“Short Stay Visitng Melaka in May”

River Panoramic Guest House
Ranked #67 of 227 Melaka B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This hotel has pretty good reviews as it's centrally located in Melaka. It takes about 20 mins to walk to Jonker Street or the main part. The receptionist was a Chinese man who was awful ! He couldn't give me directions and told me one museum was a half an hour drive away when it was only 20 mins walking distance ! He was rather rude too to one of my family memebers. The hotel is pretty clean and the best part of is the back where you can drink and have lovely views of the river.

I hardly got any sleep as my room was facing the street and there was loud music playing untill 3 or 4 am. There wasn't a phone in my room so I couldn't get a wake up call that I wanted. The paint on my room was peeling off as well and the locks were a bit dodgy. The price of the hotel is really good but I remember wishing I had paid a bit more money for a better hotel. I had hardly any sleep but it was great for exploring the city. I went to the Baby Nonya museum and the Cheong Hung cultural museum in the morning from the hotel. Its a good base to explore Melaka but if you can afford to pay a bit more for a better hotel I would !

Room Tip: not near the street as too much noise !
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LOUISA R

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Thin walled rooms, Karaoke bar blasting away until 2am 2 doors down. Staff unhelpful and very little info available on notice boards. I had to go to nearby backpackers to organise washing. Owner missing for 24hrs (despite a few phone call attempts) and I had to let in 2 x backpackers, 1 x car hire guy.

Air conditioning good, view over river and outside area good, but could do with sprucing up.

Dog is cute.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank travman999
riverpanoramic, Owner at River Panoramic Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

thk you .. we be update .. thk you so much

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The place is clean and neat. The owners are very friendly, helpful and fun.
The wood floor is quite noisy if having steps.
This place has good view in back balcony, if you are lazy for walking, just seat there for river viewing.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Diep N
riverpanoramic, Manager at River Panoramic Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

thk you so much .. hope to see you again .. and you comment ,,,

Reviewed 27 May 2013

this is a washrooms sharing type of hostel but situated in a house. Very clean and cheap. Only downside is if you have noisy roomies. We had our own rooms and the shared bathrooms were clean. But we had one night where there were very noisy boarders in the other rooms and they stomped the floors and banged their doors constantly, and it reverberated on the wooden floors upstairs. The house has a very quaint kitschy airy space in the middle with a fountain and constant tinkling of water. At night they put strobe lights on. We can hear the cooing of pigeons in the roof rafters and they fly about during the day. The backside of the house faces the river and you can walk out off the kitchen. Walking distance to Jonker Street and the fort. The owner's puppy, Chien-Chien is very cute and playful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank travelbugberni
riverpanoramic, Owner at River Panoramic Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Hello Thank you for your comments we have already renovated wish you a happy holiday my qiang qiang miss you too

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed with my friends for 2 nights, the place is very clean and comfortable, decorations are attractive. It is not luxury but very nice. If you are sick of walking the Jonker Street, just go to the balcony on the first floor, lay on the chairs, and enjoy the mesmerizing scenery of the Melacca River. Quite close to Jonker Street, but a bit far from the shopping malls. The best guest house ever and it even can beat most of the hotels in Melacca.

Room Tip: The rooms beside the pool in the house is quite nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Neverfail H
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I chose here because the location near the river and look nice.Even if it's quite far from Jonker street around 15-20 mins walk but it's easily access just walk along the river (Please keep notice, it located opposite WANA riverside hotel) The owners were very helpful and friendly.The room was spacious for one person like me and there was free WiFi available.What's a pity I'd just stayed only one night..TT.So I recommend if you are thinking to book there, it's worth your money.^^

Room Tip: the 2nd floor is the best.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank May P
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The amenities in this hotel is very clean, you got clean toilet, clean room and good atmosphere. Hotel location is just nearby all the happening places and historical buildings.
My room is located at the ground floor near the kitchen and bathroom. Is just happen there are this family with children which playing around when the family members are preparing the food. Stayed for 2 nights and it happen for 2 nights. Is just not my luck… The hotel also own a puppy and once a while it will make noise to get some attention or food. If there were no noise pollution, this hotel would be perfect.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DT1980
riverpanoramic, Owner at River Panoramic Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

thk you so much you stay here ... the rooms we alreay repair .. thk you : 4 you Opinion