“Affordable and comfortable budget hotel in Melaka city”

Syaz Meridien Hotel
Ranked #70 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Affordable and comfortable budget hotel in Melaka city”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed in Syaz Meridien back in November while having a Melaka trip with my husband. It's basically a new hotel with new facilities. The room that I booked is clean and comfortable; just enough to fit 3 people. I like how the staffs provided us parking ticket for our car that covers our whole stay duration. I'd totally recommend this hotel due to its comfort and hospitality factor.

Room Tip: Rooms in higher floor provided nicer views I suppose. You should be able to see the Selat Melaka(Mal...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I would recommend this hotel as a great budget hotel, the staff were very helpful and friendly. The room and bathroom were clean and included tea making and fridge facilities and were willing to top up the tea and coffee etc at any time. The setting wasn't great but the location was just right for all the local attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Maggie602013
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Friendly, helpful staff, well maintained hotel bathroom could have been a bit bigger and finished better. Close to the shops/restaurants but not a great location. They lost my trousers in the laundry, but compensated me for the loss. Id recommend as a clean, budget hotel with great service.

• Stayed September 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My friends and I stayed here last week and this was our first trip together. We took a triple room and i can say that its worth on what you pay and i like the room personally. Clean. A very good air-condition. The location quite near to the town with 5-8 minutes walking distance. Its quiet area on the night, do not walk alone. Overall, I'm a satisfied guest with the services. I give 8 out of 10 points. Looking forward to go there with my family!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MaszFieIntan
Penang
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My friends and I took a executive family room which was big enough for 4 of us.
Room was quite clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.
The bathroom door lock was a bit "sticky" and we accidentally locked the bathroom door when we closed the door. The housekeeping staff came up very fast to unlock the bathroom door.
We drove and the hotel provided us with the parking coupons and even reminded us when we returned late at night to put the parking coupon for the next day!
The hotel is nearby all the attractions and by car is very convenient.

Room Tip: The building only has 3 floors but it is located in a quiet area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We are 6 family members and stayed for 1 night. Limited space for executive family room. Room was quite clean except the dusty headboard. Hotel location quite near the town, you can find the Mahkota Parade (shopping mall) just opposite the road.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jamie F
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stayed at this property in November 2012. I conducted a training at the hotel. Check in took a bit longer as the counter staff was busy concentrating a movie on tv.
The training was complimented with morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and as resident, dinner. As training residents together with the participants I found that there was no shortage in service.
The room was slightly on the small side but clean and comfortable, considering you are not staying in a five star and it's price.
The self adjusting air conditioner was cold.
Importantly for me, I slept well throughout my stay.
The bathroom was clean. There was a flat screen and best of all wifi.
All meals during the 3 days and 2 nights were adequate and the training room was just nice. I did not have to use a mike to hold fort. If only there was a sea view.
All guests were supplied with parking coupons, so there was no rush to see if your coupon expired.
Lobby a bit small but how long do you hang around in the lobby other than reading some magazines.
Just walk across the road and you are already in downtown Melaka. Where do you want to go and what do you want to see or eat? All within walking distance.
Except for at night, besides Jonker Street,one may want to drive a bit further heading south towards Muar to Alai Ikan Bakar, Ikan Bakar Terapung (floating) fish galore just to name a few. Head towards Port Dickson by the coastal road, you see the sea on your left. Stop by for some local food and a young coconut drink.
In all, for the price, there is no shortage......what more can you ask for.

Room Tip: since the rooms are a bit far from the main road, so there is no need to choose the room loation
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business