“Nice & comfortable”

Ranked #97 of 208 Melaka B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice & comfortable”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I love the room...the room was so clean & spacious. Especially the bed...so comfortable :)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MiaAdania

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Great experience especially the 5star bed n pillow! Lov it. V hv a 2 bed room suite! Nice view, great spacious room! Comfortable beds!

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Gsdslover
Singapore
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I was in Malacca with friends. There were 5 of us and we got a family suite.
The room was clean, spacious and away from the traffic. Sheets and towels were clean and fresh smelling. I must say that the bed and the pillows were very comfortable. 5 bottles of drinking water was placed in the room for us when we arrived so it was a pleasant surprise that small details like these were not missed.
We were also happy that the foldable bed which was quite sturdy, not the lousy squeaky type. On the first day, it was on placed in the centre of the room. This made the room looked small. On the second day, the housekeeper took the initiative to rearrange the foldable bed in another way so that it was next to the 2 single beds and this made walking the room much easier.
Beside, the hotel is OleSayang a very good Peranakan restaurant. A walk towards the malls, you'll find Secret Recipe and if you turn into the small lanes on your left, you find even more local style eating.
We like the Ah Huat Coffeeshop(Malaysia style tze char for supper) and facing them is Ee Ji Ban Chicken riceballs and a bak kut teh coffeeshop. We tried all three and they were superb.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank tarcee
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I went to Malacca to visit my relatives as well to do my customary wedding. Due to my hectic schedule I decided to put up at a hotel for 2 nights instead of staying with my relatives. Was pleasantly surprised at what I got for the amount I paid.

At about $168 ringgit a night for weekend I got a clean and comfortable room, which is what I look for in a hotel room stay being in the hotel industry as well. The price was budget but the room was certainly not. Bed was covered with a thick and fluffy blanket and soft pilows, didn't want to wake up after a night of clubbing! A plus point is that the staff all can speak english, inclusing the chambermaid!

The famous Teo Chew Bak Kut teh was like 10 min away but don't forget they close on mondays. Also, being in melakaraya we are able to walk to many shopping centers nearby and clubs.

I am satisfied with this hotel and would look forward to my next trip.

Room Tip: I would like to try the balcony rooms on my next visit
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Keith C
Singapore
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Pergola is a small boutique hotel at a relatively convenient location. It is very new and clean and the staff are generally quite helpful. Ample parking space at the back of the hotel which supposedly is guarded by a person and monitored by CCTV (according to the hotel staff). There is free wifi too! Check-in and check-out were hassle free. We got the family room which was spacious and the beds were very comfortable.

Only beef is there were coffee stains on the floor and the bed beside it, probably overlooked by the cleaner.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sherrie79
Seremban
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Stayed here with family on the 6th June 2011 after checking out from another hotel nearby due to our unsatisfaction towards their rooms. Pergola Hotel is just a block away from the first hotel that we booked earlier. And we found it was fantastic in most aspects. We just need a place to relax and sleep for our 2 days break in Melaka.

We booked a Family Suite which cost us RM278 per night without breakfast (which we don't mind since there were planty eateries around the hotel). The suite provides 1 an extra queen size bed and 2 single beds, small living area with flat lcd tv 32". Coffee making facility, air condition, wardrobe, writing table and chair, sofa and coffee table.

It was very clean with wooden laminated floor and the bathroom with high pressure rain shower with hot water. Everything in the room worked well and we highly recommended the hotel to people who wish to explore Melaka.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family