“best briyani's in melaka town”
Review of Deepam Restaurant - CLOSED

Deepam Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Malaysian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Kuantan, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best briyani's in melaka town”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

one should try their fish and prawn briyani... they are the best. in fact their chicken and mutton briyani also are nice...
prices are reasonable...
services are tip top...
like their environment... simple, good ambiance, and friendly crews.
always look forward to be there whenever i visit melaka.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank Ginny2856

Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Indian Food”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed in genting for a week. And barring the visit to KL where we tasted South India food at Saravana Bhavan and Sangeetha, the family was waiting for a good meal in Malaysia. The reason for this twofold. We are vegetarians and it was Ramadan time and the buffet had 69 dishes of which 66 were Non veg items, which we dont eat.
And then we visited Melaka for a day. Going by our experince in Genting, we were prepared for a Hungry day. After the morning sight seeing of the city, we were really hungry and visited the Turmeric Restaurant. There we were greeted with warm smile and ohhhh boy. What an authentic meal we had. It is an experince one has to feel. I personally dont like brinjal, but the Brinjal curry was simply outstanding. Hot rotis, yellow dal, ..........felt we were at home in India.
Would recommend a visit to anyone on a trip to Melaka or to others staying in Melaka and Malaysia.
Thanks to the management for their warm reception.
Ananth

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Ananth52
Malacca
“Really good food”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We love all sorts of Indian food and had been to this restaurant once before but because their menu is extensive, we decided to go back for another visit.
We shared a starter of mushrooms which were the most delicious thing ever and I could have eaten twice as many. My husband then had the Chicken Thali and was impressed by the variety of flavours. I had the Prawn Bryani and the thing that I liked best was that the prawns were completely de-shelled, so no mucking about was necessary! They were also well-coated by their marinade and perfectly cooked. The whole dish had a really complex flavour and was the just the right-sized portion. As a side-dish, although it is a main dish in its ownright, we shared Veggie Manchurian because we enjoyed it so much the first time and we weren't disappointed. The only thing is how to describe the flavour but as it's just not possible, you'll have to try it for yourself!
The owners of this restaurant seem like very friendly people committed to producing good food, the surroundings are clean and pleasant and the value is outstanding.
If you're in two minds whether or not to go or just want a change, I don't think anyone who likes southern Indian food could be disappointed.

4 Thank QPRfanMalacca
Melaka, Malaysia
“South Indian Food...at it's best!!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2011

The food here..is just...Awesome!!!!
The atmosphere is very calm and cool...It helps me just relax...Just me and a Filter Coffee with a Onion Pakoda...is enough...
Their choices for vegetarians here are very good!!!!
My favourite ala carte dish...Veg.Manchurian...
Just writing a review makes me hungry for some Mushroom 65....I'll be back for more with my friends next time..because,this is one restaurant where you can enjoy a meal with your loved ones!!!

Melaka, Malaysia
“A refreshing new taste.”
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Nice people running this restaurant and the food is good at a very good price.

Parking nearby is easy.

Will be going back as soon as I feel hungry again.

Harry.