“Excellent stay”

Ranked #13 of 166 Hotels in Melaka
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice hotel. A very good location. Very good food and nice restaurants. Rooms are very spacious and well decored. The staff is very co operative and morning breakfast is well laid down and elaborate. The business centre is good.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Naresh_0857
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, 8 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review.

I am certainly pleased that we have met your expectations. It is certainly gratifying to hear your compliments of our staff and we are proud of having them as part of our team. I have conveyed your compliments to them and they are thrilled to learn that their efforts are appreciated.

We look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Adrian Chung

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
penang
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Easy reservation thru their website, quick check-in and check-out. Complementary use of baby playpen. Helped me to freeze my breat milk in their kitchen freezer. Premier room is newly renovated, cosy and clean. Good location, few steps away from shopping malls. Only downsides are lift are no accessible to the basement car park, and urine stain under the toilet cover in the room.

Room Tip: Premier room are newly renovated.
2 Thank ellikhoo
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and we are pleased that your stay here with your baby has been a memorable one.

I have taken a serious view on all your feedbacks and addressed them with our Executive Housekeeper for immediate corrective actions and improvements.

Once again, my sincere appreciation for taking the time to post your review which certainly is helpful for us to improve further and I look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Heaven
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Good location, value for money. I stayed club room, at lounge, I get 2 beer in happy hour.
Room is spacious and clean.
Breakfast is "OK", but here is Malaya, bacon and sousage are made from chicken.
I like real bacon and sausage, after 1 night stay, went back to Singapore.

Room Tip: When you Booking bus ticket, choose the hotel package, you can get a discount.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jandara_2013
Hotel_Equatorial_Mel, General Manager at Hotel Equatorial Melaka, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that your stay has been pleasant.

My sincere appreciation for taking the time to post your review and I look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great hotel on a fantastic location. Excellent service and an extensive breakfast buffet. Very nice swimming pool with friendly crew members. I had an excellent view over Melaka at my room. Only one remark: The airconditioning at the lobby is a bit chilly

1 Thank JaapvdS

Thank you for your kind review.

We are pleased that your stay has been an enjoyable one. It is always gratifying to receive compliments and I will surely share these with all my staffs. Your comments in regards to the breakfast spread have also been shared with the Executive Chef.

Rest assured, we will continue to strive to provide the best level of service.

We certainly cherish your patronage and we look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is located very near to the two shopping mall and walking distance to Jonker street. The room is clean and comfortable. The hotel allow me to have late check out at 2p.m. Enjoy my stay there.

Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable time with us during your recent stay. Rest assured, every effort will always be made to serve you and all our guests better.

We look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 July 2014

location - very good! its 30secs away from a mall!!

premise - old but clean! dont believe the negative statements from some other reviewers.

crowd - family hotel.

staff - polite.... friendly.... fast service.... all smile all over!!!

room - good and clean. tidy and good view all around. only the toilet looks dated and can make do with a revamp.

food - we didnt get to eat in the hotel, our room did not come with bfast as well but the Macaroons from the hotel lobby lounge was quite good!

verdict - really, it's good for the money and location is bang on as well.

Room Tip: higher floors have a good view naturally but overall, it's good view all around as it's a ta...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review.

I am certainly very pleased that we have met your expectations. It is certainly gratifying to hear your compliments of our staff and we are proud of having them as part of our team. I have conveyed your compliments to them and they are thrilled to learn that their efforts are appreciated.

We certainly value your patronage and we look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Equatorial Melaka.

Singapore
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Just came back from my 2d 1n trip from malacca and book Equatorial premium room. Reason for choosing them is because premium room has a day bed which converted from a balcony and my elder one can sleep there. Location and their safe carpark.

Sad to say that this hotel is loosing its charm. Room is indeed huge and spacious, comfortable bed but the furniture is wearing off. Request for baby cot and they provide me a playpen with mattress with baby pillow and 2 cute bolster. It wasn't comfortable as the centre part of the mattress actually sink down.

I saw strand of hair at the toilet bowl seat and yellow mucky water not flush clean, gross! Bath tub has a tiny dead insect in it and the button of the toilet bowl has algae around it.

I pay $370RM for this room and no breakfast! Too expensive which I felt not worth it. This will be the last time, I still prefer the hotel next to them.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review.

I have taken a serious view on all your feedback and addressed them for immediate corrective actions and improvements. Rest assured, every effort will be made to improve where we have fallen short.

Once again, my sincere appreciation for taking the time to post your review which is certainly helpful for us to improve further and I look forward to welcome you back.