Pergola Hotel
US$48
US$45
US$105
Hotwire.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I went to Malacca to visit my relatives as well to do my customary wedding. Due to my hectic schedule I decided to put up at a hotel for 2 nights instead of staying with my relatives. Was pleasantly surprised at what I got for the amount I paid.

At about $168 ringgit a night for weekend I got a clean and comfortable room, which is what I look for in a hotel room stay being in the hotel industry as well. The price was budget but the room was certainly not. Bed was covered with a thick and fluffy blanket and soft pilows, didn't want to wake up after a night of clubbing! A plus point is that the staff all can speak english, inclusing the chambermaid!

The famous Teo Chew Bak Kut teh was like 10 min away but don't forget they close on mondays. Also, being in melakaraya we are able to walk to many shopping centers nearby and clubs.

I am satisfied with this hotel and would look forward to my next trip.

Room Tip: I would like to try the balcony rooms on my next visit
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Keith C
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Pergola is a small boutique hotel at a relatively convenient location. It is very new and clean and the staff are generally quite helpful. Ample parking space at the back of the hotel which supposedly is guarded by a person and monitored by CCTV (according to the hotel staff). There is free wifi too! Check-in and check-out were hassle free. We got the family room which was spacious and the beds were very comfortable.

Only beef is there were coffee stains on the floor and the bed beside it, probably overlooked by the cleaner.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank sherrie79
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Stayed here with family on the 6th June 2011 after checking out from another hotel nearby due to our unsatisfaction towards their rooms. Pergola Hotel is just a block away from the first hotel that we booked earlier. And we found it was fantastic in most aspects. We just need a place to relax and sleep for our 2 days break in Melaka.

We booked a Family Suite which cost us RM278 per night without breakfast (which we don't mind since there were planty eateries around the hotel). The suite provides 1 an extra queen size bed and 2 single beds, small living area with flat lcd tv 32". Coffee making facility, air condition, wardrobe, writing table and chair, sofa and coffee table.

It was very clean with wooden laminated floor and the bathroom with high pressure rain shower with hot water. Everything in the room worked well and we highly recommended the hotel to people who wish to explore Melaka.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family