“Excellent Budget Hotel”

Ranked #55 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Budget Hotel”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed at sunshine inn for 1 night for weekend getaway. We do not have high expectation while booking this hotel. Our check in was smooth, the receptionist even recognized us without having to give our personal ID card to her. Though it was a hotel built from a shophouses lot, we were impressed with how spotless-clean the room is. Yes, it was a small room, but we were satisfied with all the facilites and the bed was very comfy. Will be back soon!

Room Tip: Since this is a budget hotel, all room has same views. No worries. They are all clean~
3 Thank pearl_lynely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
London uk
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is a small, clean, 2 storeys hotel, it does not have catering facility but has a kettle in the room for making tea and coffee, more tea bags and coffee sachets can be obtained on the ground floor. We stayed here twice now, on both occassions the room was cleaned and was provided with cleaned towels, tooth brushes and grooming kit daily. If you have big suitecases request for a 1st floor room in advance, otherwies you might have to struggle up the long stair case. The daytime staff was very helpful, unless you want to leave the hotel before 7am, than you would have to wake the night staff up!!!

The hotel is located a good 10 mins+ walk from the Mahkota centre along a busy street with plenty of coffee and cake shops and restaurants. I would rather walk it than paying the extortionate default RM15 for the 2 mins ride by the non metered taxis, or you can use the air conditioned bus, once you know the timetable.

For the price this is a very reasonable place to stay for 3-4 days, I would have rated excellent but I don't want you guys to overwhelme it!!

Room Tip: Read the review!
2 Thank spc2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We booked this hotel online for 8 nights, but we finally stayed only for 5 nights - although we lost the money payed in advance for those 3 nights, we had to change the hotel. We really are not those spoiled tourists who complain about beeing provided with 1 towel only instead of 2, but we had to complain about this hotel at least twice. First after our first night when the staff had a party right in front of the hotel till 2 a.m.!!! Although they really tried to make it up with us after our complaints (many apologies, some drinks...). But next time we didnt sleep at all again because of extremaly noisy neighbours who came very late and were noisy during next couple of hours (I don´t mean taking shower - I mean loud TV and music, hitting the doors all the time, very loud talk...). After our second complaining we were told that these people had already checked out. O.k. We gave this hotel one more chance. But after the last night we didn´t even complain - we just checked out without a word...It was after next sleepless night thanks to the noisy neighbours (shouting, music, hitting the doors, door alarm like 10 times in 20 minutes... the didn´t stop until 8 a.m.!!!)
I understand good reviews of this hotel - it´s new, modern, stylish, perfectly clean, not very central, but not so far to the downtown. But if u r unlucky and get noisy neighbours or come during the staff party time - u will not sleep whole night! So either try and maybe u will be lucky (we were for 1 night only out of 5) or rather try another hotel...

2 Thank marydi

Travellers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 June 2013

U will be amazed how everything is well prepared and make u feel like home, even cozier fr home! The inn is so colourful that it makes u feel so good and happy! Cant wait for the New buildings on the other side to be done! Love the humble boss too!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Mochademand
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I was on a business trip to Malacca for three weeks and chose this hotel after searching online for economy hotels with great service. Based on the Trip advisor ratings and reviews from other guests I booked this hotel. Having stayed for so long, I cannot agree more that I had a wonderful stay.
The room provided was cozy, bright and equipped with all modern amenities. Attached bathroom was perfect for a relaxing bath. Bed was cozy enough to give a good night's sleep. Free wi-fi was bliss. Although language was a barrier with the room boys, front desk staff was so helpful and friendly that I felt like having stayed at a friend's place at the end of third week. Their positive attitude towards guests, treating them like one of your own, makes you very comfortable.
Compared to one of the high budget hotel rooms, which I had a chance to visit during my trip, the room I stayed in did not lack in most of the comforts. One thing I felt missing was a restaurant. But, with their expansion plans I think it is a matter of less than 2 months that they will have their own restaurant. With more rooms, restaurant, dedicated parking space and continued good service, I think they can be one of the best hotels in Malacca. In all, if you are a kind of guy looking for luxuries like a gym and a swimming pool, this is not for you. If you are a small family and looking for a good and economic place to stay during your holidays or if you are a lone traveler, this is the place to go.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank viji_hi5
Singapore
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Sunshine Inn was an unintended stay as nearby hotels were only left with larger rooms during my last out-station to Malacca.
Initial reaction was skeptical and wondered why rooms were still available here while others had sold out.

The moment I stepped into their room, I was pleasantly surprised. Although the room is small, it is very well laid out. The area is clean and the overhead shower is a great stress reliever after a hard-day-work doing sales in sunny Malacca.

I am actually so impressed with them that I have paid deposit for rooms on this coming school holidays, bringing my family to experience the warm of Sunshine Inn.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Pooh301
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 5 May 2013

If you are looking for a great place to stay while visiting Melaka, Sunshine Inn will fit the bill. The rooms are very small but one of the cleanest places I have stayed anywhere. There were some extra small touches that made the room more than just an ugly box. I liked that the shower had a door which is not common here in Malaysia. Daniel, the manager and all of the staff were very helpful.

The location is great. My husband and I walked to Jonker Street and A Famosa easily within 30 minutes. There are lots of restaurants around the hotel. This is not a "downtown - central" location but it is still located within walking distance of just about everything you would want to see. This is definitely not a hotel where you stay in and relax. There is no view out the window except a very unattractive laneway and the room has only the bed to sit on. However, if you're in Melaka for business or sightseeing, then it is perfect.

There is not a lift/elevator in the building but the staff brought our heavy suitcases up and down the stairs which was much appreciated. Complimentary water was also provided each day. Great value for the money and exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple