Much heard about Casa del Rio, Melaka, I finally got to experience this place for myself and family. We went in June for a weekend family getaway. There are glitches here and there (*feedback given to FrontDesk on departure, so I will only highlight the good points here and provide some tips to make your stay more enjoyable)
Melaka Suite Room 1888 /Location
We spent our time in Melaka Suite Room 1888, it was excellent, thou not greatly promoted by Hotel website descriptions. It is very spacious with lots of amenities- 1 living room /dining room ,1 king size bedroom and 1 twin single bed room, with GREAT sunrise and outdoor spaces , comes with an outdoor jacuzzi. The view is priceless. This room located at the north end of Casa del Rio, offering the view overlooking the Melaka River WaterMill, the bridge from Melaka Clock Tower to Jonker Walk.
Daily newspaper with little memo providing the weather and daily breakfast special , that is so unique!
Noise? Foul smelling River?
This room is just above River Bar and opposite the busy River Melaka Cruise area, and to our surprise , as contrary to other reviews,there was no noise at all , we slept soundly! And the river does not smell as bad as described by bloggers.
Access card is required to access facilities- library , washroom , and to room floors. I find this very good and rare features this hotel offers.
Service/ House keeping / Room Service
Excellent. Overall the staff are approachable and tried their best to serve. My Mother loved the complimentary birthday cupcake by Casa del Rio! There is evening turndown service, loved this service. The staff tried their best to meet the requests and friendly, also prompt!
Spa - Excellent- staff was very knowledgable, friendly , great smiles!! and EXCELLENT techniques! Better than the ones I had in Bali.
Pool - roof top pool with great view! Pool bar/ pool water/ cleanliness however during our visit was really disappointing, so do check it out yourself when you're there
Library - excellent , very quiet and relaxing room for reading and waiting. The room also offers coffee / tea making facilities , awesome!
Great selection of food - breakfast and lunch! For breakfast, we were spoiled with many choices, excellent coffee/ tea, newspaper . Lunch is very unique , peranakan tangkat set lunch is so delicious! Unfortunately, we didnt manage to have dinner at River Grill, so unable to commend much.
River Cruise / Trishaw Ride
As part of the promotion for Melaka Suite , we had complimentary river cruise and trishaw ride. I recommend the river cruise at night , we were picked up by the boat at Casa del Rio own jetty, how nice was that away from the long busy queue at Melaka Cruise Centre. The river cruise is great apart from safety *well maybe we are unlucky , there were no life jacket onboard!
I recommend the trishaw ride to be done at dusk, and ask for the trishaw Mr KaoChai (Puppy in cantonese) he was our trishaw man, he was passionate in commentary along the ride and not rushing at all, allow ample time for photo taking! You may consider bringing some mask for the trishaw ride. This is because trishaw may be trapped in traffic jam as the roads of Melaka city centre are very narrow the exhaust fumes can be suffocating.
Lastly, here are my tips:
- get Melaka Suite - breakfast + trishaw+ river cruise package.
- enjoy the great sunrise @ Melaka Suite jacuzzi balcony/ outdoor space
- request some tea candle for your aromatherapy pot, and mosquitoes coil
- each room only allows 3 devices to connect, so pick your devices wisely, otherwise you'll have to wait 4hours for the wifi portal access to reset
- book sessions when there is no kids at the pool / after pool hours. the spa is just next to the pool, noises from the kids may interfere the tranquil spa session
- Utilise the Library
- River cruise/ trishaw ride tips as above
- try the Peranakan Lunch
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa del Rio, Melaka, part of The Boutique Collection by HPL Hotels & Resorts, is located on Jalan Kota Laksamana, Melaka, a literal 2 minute walk away from the popular Jonkers Walk and heritage attractions. Keen observers will pick out the Arabic, Chinese and Dutch influences woven into the dominantly Mediterranean architecture. This boutique hotel, offering first class services, is already a striking addition to the historic skyline of the city. The hotel's 66 guest rooms and suites, each covering a minimum of 50 sq meters, uniquely feature dressing areas, bathrooms, split level bedrooms and private balconies as well as a number of unique personal touches. Aiming to provide an "at Home" atmosphere, Casa del Rio is a sanctuary from the city's bustle, with spaces for indulgent reflective solitude or stimulating interactive conversation depending on the choice of the traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa del Rio Melaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Rio Melaka Hotel Melaka