“The Best Laksa I Have Ever Had!”
Review of Poh Piah Lwee

Poh Piah Lwee
Ranked #24 of 671 Restaurants in Melaka
Price range: US$0 - US$4
Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian, Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: Situated just next to Jonker Street, offering mouth-watering delights such as poh piah, rojak, laksa and nonya dumpling.
Melaka, Malaysia
“The Best Laksa I Have Ever Had!”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I was looking for the long lost taste of laksa that I had forgotten where I had tried before. I could only remember there was some finely chopped greenish vegetable floating in the gravy.
Then came one day my Mother wanted to have Popiah and asked me to bring her to the nearest restaurant I could find. So there we were in this tiny little shop.
I saw laksa so I ordered one serving for a try. The laksa beehoon was served in a dainty stainless steel wok with shrimps, tau pok, cockles, bean sprouts, thin strips of cucumber and finely chopped greenish vege!! And that was the exact flavour I had been looking for! Yum yum!! The gravy was thick enough and the aroma was irresistible. I couldn't help but take a second serving and promised myself no more other stall of laksa but this one.
However, as the gravy is cooked using coconut milk, the calories are high. Consume it with care.
The popiah and rojak are also a "must try" when we go there every time.
Find out yourself and enjoy!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank 916Sam

• Indonesian first
Tiong Bahru, Singapore
“NOMZ”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We had the laksa, popiah and rojak! Portions were good to share with a mate. I like the laksa the most! Gravy was just right for me.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Farah L
San Francisco, California, United States
“Tasty”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Great popiah, great laksa, and great nonya style dumplings. The chef is really friendly too.

• Visited February 2012
melaka
“it's so different and very,very good.”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Located in between little india and chinatown. and the food is excellent and at least you know what ur eating.

1 Thank shajipapa
Forfar, United Kingdom
“The Best poh piahs in Melaka”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The poh piahs are THE BEST - last year we went every afternoon to get our fix. The woman who makes them touts out the opening saying they are the best poh piah and she is not over-boasting - they are!! The laksa is also very good.
This year we stayed in Melaka during the week and were disappointed in that she wasn't open every day and then one day (Wed I think) she didn't serve the poh piahs, but we had the other specialty she made - see photo, sorry can't remember the name of them, but glutonous rice with blue colouring and sweet-ish pork in the inside. Okay, but not my cup of tea.

• Visited December 2011