“Doesn't Deliver”

Venus Boutique Hotel
Ranked #65 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Wanting to stay in this area, I found it hard to book a hotel as there are so many options in this area. What swayed me was the fact I was arriving late, and on the trip advisor website they did a special nonya set for 2. Well, of course when I arrived they new nothing of it, they will check the website, etc. etc. A nice piece of false advertising that should be taken off the website. Don't be fooled, there are cheaper options around the place, and just as good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Koon Jit T, Owner at Venus Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Wayne_Shawn,

Thank you for your stayed at Venus Boutique Hotel for your recent trip at Melaka. I apologize for our mistake and make you had a disappointment experience in Melaka. We had took down the advertisement, and will pull in a new advertisement. The find out of the above mistake (Nyonya Set for 2 person) is because we are using the new tools to make this special offer. We lack of experience to double check how is the print out at customer view website. We are very sorry for the above mistake made.

We would like to clarify that we do not make fools of our guests and we never. We pay attention to every guest that we met. We always do the best we can to please everyone as much as possible.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and we will improve our website advertisement. Thank you very much, and hope to see you soon. :)

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Checked in the above hotel on 13th August...location - easy to find, lots of parking space under an overhead bridge. very polite staff at the reception!
We had a family room for four + a 2 years old kid..room is clean although is a bit small.
The best part is that we were at the same level with cars keep running on the overhead bridge, though is very near to our room,but there were not noisy at all !
We had a good time in the hotel .. simple breakfast but what to worry, Melaka had lost of street
food to enjoy!

Room Tip: they provide everything a guest need..no need to bring much personal belonging ( clothing of cause y...
2  Thank FamilyTrip612
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Was in Melaka on the first day of Raya. Manage to book one family deluxe room. Was impress with the hotel and the room was clean. The staff was very helpful with the check in but the most surprising thing was the breakfast, simple but good. Unfortunately we could not extend another night as the hotel was fully booked for the second day of Raya....but I don't blame the hotel, we decided last minute to extend another day. Will definitely stay at Venus boutique Hotel again.

1  Thank SCheng01
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The hotel was clean. I like it because they are one of the few that offer free carpark (this is under a flyer over bridge just outside the hotel. They served breakfast, little variety but for 6 Ringgits, no complain. They also have lift that serve every floor. The room is a bit small, not sure is it that they give us one that is at the corner, try not ti choose that one if you have a choice. Location not too bad, near Mahkota Shopping centre and a 10 minutes walk to Jonker Street.

Room Tip: Avoid getting room in the corner, they are a bit smaller.
1  Thank yks007
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Hotel was 70% complete so was unable to receive its full facilities. Rooms was a bit small though its nice and comfortable. Location is excellent, walking distance to Mahkota, Dataran and the historical sites. Only setback is the parking facilities for those driving, although they do have a small carpark which is under the overhead bridge, it could have been paved for better access.
Overall, as I said it's a good place for a quick get away or a stop over. Hope when it's completely finish the facilities will be better.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We went there with a family and room were good,clean n etc.Location wise,not that bad as Mahkota Parade was only about 5mins walk,Taming Sari and historical places just minutes away from the hotel.Since we booked a few rooms,just by asking 2 more towels the Housekeeping staff told us that 'if you need more than 2,you would have to pay about extra RM5 each'.that was so pathetic!!and fyi me myself is currently a Hotelier and worked in a 3 Star Budget Economy hotel in S'pore and guessed what?!We wouldn't charged anything for guests if they request anything within the room amenities,we would gave them more towels,pillows and etc without CHARGING them.we would come back to the Hotel if the Management would look into this as It's really unfair,I could pay the sum but it doesn't really make sense at all.And Reception staff lady with the Tudung wasn't friendly no smile nor greetings.And the room weren't made up even we wanted them to make up though.

Room Tip: Food wise,not a problem.Alot of variety nearby.take taxi when necessary as they don't follow met...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sapteha
Koon Jit T, Owner at Venus Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Sapteha,

Thank you for choosing Venus as your host for your recent visit in Melaka. We are glad to grab the chance to serve you, but unfortunately we disappoint you. I represent my whole crew to make a great apologize for what you've experienced in our hotel.

For any request in the future, please inform our receptionist for the arrangement. Internally, we will find solution for the matter that you faced before.

Regarding my front liner, I'm truly apologize of her misbehave on that day. We will remind her. We will be glad for your next visit, hopefully you can see our improvement at the soonest.

Thank you again for your feedback and it's really needful for me. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Melaka has been a frequent destination for me but this was my first time staying in Venus. My reason for staying here was simple, it's within walking distance to most places a tourist would go. Mahkota mall, Dataran Pahlawan, World Heritage, Mahkota Medical, and my personal and religious preference, NADEJE layered cake! hahaha...

Anyway, Venus is definitely a nice boutique hotel with budget pricing. I stayed in the standard room. The room and bathroom are small indeed so if you don't like cramped space get the bigger room. The interior is nice. Lobby has adequate size, a sorta chilling area for guests, and decent size restaurant/cafe. It came with breakfast for two, which was extra for me since I usually venture outside and try out different Melaka local food. I did try the breakfast one morning. The spread is limited but the taste is definitely good for hotel standard! You got noodle, sausage, egg, cereal, juices, toasts, and the standard.

I am a very detail-oriented person and love to find even the smallest faults in rooms. And I can name you a few right now but I won't do it because it would not be fair. Why? Well, you can't expect a 3-5 stars hotel treatment/facilities for what you pay here. And I truly believe you can't get much better out there for this price range.

Finally, I am giving Venus a full rating because of its customer service standards and honesty. They have good mannerism and courteous towards us. Honesty because I left my laptop in the room only to realize it late at night. I called them and they told me they are keeping it for me. I went back the next day and found my laptop in perfect condition. I wonder, for a hotel this size, for the price you pay, how many such hotels would actually return a laptop left by the guest? I don't have the stats but I certainly would not want to push my luck too far :) So props to Venus staff for their honesty!

Cheeerrsss