“Excellent small hotel”
Review of Hotel Hong

Hotel Hong
Ranked #3 of 227 Melaka B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and although a fairly small room, found it to be very clean and comfortable with very friendly staff. It was good value for money and only a short walk to Jonker Street. The owner took the two of us and another couple on a tour around the area and we were driven to the bus terminal on departure day. Would definitely stay there again on any future trips and will recommend it to friends

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Excellent little hotel about 5-10 mins walk from the main road (Jonker St). The room was clean and bug-free which was great. The lady on reception didnt speak much English but she was so lovely and made every effort to advise and help us. We arrived really late and she gave us directions to some cheap but delicious local cafes. Each morning there was a local pastry or fruit for guests which was a nice gesture. The lady explained what was in them and they were always really tasty! The free internet, computer, printing facilities and bus transfer back to the bus terminal was a bonus. The driver refused the tip and insisted it was all part of what we paid for already so we really felt like they cared about us as guests.

Cons would be that the room was quite small so we struggled with space for suitcases - though it is worth mentioning that it was the biggest room out of Singapore and KL hotels of a similar standard. It wasn't smack bang in the centre either but to be honest it is so close to the main street it hardly made a difference. I highly recommend this cheaper option hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Although the description can give the impression that the Hotel Hong is on Jonker Street, it is slightly removed (an eaasy walk), although very close by in Jalan Masjid. The hotel is clean, neat tidy with helpful friendly staff and good rates. Overall, Hotel Hong is good value for money and well located close to the heritage centre of Malacca. You'd be a hard person to please if you were disappointed with the hotel! I'd certainly stay there again and have recommended it to others!

Room Tip: Make sure you remember that there is an additional "heritage" tax in addition to all displ...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Just like what other review stated, the room was clean! Located 10 mins walking distance from Jonker Street. Free parking, the boss and staffs was friendly and helpful. Will I come back next time? Of course yes.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank KennethLimBW
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The Hong Hotel is new, although its looks are deceiving from the outside. The rooms and bathrooms are small but very clean and modern in appearance. There is an option of fan & or air conditioning and there is a TV and free wifi in the rooms. There is a common area near the reception with free filtered water (hot and cold) and free coffee and tea facilities. In fact, one of the ladies on reception made curry puffs and Nonya rice cakes for guests to have free of charge. These were a real treat and surprise. The hotel also has a beautiful terrace lounge area on the roof which is a place to relax but also to see another view of the city. As for service, this was the best we received anywhere in our travels. The reception staff were helpful with maps and suggestions; the hotel is within minutes of the center of the old town. The owner drove us to the Portuguese settlement and picked us up for free. He also gave us a small tour of the city without charge plus took us to the bus station when we left. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and would not look at other hotels if I was to stay in Melaka again.

Room Tip: Ask for a window room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sasha M
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Booked through Agoda (USD20 for double with attached bathroom) and confirmed by phone direct with hotel. Located close to historic area of Melakka up one flight of stairs. Very friendly helpful staff welcomed me with a map and a cup of tea. Room was compact and spotlessly clean, attached bathroom quite small but OK. There is a rooftop sitting area to relax in and free internet.

No breakfast but there are several local food stalls nearby.

The owner was very helpful arranging bus tickets to KL and taking several guests to the bus station.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I never met a hotel owner like him...even though I traveled a lot in South Asian countries. He is so awesome!!! I wasn't sure to stay 1 night at Melaka so...I didn't book the hotel. However I decided to stay when I arrived Melaka sentral, I used my smart phone to check a room through by agoda website which is quite well known in South asia for the hotel. I found Hotel Hong with many good reviews ...so I book and paid by my smart Phone ...and recived the confirmed email. Wow!! It was soooo easy and quick~
I call the hotel owner's phone number because I was not sure how to get there. He ask me where I am...so Itold him that I am at Macdonal in Melaka Sentral bus station. He said he will pick me up...Wow...I never experienced this kind of service before...I feel like a home. He treat me like a family. On the way to his hotel, he gave me many informations about Jonker street and many famous food in Melaka...he is awasome tour guide, too!! At 10:00pm he drove many guest to the yammy places who want to eat famouse Melaka food and pick them up. And even He can drop you off to the Melaka sentral...if he is not busy. I feel like a home as a family! That is my experience with Hotel Hong~
It's just 2 minute to Melaka river from hotel hong. Walk along the river is a nice Journey to all attractions of Melaka and you should try the river cruise at night. It was so beautifull~ with so many sparkling lights!!

• Stayed: December 2012