“Go for Junior Suite”

Ranked #119 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Singapore
“Go for Junior Suite”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stay there last weekend. Family of five (3 Children) i decided to book Junior Suite through Agoda One king size plus sofa bed just right for the five of us. Two set of TV so I can watch World Cup without fighting for the remote. Air con is cool. Room very spacious. Outside the room there is a drinking water dispenser. Unit located just beside the main lobby. Toilet is clean with basic items provided. Ive stay on 4th floor facing the Mahkota Shopping Mall.
Only setback is that you have to cross over the main road to Malls and Dataran. Nearest traffic junction is about 100 m away.
After reading alot about Mahkota Hotel I decided to GO for junior suite.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Zen67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Visited malacca and took a flyer from the visitors information Center. Booked off the street and wow it's was amazing amazingly dirty the bathroom was something out of a horror movie normally I like a bath but wasn't going the bath in this one in case I caught something. The rooms smelt the best part if the hotel was the pool.

Stayed May 2014

Travellers are raving about these Melaka hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Booked a three bedroom apartment because they place looked fancy when I looked on the web.

Was I ever wrong! Carpet was filthy. Walls needed painting. The place had a kitchen, yet there were warning not to cook! Bathroom was horrible! Ordered and paid for wi-fi internet service - it hardly ever worked!

Stephen at the service desk was very unhelpful when I asked to change rooms.

Buffet breakfast was ordinary.

TV had no reception!

Bas smells when we opened the window.

The view from our room was OK.

Overall, I was very disappointed - especially compared to other nice hotels I stayed at in Malaysia.

The hotel's was at least not too far away from some major tourist attractions, but still quite a distance to walk in the tropical heat.

I recommend looking elsewhere for an apartment. Mahkota's apartments are sub-par, and not good value for money at all in my opinion. Avoid!

Room Tip: Avoid the multi-room apartments. I hear that the hotel suites are better, but have not seen them mys...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Abdullah W
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a 2 day 1 night in Junior Suites. It is cozy room. The air-conditioner works very well, our room is very cold, we love it. The bedroom and bathroom looks like a brand new or refurbished one. The room is spacious and come with a sofa bed that we did not have to pay for additional bed.

My kids like the swimming pool facility as it is very huge compared with other hotels. They enjoy it so much. It is so convenient for us as it is walking distance to Mahkota Parade, tourist attraction and eateries.

We had a wonderful stay at Mahkota Parade and will spend 3 days 2 nights next trip. My kids have pre-booked for their next trip ;)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wendy_lai17
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 May 2014

jus stayed in the new room as recommended by reception staff for 2 nights. Room is spacious, clean and conveniently located right next to the main hotel lobby / cafe block.
Easy access to tourist attractions and shopping malls.
Good facilities and service is acceptable, value for $$$. . . :)

Room Tip: request for the newly furnished rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jaxximo
Singapore
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I did research on Tripadvisor before coming and am well prepared. Last stayed at this property 10 years back. The only 2 reasons I booked this so called hotel because they have the 2 bedroom family suite which is suitable for our family of 4 adults + 2 babies. Location is good as it's just a short walk away from most of the central Malacca attractions & shopping area, but anyway we drove out as the roads are quite dangerous to cross. Lots of open air car parking in the large compound. Check in took only 10 mins because I arrived in the evening. Key access entry is a challenge and it does take unusually longer than normal. Family apartment is comfortable in size, but cleanliness is not good because everything in apartment is VERY run-down. Let all the taps to run for a good 15mins so as to turn the yellowish water to be clear. Don't expect luxury & comfort,... we basically use the rooms to sleep as we spend all our time out. We did not use most of the hotel's facilities as we presume the standard of the facility will be the same as what we have seen in the rooms. Basically, if you want to stay here... please be prepared. Not for those who are used to 4 & 5 stars hotels. I am rating it to be even lower than 3 or 3.5 stars as stated.

Room Tip: This is a very old property, so expect all rooms to be run-down.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joeykeong
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights and we booked a 2-bedder apartment. Got a fantastic deal for only 100 SGD per night (4 pax total).

When we walked into the unit, we were utterly disappointed as the real condition of the room is very different from the hotel website pictures. The TV is super tiny and old .. I think I last saw those type of TVs back in the early 1990s. My wife sat on the dining chair and she got bitten by some bugs (hidden inside the chair cushion). We turned on the water tap and utter shocked to see that the water is YELLOW! Trick is to let the tap run for couple of minutes before a "more-decent" water runs through... but whatever it is, please boil the water before consumption unless you intend to stay in the room for the rest of your trip nursing a bad tummy.

Please be aware that no cooking is allowed for short-term stays (i.e. stove is not allowed for use, you can only use the electric kettle).

The bed mattress is rock-hard; I think the mattress in my army-bunk felt more comfortable than those in Mahkota. The bed linens are rough; I reckon its rougher than my skin.

Overall, if you dont mind the above and have perhaps found a superb online hotel deal, you can consider staying in Mahkota. If not, I reckon there are better choices in Melaka.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family