“Hardware there, software missing”

Euro Rich Hotel Melaka
Ranked #53 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Singapore, Singapore
“Hardware there, software missing”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Wanted a quick getaway to malacca with family. In late Dec where most of the hotels will be booked, Euro rich was available so we had a go. The location and lobby gave good impression. It was easy to locate & park, and the lobby is cooling and nicely furnished. Even elevator is nice. Its easy to appreciate the investment made by the owner.

But in the room it begins to disappoint. The floor is dusty, bedsheet was not cleanest, and toilet floor is slippery. To the benefit of the staff, the slippery is due to ponding from bad design; but we believe more can be done to at least maintain the overall condition.

The following morning, the hotel did redeem itself from the nicely prepared breakfast of local delights. Which is pretty decent, especially the curry chicken. Helps to spice you up for the journey home, after the less than perfect sleep last night.

If you are not the fussy sort, and would only need a night stay or two, you can consider euro rich melaka when the price is right.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Jingxiang_Lin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed here with my partner for 1 night and I was glad that I selected this hotel. Yes, it takes 15 minutes to go to the Jonker walk area, and 10 minutes to the Pahlawan Mall. The service is ok, the breakfast is not great. but the bed is comfortable. The room was without window and I was not happy in the beginning, but then it was ok. I always reminded myself that the design of the room and bathroom is very good for a budget hotel. It is recommended for anyone who like to walk.

Room Tip: I suggest to book rooms with windows if you are claustrophobic
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blueblowfish
Channel Islands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Im feel so upset because the front desk are rude and not smile at all. This girl name khaty or kahty im not so sure are make me feel like im not paying for staying there. Dont call your hotel as a hotel. Its just like a home stay for me.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The hotel is new which is from a shop lot area turn into a hotel which other few hotels is also available. Receptionist service could be better probably they are given chairs to sit that why they are a bit reluctant to give a better service. For a small lobby the AC is too strong. Room is small but acceptable for what I paid (RM80.00 via Agoda) without any wardrobe. Only local TV channels available but mostly blurry but they do have Fox Sport channel. Bathroom is a bit moldy in certain areas, but it is very very slippery once the floor is in contact with water. Breakfast is manage by a few bangladeshi whcih give better service than the reception and the food is good enough if you are not a big eater. Walking distance to main area but you need to cross a few roads which there are a few local restaurants and more small hotel nearer to the center.

Woodlands, null, Singapore
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I was there on last weekend with my family spent 1 night in this hotel family junior room, the enviroment is quite okay and the room is okay, good and clean, just the counter service is very poor! The 2 malay girl, keep talking to each other when we stand in front of them, by right they should serve us and proceed to our check in first due to we travelled so far journey, we need to rest.We stand there for around 10 mins, and we seems like transparent, they can't even see us!
I suggested you should improve your service. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I managed to get confirmation for 2 nights at this hotel after trying several others which were fully booked. The room is small, no wardrobe just 2 hangers for you to hang your clothes. Walls are thin, you can hear people walking, talking and children running at night and early in the morning when they checked out.
I totally agree with the rest, the toilet is very slippery and the water pressure is very low.
Luckily I got a room with a window, I opened the window for awhile to air the room of the musty smell.
Breakfast was so-so and wifi is lousy.
The good thing is distance from Makota Parade is about a 10min walk.
The room comes with a hair dryer, kettle, complimentary coffee, mineral water and toiletries.

Room Tip: Must have a room with window.
Klang, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 December 2013

HOTEL ENVIRONMENT
This hotel just finished their renovation. Melaka is free zone smoking area, which same goes to this hotel. You can’t smoke inside the hotel or even outside the hotel, as long as that place got tourist. My comment about this: It’s good idea to keep the clean environment but may be they can provide smoking room.

HOTEL REGISTRATION
Everything looks nice at receptionist. The registration take around 15 minutes. The staffs are friendly, hotel paid our parking as long as we stay at their hotel. We take room without window, cost us around RM80. Quite cheap.

ROOM
The room is very small. Room without window - make it feel smaller and feel like sitting in a box. The room is smelly. I need to use my own perfume as air freshener!

Toilet is slippery – beware. Water pressure in the toilet – very low. The towel is smelly. Totally unacceptable. I wonder what soap is they used to wash the towel.

COMPLIMENTARY
2 bottle of drinking water
2 packets of 3in1
Shower gel and shampoo (if you don’t want to smell like their hotel fragrance, please avoid to use their shower foam)

ROOM SERVICE
Room service very slow. I called their room service, request for iron and iron board. After 30 minutes, I called them back because I still did not get the iron and iron boards. They said all their room services staff are having break time. Usually, the room service staff will take turn to go break to make sure still got staff to back up. I only get my iron and iron board after 1 hour and 30 minutes.

After use the iron, need to put the iron and iron board outside the room. For me this is normal. But, the special thing about this is you also need to call their room service to inform them that you already put the stuff outside the room. “So great!”

BREAKFAST
Buffet breakfast at their coffee house. Their coffee house very small. Some guest need to wait to be seated.

Breakfast provided: fried meehon, fried rice, hotdog, baked beans, bread with jam and butter, coffee and tea, orange drink (it is orange cordial, not juice). Taste of their food is 50-50.

Another shocked thing: Their hotel staffs take their breakfast in the coffee house. I can see some of the staff did their toasted bread and the hotel guest need to wait until they finished.

OVERALL
If you only want to sleep at hotel, than this is your choice plus the reasonable price. But if you're planning to stay in the room for relax, my suggestion is this is not hotel that you want,

Room Tip: Room with window will cost you another RM19.
4 Thank ghostriver