Casa del Rio Melaka
The Majestic Malacca(Melaka)
US$186
US$154
1,617 results
All reviewssorbetthe riverrooftop poolonde ondecinnamon soapjonker streetriver view roomturn down servicelittle touchessemi buffetcold towelsala cartebig bathtubbeautiful hotelceiling fanhard rock cafestone's throw
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had an about 3 hours drive from Singapore to the hotel, and was checked in with warm welcomes within 30mins by 2.45pm. While waiting for the check-in, we were being served with chilled hand towels and icy dessert.
Suggestions: It will be great if the hotel take note of our vehicle number and tagged it with our room number. Instead of us holding the carpark entry ticket throughout our stay.
(Complimentary daily cleaning of vehicle's windscreen/windows)

Stayed in the Studio King for 3D2N, the room is spacious (even the toilet).
-Toothbrush, Colgate toothbrush, shower cap, hair dryer etc
-Toiletries that are the same as what they have in their SPA (Had tried their in-house SPA)
Except that, the toiletries are stored in reusable 'ceramic' bottles (hope they had wash them after the guests had checked out), which are sometimes difficult to use as the flow are slow.
And a special-made soap (which we are allowed to bring home, as they provide a small sealable plastic for storing it)
- Channels like HBO, Fox movies, Sports and so on... (we are able to watch EPL)

Next, we tried their in-house SPA services (3rd Level), it was a couple spa with relaxing environment. We (husband and wife) selected one of the package for each of us, and was placed in the same room (which was spacious, equipped with couple tub and shower).
Our package: Foot ritual, Scrub/Wrap, herbal bath, massage and finished off with facial.
Paid about RM900. Nevertheless it was a good experience, and can be comparable to the spa services in Singapore.

Well, I admit all was good till breakfast (haha), frankly we are expecting Bacon, ham (no offense) but since it was Halal so... Needless to say. The choices are somehow limited, buffet spread includes porridge/nasi lemak, some dishes like chicken sausages, hashbrowns, cornflakes, bread, variety of jams and honey, and juices. With a choice of an ala-carte selection, like egg benedict, big breakfast, egg on toast etc.
Conclusion, there is still room for improvement for the breakfast buffet.

Their in-room dining (room service) is available 24 hours, with choices like porridge, chicken wings, popiah, fruits platter, sandwiches, salads and so on. Surprisingly, it was still warm when the food arrived, and it taste quite good.

Lastly, the hotel is very near Jonker night market (which is opens on every Friday to Sunday 5pm++ till 12am with road closed) and also walking distance to the main shopping malls.
Overall, I like the fact that every staffs greeted us whenever they walked past us, the hotel is quite secure (even the ground floor toilets are card accessed only), mini library that served Tea and Coffee is also card accessed only.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is the worse 5 star hotel I have ever stayed in. I booked this hotel because of recommendation from friends and the close proximity to Jonker. And also it's for a friend's birthday, I want a better hotel,
I emailed a week earlier (on sun) to request for some decoration in the room. There was no reply until wed, a staff called and told me that my email was in junk mail thus she did not reply. She said that they cannot provide birthday decoration and can only provide rose petals in heart shape. (How rigid). But nevertheless, I decided to have the deco and arranged for the birthday cake,
When I checked in on the day, I was told that we have complimentary breakfast for the next morning. I remembered that my reservation did not include breakfast, so I questioned the front desk staff who lead us to the room. He confirmed that we have complimentary breakfast without checking. So I thought that the hotel had include that for all its customers and didn’t thought more of it.
The next day, me and my friends went down to the restaurant for breakfast. Instead of going in straight, we waited for one of the staff to approach us. She asked for our room number, and apparently, it was not inside. So she proceeded to write down our room number. I questioned her again if we have the complimentary breakfast. Once again, she confirmed it and lead us to our table. We took our drinks and started on the fruits. Then this staff came back to us after almost 15mins and told us that we do not have complimentary! In the first place, I have made so many attempts to confirm with your staff on this matter yet no one bothers to check properly before giving a reply. And now, to make us look bad, she approached us after we started eating. All these bad experiences, but we decided to just pay for the breakfast.
After breakfast, we went back to the room and prepare to check out. We checked out at around 11a.m. I was showed 2 bills. One billed in the a A4 slip which included the room, cake and decoration, plus another slip for the breakfast. I told the front desk staff to put everything into the same bill and show it to me again. He said that it is already included. My other friends heard this as well so I gave him my credit card to complete the billing.
We then took the hotel bus to our destination. About half an hour to an hour later, I received a call from the front desk who told me that I have not paid for the breakfast! How ridiculous. This is the first time I have stayed in a so called 5 star hotel that has such unreliable staff and ridiculous service! The lack of attentive staff and their lack of interest to ensure guests enjoy is really......
On the good side, the room is nicely decorated and we used the heart shape rose petals and turned it into happy birthday. What is so difficult about that i cannot understand. Well, the room and the toilet is spacious. The roof top swimming looks good too and the distance to the streets are really great.

Room Tip: a courtyard view is good enough.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank AnnieTan
A_Nels0n, Manager at Casa del Rio Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Annie Tan,

Warm Greetings from Casa del rio Melaka,

We are indeed very sorry for not assisting correctly to clarify your simple request, I assure you that this is well noted and we will ensure this is not repeated, I hope otherwise you were able to enjoy other aspects of the hotel and service.

For readers of this review, we have also contact this guest directly on this matter, if you are looking to at different rates for the hotel we do offer room rates without breakfast, although most of our guest op to include breakfast, this is also recommendable as if you decide at a later stage the rate would be different.

For any further clarification please do not hesitate to contact myself on aarron.nelson@casadelrio-melaka.com.

Kind Regards

Hotel Manager Casa del Rio

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Casa del Rio is within walking distance from most of the tourist hotspots which is very convenient since parking can be very challenging in the area. Located near to Jonker Walk, Hard Rock Cafe and city other major attractions.

Stayed in a Deluxe Lago View room. We were charmed by its Mediterranean flair. The balcony had a nice view of the water fountain and Melaka river which made the ambiance more relaxing. You should see it at night. Wonderful view!

Pool is located on 3rd floor which is the roof top of the hotel. At the pool side you can feel the wind almost 24 hour non stop! My kids love it.

Lovely staff, top location, best bed we have ever slept in, great room layout, and in the bath there was a rubber duck.

Absolutely love it and will definitely come again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mork0707

Warm Greetings from Casa del Rio Melaka,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are happy to learn that you enjoyed the location which was convenient for you to explore Melaka.

Hope to welcome you again.

Best regards

Hotel Manager
Casa del Rio

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel last week for two nights and was really looking forward to staying here, unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations.

The staff are great but quite a few things just weren't up to a 5 star standard. We are arrived at the hotel around 2 pm after a 4 hour journey from Singapore only to be told that the room would only be ready at 3 pm, okay it does say 3 pm check in, when it got to 3.15 and they still hadn't told us the room was ready we decided to ask what was happening. Others guests who had arrived after us had gone to their rooms, we were told very apologetically that it could be another hour as there were a back log of rooms to be cleaned as everyone was checking out on the same day. Now, this is a hotel and surely this is what usually happens and should planned for.

We were given a free lunch as way of an apology in the River Grill but the food wasn't good, unfortunately, the breakfasts were equally poor each morning.

The rooms are very spacious and clean but somehow things at the hotel didn't ever reach the standards that a 5 star hotel should have. As mentioned above if it wasn't for the reception staff I would have given it a lower rating.

Room Tip: The River View rooms aren't worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mags010

Warm Greetings from Malacca

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your visit to Casa del Rio, I am quite concerned that you felt we did not live up to your expectations, you seemed to have been concerned over the room wait and the food.

I did check on the delay, this was due to your river view requested room, the other rooms checking in were the deluxe lago rooms, and as your room was for river view there was a delay due to the turnover cleaning, I do apologise for this, we could have given you an option for a Lago view room, yet you may not have been comfortable as this is not the room you book for.

You mentioned that the food was not to your liking, I am quite concerned on this matter, we usually get positive reviews on our food and breakfast, we have made considerable improvements to this including the quality of our ingredients used, I would like to request if you could email me directly on aarron.nelson@casadelrio-melaka.com on further details so that we can ensure to improve with your feedback, do note that our Executive Chef is prepared to create any dish to your preference if he has the ingredients available.

look forward to hear from you.

Kind Regards

Aarron Nelson
Hotel Manager Casa del Rio Malacca.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were a party of six and stayed for three nights. We abosutely loved it! The staff were so welcoming and friendly and our rooms were lovely. My husband and I stayed at this hotel in October 2012 and it made a lasting impression. This was my second visit but the rest of the party, it was their first. The breakfast was superb and the opening times were very suitable for the leisure traveller who may not want such an early start. The pool was clean and the view stunning. The only criticism is that there needs to be a non slip area around the pool side, as the floor is very slippery when wet as one of my friends found out! We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. In fact, other friends have also stayed at the hotel since our first trip and likewise were impressed. Keep up the good work! C Goodwin and party

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christine G

Dear Christine G,

Thank you for returning Home, it's great that you feel at home in Casa del Rio, we are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay again and this time you were able to share with friends.

Hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards