“Conveniently located”

Hatten Hotel Melaka
Ranked #13 of 168 Hotels in Melaka
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is a 5 star hotel but don't expect a Hyatt or Sheraton experience. The only thing going for this hotel is the convenient location. There are 2 malls within walking distance (Hatten Square and Mahkota Parade. Mahkota has more and better shops). There are also several streets of shops with many restaurants next to the hotel.
Rooms are average, buffet breakfast was quite bad, service is average.
The drop off area in front of the lobby is cordoned off (for reasons known only to themselves) so if you came by car, you will need to stop the car at the side of a busy road.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 January 2014

stayed here last weekend for two nights with family...took a deluxe suite on a premier floor which is located in a higher level...the advantages in the premier floor is we can check-in on the 12th floor instead on the ground floor...we also had an advantages to take the breakfast on the 22th floor...in my opinion was great because we can avoid crowded during the check-in and breakfast as i read in the previous review about the hotel...the room was quite spacious & had a 2 lcd tv's....we got the room facing the ocean's view...the main advantages is the hotel location which is a walking distance to the major mall in malacca...no need to drive...the services was good & the staff was very helpful...the breakfast was just an average as not much variety & the majority of the food server were cold (the 22th floor)...overall i enjoyed my stay & will considered this hotel again for my stay in the future...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank uninvitedguest82
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Hatten is well situated, connected to shopping malls and a 20 min walk to Jonker.

The rooms are updated, generally very comfortable. There is a king size bed and a separate sitting area for watching tv. Bathroom is spacious with rain shower.

There is a few minuses which makes it short of an excellent stay but won't affect my decision to stay again. Eg.level 13 rooms can hear some music from the nightspots, and getting disconnected from wifi a few times. Service is ordinary. A bit of mould in the shower stalls.

Nontheless, it is possibly the best located hotel if you want to be near the malls. For that reason I will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I booked 2 rooms for Hatten Hotel Deluxe Suite through HotelClub .Com for 18Jan.2014. Due to an error in keying in, the confirmed reservation shows 1room with 1 adult instead of 2. I had to call the hotline to seek help. I did not managed to get help But frustration fom the customer service lady with an Australian accent who keep on insisting I have to cancel & rebook but thjat the price will cost about 30% more and that frustrated me & I have to demand her superior speaks to me. In the end, her superior was able to resolve this simple issue by calling the hotel & confirmimg the 2 persons in the room. The hotel is located next to Makhota Parade Shopping Centre in the heart of Malacca City which makes it very convenient to move around.I was very surprised when the receptionist informed us the room have been upgraded to the premier floor room on the 21st Floor. The room was superb
and big and the beds & pillows were very comfortable. The only set back the windows were not facing the sea or the city. The hotel boasts of a sky lounge on the 22nd floor with an open air view which is windy but with a beautiful scenery. The buffet breakfast have quite a lot of varieties
and is better than some hotels I have stayed in and this comes with the hotel rooms I have booked. The premier floor guests are able to check out from the 12th floor Premier lounge which makes it fast & straight forward. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Malacca and will not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Though just one night stay in a Melaka getaway but it is a pleasant stay for us.The hotel is clean (maybe because it is new hotel) and well-located, with the shopping mall just right in front of its main entrance. The breakfast is average, nothing to shout about.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1521 and we get a nice view of the view and the strait in a distance.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with family, taking 3 in total.
Hotel is in a great location being near connected to the main shopping malls along with other hotels and a number of restaurants.
Rooms are spacious and well equipped with a large bed, lounge chair and two tv's. Facilities are good with what you would expect from a hotel of this star rating.
However the main issues with this hotel involve it being I extremely busy and not being able to manage this adequately.
The check in process is probably the longest I have ever experienced due to the massive queues, taking over an hour even though a number of front desk staff were present.
Breakfast was probably the worst I have experienced for a long time. We had to queue for about 30 mind plus just to get a seat for breakfast and when we were finally seated we found that most of the food was finished with staff extremely slow at refilling it and when they did, was it emptied within minutes. The worst was at the omelette station with one staff members working two pans to feed a few hundred guests.
By the time I had finally gotten the food I wanted which was some time later, I returned to find that my table had been given away to another guest with staff thinking I had vacated because I was absent for so long. Thankfully they quickly reseated me at another table but by this time my patience was being severely tested.
I later found out that they had actually opened up their function and ballroom to seat other guests to alleviate the crowds and also setup an additional buffet there, which thankfully they did, if not I can only imagine the pandemonium that would have ensued.
Checkout again took some time but was slightly faster than check in.
Hotel really needs to sort out these issues as these are clearly the result of overselling (regularly see offers for this hotel on Groupon and other travel agencies) which is fine as long as you are able to cope with doing so and this hotel clear wasn't.
What should and could have been an excellent stay turned out to be disappointing in the end. I would return due to this hotel being new and it's location but with a number of new hotels coming up, unless they improve things they are likely to lose and am likewise me and other similarly disappointed guests are unlikely to return.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jlnkc
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have stayed in this hotel before but in a twin room instead of a double bed. My 1st time there although pleasant but was quite disappointed to be given a room view that faced another room and I have to endure that for 2 night and 3 days. This time round I had a nice room, thanks to your website! I really love the room and all the staff was hospitable

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com