and breath-taking views, and you have Casa del Rio – a luxury boutique hotel that pays tribute to the cultural heritage of Melaka. Casa del Rio offers 66 luxuriously appointed rooms and is the only hotel located by the banks of Melaka river.

My Casa del Rio experience started with a refreshing lime sorbet upon check-in, and a cold towel to freshen up from the humidity of Melaka state. Soon after, I was lead to my room – beautifully decorated and designed, creatively blending Mediterranean style with Peranakan elements.

From my balcony, I got a beautiful view of the Melaka River and the clear blue skies. My bathroom was spacious and comes with a bathtub and a separate shower stall for convenience. The room also includes high-speed internet access, flat screen TV, iPod docking station, in-room safe and a mini bar.

While there are many nearby attractions from Casa del Rio, guests can also enjoy a day-in by checking out the rooftop infinity pool that offers a view of Melaka skyline. There is also a children’s pool for travellers with young kids. The rooftop gym is equipped with modern cardio training and strength equipment — perfect for fitness buffs, while those who seek a pampering experience may find one at Satkara Spa.

I dined at The River Grill for both dinner and breakfast the following day. I think they do pretty good local/Asian dishes so if you stick to those selections, you can’t go wrong. I especially loved the Thai-style prawn salad – robustly flavoured, fresh tasting and sweet from the seafood. Breakfast is half buffet and half ala carte, where you pick one main dish and get your breads, cereals, fruits and drinks from the buffet spread.

Casa del Rio boasts easy access to Melaka attractions such as Jonker Walk, Christ Church, A Famosa and St Paul’s Church. You can opt to walk to these sites (recommended) or take a taxi. The latter is more time consuming. Besides, you’re in Melaka. Walk, and explore!

Guests can also go for the river cruise, a service extended by Casa del Rio. River Cruisers depart daily between 9.30am to midnight on thirty minute intervals from the jetty on the opposite side of the hotel. The cruise cost RM15 per foreigner – adult and RM7 per foreigner – child. For locals, it’s RM10 and RM5 respectively. It’s best to go for the evening cruise as that is when the city is beautifully lit up.

Hotel staff were attentive to their guests’ needs. It was full occupancy when we were there and despite that, the staff remembered which guests needed to leave for Kuala Lumpur International Airport and arranged for the transportation based on the flight details.

Truly a Home by the River! I had a wonderful weekend at Casa del Rio. Prices are naturally higher compared to the rest of the hotels in Melaka but I reckon you’re paying for the overall experience and hospitality. I wouldn’t mind doing so on special occasions.

Room Tip: The rooms with river view are amazing, but they can get a bit noisy when musicians start playing fro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple